Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The joys of alcoholic

• 22-04-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Oh the joys of being an alcoholic get better by the day.
    Have about seven and a half beers last night and was completely smashed.
    Don't remember a bloody thing to be honest but half my friends are no longer talking to me. Think I may have tried it on with his bird or something. He sent me a text saying "you're a compete and utter tit, wb". The other guy doesn't have time for me at the best of times either.
    I spent about 50 quid too. The worst thing is I know I'll do it all over again on the 17th of May.
    I wish I could give this **** up for life.
    It seems to get worse every time now too.
    People say it keeps getting worse with age too and I'm already 25.
    How can you give up this crap for once and for all?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The best course of action right now is to post about it in After Hours apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Heroin is your only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I don't think going out on the lash now and again makes you an alcoholic.

Though if you can get drunk on €50 you could teach a lot of people some tricks :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Don't remember a bloody thing to be honest but half my friends are no longer talking to me. Think I may have tried it on with his bird or something. He sent me a text saying "you're a compete and utter tit, wb". The other guy doesn't have time for me at the best of times either.
    I spent about 50 quid too. The worst thing is I know I'll do it all over again on the 17th of May.

No wonder there not talking to ya :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Big bag of foy and hit the field!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Your friend speaks the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

You got the fear bad son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The best course of action right now is to post about it in After Hours apparently.

It actually helps, try it some time.
    are you a boardsie yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

seven and a half beers

I know that post was verging on a cry for help, but I just have to ask - what happened to the other half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Probably lay of the juice and start hitting the crack pipe.

or alternatively......... http://www.rutlandcentre.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

Clown

Your friend speaks the truth
    Cyber bullying doesn't make you big and strong, it actually makes you week.
    Never be a bully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭cml387

Seven and a half beers??

When did you order the half,wimp.There,I've said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

50 quid? I'd have that gone in an hour:(
    Think u need to start havin 1 or 2 during the week cos if you're only going out every month or 2 you are goin to get hammered everytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Cyber bullying doesn't make you big and strong, it actually makes you week.
    Never be a bully

This one or next one?:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

What a classless guy coming out with a statement like that and on top of that demanding that you reply to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Teddy Teddy Teddy, what are ya like. Seriously I don't think you're an alcoholic but you just need to calm the alcohol injected jets. And what sort of friends let you drink yourself silly anyway and whatever happened to bros before hos too. *Shakes head*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

cgpg5 wrote: »
    What a classless guy coming out with a statement like that and on top of that demanding that you reply to it

Not even that but who the fúck says wb these days!

KKkitty wrote: »
    Teddy Teddy Teddy, what are ya like. Seriously I don't think you're an alcoholic but you just need to calm the alcohol injected jets. And what sort of friends let you drink yourself silly anyway and whatever happened to bros before hos too. *Shakes head*
    I'm not the best looking though so I have to take what I can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

You have a DISEASE!

Alcaholicamismus diseasus is the latin name for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Seven and a half beers? Jaysus...it's a bad sign when an alcoholic has less beer than you :o

Hope ya get the help you need though, OP. It's a tough addiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Not even that but who the fúck says wb these days!

Remember as a young teen every text regardless of the context closed with a good "wb asap"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

seven and half beers? that's only breakfast

0066ad wrote: »
    seven and half beers? that's only breakfast
    it's binge drinking is what it is.
    Why do people always pretend they drink more than 10 pints. There no way a human body could be hold all the liquid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

If you're going to keep drinking try to drink slower, drinking anything fast even something like beer and you'd be surprised how pissed you get off what seems like not a lot of booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

dude,when i'm startin to feel a bit ropey i have a sneaky pint of water.if that doesnt work then i just stick to the coke.
    alls fair in love n war,so long as you can remember it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Alright, enough.

What's this wb thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Why do people always pretend they drink more than 10 pints. There no way a human body could be hold all the liquid.

That's why you piss so much on a night out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You do know that you have a sort of release valve for that very reason?

It's why the people you're drinking with get up and go into that little room down the back at regular intervals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

Do you not urinate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Alright, enough.

What's this wb thing?

