Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash deposit on site - can't get money back

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Tigger wrote: »
    I'll give you a better lesson to learn
    Fight the baxtards of this world
    Learn the rules of being on top of this midden heap of a country

" lose if you must win if you can but always cheat"
    That will give you more then a hypothetical future where you don't lose money again that will give you the tools and pride to deal with these types on their own level.
    So 'learn to be a crook' is a better lesson to learn? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

So 'learn to be a crook' is a better lesson to learn? :confused:

No dude learn to fight a crook is the lesson to learn

Tools to deal with baxtards should only be use against baxtards

I retread my post and it was quite clear that I ment to fight dirty against the dirty
    I'm sorry if you think I'm anything but a gentleman till someone steals 10 grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

No dude learn to fight a crook is the lesson to learn
    The crook certainly deserves any sh!t that comes his way. Yeah, I'm taking it for granted that the OP will make him earn his stolen money.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ring him
    Say hello mr whover to clarify who he is
    Hell say hello
    Start crying if you can't cry have a think about the ten grand for a while till you can
    Beg him for the money back he will say no I can't because this reason that reason the other reason
    Refer to the money over and over while arguing these details he will keep referring to it also
    Keep crying so he dosent realise you are recording the phone call

Every fecker in this country seems to think you can't record phone calls or that they are non admissible but they are very admissible and you can record calls

The law is one of the parties on the call ( ie you) has to be aware of the recording then it's ok

You can verify this with whoever

If you have this you can get all your deposit back because in property deals deposits are refudable

The proof of taking it out plus his receding to it will. E enough to drag him to the court I he's running for office I doubt it will get that far you brief will have to disclose to his at some point and that will be that

It is very difficult to use such a recording in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 curlysues89

Is this crook still answering your calls? Could you ring him to discuss getting your 10k back after the 'auction' and set your phone to record. It's probably not admissible in court but it will be something!

he is answering every call i made to him.hes been super nice which is so annoying.I didnt realise you could record like that on your phone.ill look into that today and ring him again this wk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Ring him
    Say hello mr whover to clarify who he is
    Hell say hello
    Start crying if you can't cry have a think about the ten grand for a while till you can
    Beg him for the money back he will say no I can't because this reason that reason the other reason
    Refer to the money over and over while arguing these details he will keep referring to it also
    Keep crying so he dosent realise you are recording the phone call

Every fecker in this country seems to think you can't record phone calls or that they are non admissible but they are very admissible and you can record calls

The law is one of the parties on the call ( ie you) has to be aware of the recording then it's ok

You can verify this with whoever

If you have this you can get all your deposit back because in property deals deposits are refudable

The proof of taking it out plus his receding to it will. E enough to drag him to the court I he's running for office I doubt it will get that far you brief will have to disclose to his at some point and that will be that

Very good idea.

You have to try this OP.

In my work place one of my colleagues always records the meetings between staff and management and when he is off another person takes over from him in recording the meetings

It has worked a few times, with management been caught telling lies and been forced to go back on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hi,
    I would love if anyone has any thoughts about this.I paid a cash deposit on a site last year when our planning permission came through on a site i was going to buy.However when I went to the solicitor, there were so many legal complications with the site that she would not let me buy it.i paid the seller 10k CASH like he had asked from the beginning.and now he wont return any of the money once i have withdrawn from the deal.As there is no paper trail on the money i will probably never get it back.

your solicitor isnt the one who decides whether you buy it or not, make them do their job or move onto another solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

This is disgusting - if it was me I'd get everything I could in writing and consider naming him in public. You'd better check the legal implications first.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Threaten to go to the local papers & radio etc etc. Get the story all written down so the radio will run with it. Let him know you mean business.

I know of a girl that was owed 15,000 from a supposed friend form a car sale, the guy ran of to Spain..she tried the nice approach for 2 years but only got a few hundred of him while he lived it up in Spain. She went public on FB and told all his friends what he had done & they turned on him very quickly. He paid her back every penny in instalments within 3 months.

He will soon pay up if he thinks the local town are going to know he is a thief!

Threaten to go to the local papers & radio etc etc. Get the story all written down so the radio will run with it. Let him know you mean business.

I know of a girl that was owed 15,000 from a supposed friend form a car sale, the guy ran of to Spain..she tried the nice approach for 2 years but only got a few hundred of him while he lived it up in Spain. She went public on FB and told all his friends what he had done & they turned on him very quickly. He paid her back every penny in instalments within 3 months.

He will soon pay up if he thinks the local town are going to know he is a thief!

This is another move im going to have to think about.People will know how stupid i was tho,handing over that cash.But I really would do anything.But i must look into the legal side as I know I wont be allowed to name him.but I can give hints that will make people realize who he is.

• Advertisement

your solicitor isnt the one who decides whether you buy it or not, make them do their job or move onto another solicitor

But sure now I've seen how that man operates and don't want any land next or near him.And i don't want legal obligations, due to a road hanging over me either.So i think leaving the site alone is a good decision that I made.

Victor wrote: »
    It is very difficult to use such a recording in court.

Can you explain why?Suppose written proof would be better.

Advertisement