Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uisneach fire festival-any good for young kids?

Options
  • 22-04-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Is this festival worth going to with young children? (ages 5 and 3). What time are the fires lit?(I feel it is no point travelling all the way from County Wicklow, if we are going to miss out on the main event).Not planning on staying up there. What is in the festival for children?

Any constructive advice welcome!Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Wrong county - it's in Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Moved from Meath forum

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Greystoner wrote: »
    Is this festival worth going to with young children? (ages 5 and 3). What time are the fires lit?(I feel it is no point travelling all the way from County Wicklow, if we are going to miss out on the main event).Not planning on staying up there. What is in the festival for children?

Any constructive advice welcome!Thanks.

Hi,

On the website it says Children under 12 free so I guess it's not unsuitable but there isn't a dreat amount of information, which is a shame because I really like the idea of it.
    We are thinking of going up too with our 7 year old, but like you won't be staying overnight. We're trying to figure out what time to get there and how long we'll be there because the 7 year olds can get a bit ansy ;-)

Here's a link to the site anyway.

Advertisement