Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaeltacht subsidies

• 22-04-2012 11:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what kind of subsidies irish speakers get from living in the gaeltacht?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm sure someone does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

if ye go to the gaeltacht you will never find anyone speaking Irish anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

0.01c per word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

AFIK, indivdually it's small beer, but they ride it to the heavens.

The big money is in the regions themselves. They get plenty.

In fairness though, most of these areas could do with some sort of investment anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

millions I believe & free land:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

A BigMac and a paper hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

true wrote: »
    if ye go to the gaeltacht you will never find anyone speaking Irish anyway.

Yes you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Back in my day I had to pay to go to the Gaeltacht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bombay Allee

obviosly drurng the CELTIC TIGER there was an array of interesting incentives to move back to the Gaeltacht, if you were indigineous, obviosly, but that train has ceased.:( obv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Max largo

About 3 fiddy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a mars bar and a can of coke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

A sangwich making, baby popping sex slave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

The main one would have been An Sceim labhairt na Gaeilge, where a family with children who could show they had native speaker standared of Irish got a grant worth roughly about an extra weeks child support in a year. Thats gone with a few years now, though I did hear somthing about a new one being created.

Mainly though, most support the Gaeltachts get go to the business comunity through Udarais na Gaeltachta, you would also get a concentration of State supported Irish Language organisations in the Gaeltacht such as TG4. There are other incidental benefits like the Summer College industry that provides aditional income to some Gaeltacht families also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I spose it was a bit of a gimmick to help Connemara & other areas like it.

No harm in it really

Advertisement