Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to re-ignite the romance attempt 178

Options
  • 23-04-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Im currently in the process of re-installing FM2011. Let me start by saying I was a huge championship manager fan. Played it religiously from cm 00/01 to fm2007.

It was after that the love started to fade. The introduction of to much nitpicking, the pointless press conferences, the 3d match engine.

I want to love this game again. Rekindle the days of bringing rushden and diamonds to being the best team in europe.

To play this game anymore is it simply a case of you have to constantly tweak and change tactics for every game? Indulge in the press conferences?

Is it a case of gone are the days of quality tactics that you can stand by through a season?

Beat wolves away 4-0 to only draw 2-2 the following week with Bolton? "ahh my forward was running to ticks to much".

Any advice? Point me in the right direction!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You do the first press conference and then you can just assign them to your assistant. Job done. You'll occasionally be asked questions but I just ignore them unless it's something interesting.

For me, the one tactic works for the whole season. The current tactic I'm using I made in fm10, adjusted it a little for 11 and then again for 12. It's lasted pretty much unchanged for three seasons in one of my games, seems to just get better as time goes on.

You can make it as simple as you want, but it'll take a while at the start to get everything right. After that though you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You do the first press conference and then you can just assign them to your assistant. Job done.
    I can't trust assistants with press conferences, they always seem to upset players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I can't trust assistants with press conferences, they always seem to upset players.

Or say something stupid like "X is going to take care of their main threat", when X isn't even going to be on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I think press conferences should only happen at key moments in the season (Appointed manager, new season, big signing, cup semi final/final, derby's, end of season etc.), they just drag on so much. Or at least make this an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I think press conferences should only happen at key moments in the season (Appointed manager, new season, big signing, cup semi final/final, derby's, end of season etc.), they just drag on so much. Or at least make this an option.

There's only so many times you can give the exact same answer. It really gets tedious very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Get yourself over to champman0102.co.uk mate! There you can download the game(legally), the patch and updated teams, as well as tactics, challenges etc.
    It may may well rekindle your love of finishing a season in a few hours!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    There's only so many times you can give the exact same answer. It really gets tedious very quickly.

It reflects real life very well tbh

Advertisement