Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Conference Play Offs - *Monday-Friday*

Options
  • 23-04-2012 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

AFC

Denver Broncos (DAFLOOD) @ New York Jets (Berty44)

NFC

Green Bay Packers (Ben SFC) @ Arizona Cardinals (ShaneCos11)

Best of luck to all, except Shane of course since I'm playing him :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wednesday is probably best for me Shane once I've got my new connection. Does that suit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Daflood, I can do tonight anytime after 9.

( I can't do Tuesday Wednesday but can do Thursday )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Best of luck to all.
    Daflood, good luck to you Berty is awesome :D

Personally I'd like a Broncos Vs Cardinals just to change things up a bit :

And also I want the Cards to win cos Santry didnt trade me Locker :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I am hoping that the Super Bowl will be done with this week. I am going to do a doodle poll for the draft next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    I am hoping that the Super Bowl will be done with this week. I am going to do a doodle poll for the draft next week.

Yep if the games get done tonight Super Bowl could be done by the end of the week.
    So we could have the draft on Monday or so and get the new season started.

Anyone have a link to next years fixtures?

• Advertisement

I set up a doodle poll for the weekdays next week. Maybe you should sticky it.

Yep if the games get done tonight Super Bowl could be done by the end of the week.
    So we could have the draft on Monday or so and get the new season started.

Anyone have a link to next years fixtures?

Since you want to Shane to win I thought about whether or not to give it to you :pac:

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcs.htm

2012 schedule!

SantryRed wrote: »
    Since you want to Shane to win I thought about whether or not to give it to you :pac:

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcs.htm

2012 schedule!

Man i would have knocked over with a cheese head on top if i had gotten Locker!

Games against, Raoul, Santry and Berty next year :)

Anyways,

When is best for you Shane? Wednesday at 7 would be good for me if you can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I'm in Mayo right now, i'll try to head to galway wednesday! i'll keep you informed!

• Advertisement

Shane.C wrote: »
    I'm in Mayo right now, i'll try to head to galway wednesday! i'll keep you informed!

You not got internet in Mayo? :pac:

I have but its 1MB, not a hope am i gonna be able to play! In Galway, i have 25MB UPC, and i leave my xbox there, housemates have xbox games and we agreed to share! haha

I have but its 1MB, not a hope am i gonna be able to play! In Galway, i have 25MB UPC, and i leave my xbox there, housemates have xbox games and we agreed to share! haha

No problem.

If you can't do Weds I can do late night on Thursday about 11:30ish.

Let me know. My run D has gotten going by the way ;)

Man i would have knocked over with a cheese head on top if i had gotten Locker!

Games against, Raoul, Santry and Berty next year :)
    Can't wait!! :mad:

I am out for revenge on everyone next year. Disgusted by this years performance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raoul wrote: »
    Can't wait!! :mad:

I am out for revenge on everyone next year. Disgusted by this years performance

You'll have to get to this superbowl if you have any hopes of erasing our match. Delighted I won't play Berty and Santry this year. Who do I play now. AFC north and NFC South?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

matthew8 wrote: »
    You'll have to get to this superbowl if you have any hopes of erasing our match. Delighted I won't play Berty and Santry this year. Who do I play now. AFC north and NFC South?

You have to play me tho :cool:

Any chance you can play today in the afternoon, Santry?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Ok then, thursday it is. I don't know what time will quirk though. I have a tag rugby game at either 8.15 or 9.
    Berty44 wrote: »

daflood wrote: »
    Ok then, thursday it is. I don't know what time will quirk though. I have a tag rugby game at either 8.15 or 9.

That's grand actually. I have another game at 9 so can play after that. So around 10:30 ?

Any chance you can play today in the afternoon, Santry?

Sorry Shane I can't. Last week of classes in college this week so have to actually go in :pac:

I really don't trust my Internet at the minute either as it dropped out last night against empacher.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Sorry Shane I can't. Last week of classes in college this week so have to actually go in :pac:

I really don't trust my Internet at the minute either as it dropped out last night against empacher.

bok bok bok bok

sorry that's meant to be a chicken sound :D

I could do right now Shane if it suits.

You'd probably be better of waiting Ben, i mean if it cuts out and your winning and you end up losing you will not be a happy camper and same with Shane, it's only a 1 day wait so its not like you're holding everything up

Yeah but you're a asshole for goading me into it :D anyways in college at 12 so will have to be tomorrow Shane! Thanks :)

We're gonna try to play this tonight. So if everyone could not use their internet from 10-11:30 to give my Eircom internet the best possible chance that'd be great :pac:

If at all possible, I would prefer to play before, so I can go for pints after tag.

But the stupid league won't tell us whether it is at 8.15 or 9, so I can't even arrange a time.

Are you defo unavailable tomorrow night?

