Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas to Bishopstown morning traffic?

Options
  • 22-04-2012 11:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not expecting a pretty answer for this.... Basically I'm considering a job in Bishopstown, Model Farm Road area. Anyone know how long it would take to get from Bishopstown if I had to be in for 8.30 - 9am? I'm guessing it would be terrible with the traffic. I'd be going towards the link and the Bishopstown exit then I presume and in through Wilton. How bad are these in the mornings ?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

dory wrote: »
    I'm not expecting a pretty answer for this.... Basically I'm considering a job in Bishopstown, Model Farm Road area. Anyone know how long it would take to get from Bishopstown if I had to be in for 8.30 - 9am? I'm guessing it would be terrible with the traffic. I'd be going towards the link and the Bishopstown exit then I presume and in through Wilton. How bad are these in the mornings ?

Cheers!
    Once past the magic roundabout you should be ok.its getting out of douglas that's tricksy. If you live in donnybrook you can go the back road to the airport , down into togher and then across to Bishopstown. It's not as long as it sounds. Give us a bit more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

dory wrote: »

Cheers!

Its not too bad, normally..might be worse at the moment given the major roadworks going on on the south link. I assume its in the business & technology park which means you may encounter traffic in the vicinity of CIT aswell if coming from the south link, but its still not too bad a commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Does the place you may work have flexi time? I go from rochestown to model farm road everyday but I go in for 7 and leave at 3 as it suits me. Very little traffic as you can imagine. A lot of people carry on to the bandon road roundabout, up hawkes road and along Melbourne road instead of through wilton. This way can be quicker sometimes but depends on timing it to avoid CIT traffic. As said above, the biggest problem may well be in Douglas depending on what part of it you are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Lately though the link has been a no go from East -> West over the roadworks, once they are done though it may very well be quickest,

going through togher usually is fastest but again i noticed forge hill is jam packed in the mornings ever since that one morning recently wilton traffic backed up as far as the tunnel.

i think personally you may be faster going by UCC i find

south douglas road is easy (despite the traffic lights and schools) it takes me 10-15 minutes at 8.30am - 9am ish to get from douglas (douglas church area) to get to Ucc brookfield, if i leave at 8am however it takes about 20-25 minutes to get through douglas but once i pass douglas comm im fine,( its why i leave at 8.30 when the traffic has cleared) after south douglas road i head through turners cross, and straight down by barracks street/st finbarrs cathedral and down college road.

from UCC brookfield you would go straight through dennehy's cross junction (may take another 5-10 minutes depending on lights) and down the model farm road.

its a roundabout way, but im avoiding the link these days as its hit or miss with traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

from about 8 to 8:45 its pretty bad, or at least sometimes is. its unreliable at best.
    if work are sticklers for time id reccommend going quite early. maybe leave about 7:45. going through that traffic every day I find its a toss up between being half an hour early or runnin for the door at nine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thanks everyone. It's a school so yea, pretty sticky on the time alright. I may try out a few routes and see what I can make of it. The UCC way sounds good!

Advertisement