Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work in Sydney

Options
  • 23-04-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have just moved to Sydney & I am on a WHV for 12 months. Finding it hard to get a job (office temp work) Have registered with a few recruitment agencies and applied privately for jobs...still no luck. Has anyone any tips on on the right agencies to register with (or ones with the decency of getting bk to you) or best place to look? Sydney is ok but don't plan on staying here for too long. Would love to move on elsewhere in Oz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I have just moved to Sydney & I am on a WHV for 12 months. Finding it hard to get a job (office temp work) Have registered with a few recruitment agencies and applied privately for jobs...still no luck. Has anyone any tips on on the right agencies to register with (or ones with the decency of getting bk to you) or best place to look? Sydney is ok but don't plan on staying here for too long. Would love to move on elsewhere in Oz.

Don't just send CV's or apply on Seek. Once you've applied call them. Sending CV's to agencies and Seek only may as well be throwing them in the bin, they just get stockpiled.

For temp office work in Sydney try people2people or OfficeTeam, they seem to be the best for temp office work. It is quite slow at the moment so make sure you ring them at least once a week so they remember you're alive. If you rely on them calling you with a job you could be waiting months.

I found it hard at first, took me about a month, then I got offered four different jobs in the space of an hour by four different agencies. My contract is actually up at the end of this week so I'll be back looking again which I'm definitely not looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LunarEclipse83

Thanks a mil for your reply. I will try those agencies and hope for the best :) Are you staying in Sydney or where about's in Oz are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Try www.randstad.com.au

Large recruiter and contracting company in Sydney. Get on the phone and give them a call. Iv met quite a few of them and seemed like a great bunch.

You have to follow up here as there is plenty of competition.

Advertisement