Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever won anything?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Never really won any money, just €25 a few times on scratch cards.

Won a giant jar of pear drops in a 'guess the amount of sweets in the jar' competition when I was about 9 - have never touched a pear drop since, if I ever saw another one it'd be too soon:p.

Won a waterproof walkman in secondary school, think i was entered in a prize draw for joining the school bank or something like that. It was pretty cool; you could have it laid at the bottom of a bathtub full of water and it would work perfectly.

Have won tickets to the cinema on 4fm a few times.

Won a t-shirt at Drag Queen bingo at Electric Picnic (Don't ask!! lol)

Also, I won a weekend away in a B+B in Co Clare here on Boards last year. It included dinner in a restaurant and free passes to Bunratty Castle + folk park. I gave it to my parents as my Dad had recently had a kidney transplant and they deserved the break more than I did. It was the first weekend away they had had in more than 5years, and was definitely the favourite thing I'v won!!

Hopefully I'll win the lotto soon......:cool:

Every time I see this thread title I want to reply "no, nobody anywhere has ever won anything in the history of the universe"

On a personal note, no, I don't generally win things except a couple euro on a scratch card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

mikeym wrote: »
    Won tickets to The Hardy Bucks when they were in Cork not so long ago :)

What's the story with all the prizes in cork?? Like is Cork tourist board responsible for this??

(FYI, I hate Cork men. Totally justified too.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 love.lola

won an all ireland final in basketball when i was 15.. ended up on the front page of the local newspaper cryin like a baby, the mother has it in a frame in the sitting room... morto...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Won 200 quid today in a soccer league at work! Go on the magpies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I regularly (as in every few weeks) win €80 on the Lotto's 5-4-3-2-1 game betting €2.00 on 2 numbers from the 6 number game - just Lotto, no Plus 1 or Plus 2.

I used to do 3 numbers from the 7 number game which offered a higher payout, but never won anything because even though I'd get 2 numbers up, the 3rd would always fail to materialise for me.

Betting 2 numbers on the 7 number game gives a lower payout than betting 2 on the 6 number game.

Hope this is of benefit to some of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Used to clean up in art comps as a kid- I won the Texico competition when I was 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Put a fiver on sky bet to get the tenner free. Played Blackjack sticking to a cheatsheet and lost the lot within an hour. The best I was on was £18 (up £3)

• Advertisement
Advertisement