Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

well done Kyle Walker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Excellent news, well deserved too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

agreed. he always works so hard, he is a credit to spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm not so big a fan of Kyle as others on here. Fair play to him for getting the award, but he's got quite a bit to go yet. He's young at least, so has that in his favour, but he can't shoot or cross to save his life. Positionally he's not great and only makes up for it with his pace.

If he could spend the summer working on getting decent crosses into the box he could be really excellent next season but I don't think he's been that great this season. Definitely and upgrade on Corluka, though you'd miss the latters link-up play with Lennon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

SuprSi wrote: »
    I don't think he's been that great this season. /QUOTE]

Best full back we have had for a long time, if we aint happy with this guy, we'll never be happy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Happy for him. He's done well for us, and is a great player, but he can't cross to save his life. Really bad at it, but hopefully he'll work on it over the summer.

Aguero should have won it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »
    SuprSi wrote: »
    I don't think he's been that great this season. /QUOTE]

Best full back we have had for a long time, if we aint happy with this guy, we'll never be happy.

Don't get me wrong, defensively (thanks to his pace) he's been very good in open play. Not so good from set pieces though. And his final delivery is so badly lacking that every time I see him fly forward I just want him to pass it to someone more capable before he belts it out of play.

I'm happy we have him as there's plenty more to come and he could be our first choice right back for the next 10 years.

Advertisement