That's grand actually. I have another game at 9 so can play after that. So around 10:30 ?

If at all possible, I would prefer to play before, so I can go for pints after tag.

But the stupid league won't tell us whether it is at 8.15 or 9, so I can't even arrange a time.

Are you defo unavailable tomorrow night?
    I am out tomorrow night so definitely unavailable.

I can do Thursday night at 7 but that will only suit if your game is at 9.

Can do Friday at 7 also.

I think Thursday at 7 should work. I live pretty close to where the tag rugby game is. Savage!!

Oh its on!!!! I am big underdog, so I may as well come out swinging!! :D

Last time I was uber sensible, this time, I may as well go for it!!

Plus I am away for the whole weekend and don't want to hold up the draft, I am really looking forward to next season. I feel kinda like the Cincinnati this year: Dalton and green did well and can only get better, Chandler Jones and Cody Hoppes should be a mojor force next year!!

There is a guy in the real draft this weekend called Chandler Jones who is a defensive end.....:pac:

They must take real names and mess with positions and stats etc....
    I am out tomorrow night so definitely unavailable.

I can do Thursday night at 7 but that will only suit if your game is at 9.

Can do Friday at 7 also.

7 on Thursday it is for the right to play Ben and the Pack in the Superbowl ( congrats to Ben...again ! Hard luck Shane )

• Advertisement

Denver Broncos @ New York Jets

It comes as no surprise to see the New York Jets back in the AFC Conference game for their third visit in 4 Boards seasons. However, it comes as a big surprise to see a rookie head coach in it. However, the Broncos are here on merit coming off a 13-3 regular season, with their losses coming against the previous Superbowl winners in the Packers and the Jets and also a loss to the San Diego Chargers. Lets take a look at the two teams' offense and defense to see who are the key players and who has the advantage in this one.

Offense

The New York Jets have looked to the air this year around on their quest to another 16-0 season. When you have one of the best QBs in the game in Aaron Rodgers, you just have to air it out, as you can trust him to put the ball in tight spots. The Jets head coach has been very impressive in control of Rodgers this season with a completion rate of 69% for 34 touchdowns and just 10 interceptions, leading to an amazing quarterback rating of 115! The Jets have three main go to guys who they spread receptions about very well. It can be very difficult to tell where Rodgers will throw the ball as Darius Heyward-Bey(54 recs 860 yards), Plaxico Burress (44 recs 722 yards) and Dustin Keller (39 recs 719 yards) show they are all very capable of helping Rodgers in moving the ball. Whilst trying to stop the Jets passing game, you cannot forget about their 1-2 punch running back combination in Frank Gore and CJ Spiller as they have combined this season for 1400 yards and 19 touchdowns.

The Broncos have been equally as impressive on offense this season, ranking 4th in total offensive yards. Just like the Jets, the Broncos prefer to air it out but have accounted for over 2000 yards rushing also! Offensive Rookie of the Year QB Chandler Jones has been absolutely phenomenal this season, throwing for 3200 yards for 28 touchdowns and just 11 interceptions. The Broncos have a New England philosophy on offense, as they value their Tight Ends greatly, as is shown by their top two players leading receptions on their team being Cody Hoppes (68 recs 1385 yards) and Tony Moeaki (51 recs 710 yards). However, the Broncos also have a devastating offensive Wide Receiver weapon in Calvin Johnson, who has been underused this season, accounting for only 42 receptions for 874 yards. The Broncos also have a 1-2 punch at HB, with LeSean McCoy and Roy Helu splitting carries on a 2:1 basis. Between them they have accounting for 1800 yards and 17 touchdowns.

On defense, there is a complete contrast. The Jets have been absolutely phenomenal in shutting teams down this season, as they have given up just 2800 yards in total offense, which is an average of just 175 yards a game!! The Jets gave up less than 1000 yards rushing this season which is a great stat and it shows that the Broncos will need to air it out to win this game. However, the Jets do have ballhawks on their defense as they have 33 INTs in the regular season, which averages two interceptions a game. However, the Broncos defense is a lot more middle of the field, as they have given up 4000 yards this season. They've given up more than double the amount of rushing yards as the Jets(2400) but have actually given up less passing yards (1600).

Verdict

For the Broncos to win this game, they can't committ any turnovers. In the meeting earlier this season, the Jets defense choked the Broncos and the Jets won 31-21, even though the Broncos committed no turnovers. The Broncos will need to not turnover the ball again, but they will need to score more on offense, as 21 points will not be enough against Aaron Rodgers and his high flying Jets. I think the Jets will win this, but I don't think they will win it like they have been doing this season(passing). I believe Frank Gore and CJ Spiller will have a big day and run for over a combined 200 yards, as the Broncos don't look like they can stop the run.

Verdict: New York Jets 38-21 Denver Broncos

Advertisement