Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Conference Play Offs - *Monday-Friday*

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

New 25mb Internet. Get in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Broncos 7 @ 38 Jets

Q1 Broncos go 3 and out. Jets move the ball well only for Ridley to fumble at the Denver 13 and Wilson take it back 72 yards. BUT challenge overturned the ruling and Gore punched it home for the TD. Broncos moved the ball well next drive but with a poor kicker had to try a 4th and 2 at the Jets 33 which failed.

Q2 However on the first play of the quarter Wilson jumped the pass for a pick and TE Moeaki made a superb catch for the 3 yard TD to tie the scores. The Broncos stopped the Jets and had momentum only for the whole game to change on one play. A pass to McCoy was ruled to be a lateral, he fumbled and MLB Ray Maluga picked it up and ran it back for the score. The next Broncos drive stalled and the Jets added a FG before the half to lead 17-10

Q3 The Jets made the most of their possessions scoring TD's through the air with an 11 yard pass to Heyward-Bay and on the ground with long 63 yard run from Frank Gore. Broncos who were struggling to get any running game going did nothing with their possessions.

Q4 Ridley added another TD on a 33 yard run to end the scoring.

Daflood had absolutely no luck in this game. The 72 yard return overturned and the pass ruled a lateral and fumbled was huge. Game could have been completely different had those decisions gone Denver's way.

Great chatting, a fantastic first season for you, best of luck in the draft.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Unlucky Daflood, from next season I propose berty has a 2 Td handicap!

Berty do the AFC proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Thanks for that review Berty. I was unfortunate a couple of times when the scores were close at the start, with the fumble return being ruled out, the incomplete pass being ruled a lateral (correctly as it was backwards) and then returned for a TD to make it 14-7 and that 4th and 2 I had to go for. 1: a real kicker can hit 50 yards and 2 I actually caught the pass, but I was holding y so hard the player jumped and went out of bounds.

BUT, i still didn't score a point for the rest of the game!! Until I get myself some run defense and can earn some hard yards on the ground, I wont be able to compete at this level.

I really enjoyed the game and despite the score i was actually happy enough with how I played....

I played both guys in the SB this year and they are both QUALITY! Best of luck to both of you!!

I am looking forward to the draft and progressions of my rookies!! :cool:

Advertisement