Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gt635m/Gt555m drivers

Options
  • 22-04-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

So I recently bought a laptop with has a Gt635m GPU in it. Now from what a understand this is the very same card as the Gt555m expect with a 100mhz increase in clock speed and obviously a fancy new name.

Despite this nividia have yet to release the latest the latest drivers for the Gt635m even though they have do so for the Gt555m. My question is, do you think I could just download the Gt555m drivers and install them? Or is there bound to be some issues? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Jaafa wrote: »
    Or is there bound to be some issues? Thanks.

Apparently, there are some issues (with Steam games, Skype, etc) and as someone from Nvidia Tech Support said in this thread:
    We haven't released any 600m supported drivers yet. So you will need to stick with the drivers that shipped with your laptop for the time being.

But they should come online anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Yeah I saw that thread already, I'm not gona hold my breathe though.

Ok well went ahead and did it, drivers installed fine, and everything seems to be working now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Ok well went ahead and did it, drivers installed fine, and everything seems to be working now.

God loves a trier! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

You went for a different laptop than the B Stock one in computeruniverse?

• Advertisement

You went for a different laptop than the B Stock one in computeruniverse?

Yep got the Asus N55Sl from amazon with vat off thanks to my dad. 700 euro total for brand new. i5, Gt635m,6GB ram, bluetooth blue ray, 1600x900 matte screen, brillant sound, and of course non German keyboard/OS.:D

Suprised by this GPU actually, running black ops completely maxed out, shogun 2 all settings on high with 16xAF and 2xAA minimal lag even when zooming in on 4000 troop battles. And this all at native resolution. The new drivers must have really worked. The benchmarks I was seeing before for this card were not this good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Yep got the Asus N55Sl from amazon with vat off thanks to my dad. 700 euro total for brand new. i5, Gt635m,6GB ram, bluetooth blue ray, 1600x900 matte screen, brillant sound, and of course non German keyboard/OS.:D
    LOL, did he take abit of wearing down to agree??pacman.gif

It must have been like xmas morning when you were 8 taking that outta the box.:p:p

Nice machine (from the pics anyway, never seen one), did you get that Sonic Master Subwoofer with it? What's that like?

c3PKFoindB6pV32c_500.jpg

It was a funny story actually went to buy that MSI, put it in my cart pressed buy and everything, then the payment couldn't go through, turned out the money still hadn't been deposited on the card yet. Just at that moment the old man goes 'Sure why not use my vat number'. :rolleyes:

Remember the Asus, found it on amazon and bought it then.

Yeah subwoofer came with it, really does add to it, produces excellent base when hooked up, I'm fairly certain I could use this thing at a small party sometime with no problems.

Advertisement