Write Back
    W@nker B@stard
    Willie Byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

The joys of alcoholic, makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'm not the best looking though so I have to take what I can get.
    Don't sell yourself short Teddy. Slow the pace a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You take plenty of piss breaks but loads of people have more than 10 pints in one sitting. Its all down to tolerance levels its nothing to do with been a hard man or anything. When I drink at weekends I drink an upwards of 10 pints on a night, its bad binging I know, but I enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Alright, enough.

What's this wb thing?

Ha ha its write back:)

• Advertisement

micropig wrote: »
    Write Back
    W@nker B@stard
    Willie Byrne

Well you live & learn. This bugged me.

Ted, your only 25. Don't worry about the drinking thing. Your tolerance to it will get better with age.

Ha ha its write back:)

I didn't know what a tracker mortgage was either.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

**** happens Teddy. The worst thing you can do is try to tag yourself with some nonsense catch-all like "alcoholic" because of your guilt for screwing up a bit on the social scene.
    A real alco would laugh at your 7 pints in fairness. If anything you were a bit of a tit while inebriated. We've all been there. I've maybe done worse things myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

If your nights out are regularly like this, then maybe look at cutting back a bit.

If not, don't worry too much, we all get quite drunk now and then.
    You probably still have a touch of the fear: wait and see how you feel about last night in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭ducksmalone

dude,when i'm startin to feel a bit ropey i have a sneaky pint of water.if that doesnt work then i just stick to the coke.
    alls fair in love n war,so long as you can remember it!
    Are you under the illusion that by drinking water you will somehow sober up in between pints of beer? :D

The liver doesnt work like that,all the pub has at that stage with you is,a drunk who cant stop pissing while not spending any money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Just don't drink as much, OP. You're responsible for your behaviour no matter what. 4 months ago I ended up pissing, puking and crapping simultaneously. That was too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I agree there are people who think they're mad and lie about how much they drink, but I'm surprised you don't think anyone can drink more than 10 pints :confused: Maybe you're just lucky not to surround yourself with binge drinkers and alcoholics :pac:

I'm female and I've had more than 10 pints on nights out before so I expect a lot of men could also. It all depends on your own tolerance to alcohol - it varies from person to person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Teddy, there's a simple question to ask yourself: are you in control of the alcohol, or is it in control of you?

And I'm talking on an ongoing basis here: we all overdo things once in a blue moon.

If the latter, you need to cut back at least; you may need to seek help if that isn't working.

I enjoy a couple of pints as much as the next person, but we can glorify alcohol in this country and equate it to being the "hard man", and overdo it until we suddenly realise, often too late, that we're not living our own lives, alcohol is living them for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

Are you under the illusion that by drinking water you will somehow sober up in between pints of beer? :D

The liver doesnt work like that,all the pub has at that stage with you is,a drunk who cant stop pissing while not spending any money.

'

thats eggsackly what happens with my liver.you just try and prove it doesn't!
    and whats wrong with pissing and not spending money?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Try stopping for a few months. If you can stop for 3 months and be happy while not drinking than you might not have a problem.
    But its not how much you drink, its how it affects you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Dude, I kinda like ya, cos your posts are usually funny, so I feel the need to reach out the hand of help (am on the fone here so can't do smilies - but I want to do the one with the BIG grin).

Anyway, I dunno if your post is a joke or kinda true? My friend Colm, he's in AA and he would tell ya that if yer drinking is causing you bother, well then, you need to take a good think about it.

So says Colm. And he's a good dude too. AA might not be so bad. It'll get you outta the house if anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭bubbuz

Old Chinese proverb...... " First the man takes the drink then the drink takes the man " hmmmmm, no prizes for guessing where I read that.
    Alcoholism is a killer disease, and certainly not one to be mocked, in my opinion OP if your worried then just ease off for a while and see how you go but don't go punishing yourself with guilt over what you did while you were on the drink or that'll just drive you straight back to it, we've all made dicks of ourselves while drunk, don't beat yourself up over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

I drank once, it was terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lightweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Im drunk now and im at home...7 and a half beers me arse,id drink that before i went out to the pub.

• Advertisement
Advertisement