Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks & Spencers NCI

Options
  • 23-04-2012 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Does anyone know what size this m&s is?
    I live over the bridge in Irishtown.
    I am stone broke and when I used to live in London I would go into M&S near closing time and get some good deals.. (judge me if you will)

Just wondering do they have closing time discounts there?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

gavsmith wrote: »
    Does anyone know what size this m&s is?
    I live over the bridge in Irishtown.
    I am stone broke and when I used to live in London I would go into M&S near closing time and get some good deals.. (judge me if you will)

Just wondering do they have closing time discounts there?

Cheers

It's quite a small m +s. it has one long fridge running down the centre of it with stuff either side and about 3-4 small fridges when you walk in. There's kind of an alcove then with sundries, wine, household goods etc.

I've never really seen closing time discounts in there but then again I'm not in there all that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

As lizt said its pretty small, not sure about closing time discounts but the many times that i have been in the have some items marked down with the yellow stickers. The items that are close to their sell by date. Also the sandwiches are generally reduced. Might be worth venturing over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I shop there quite often. I've been there at closing time a lot, and have not been able to bag a discount on anything that I'd want to buy for dinner. They close at 8.30. The things that do go on expiry date sale are sandwiches and salads and tubs of pasta salad. Great for lunch the next day, but not for dinners imo.

M&S are much more expensive than other supermarkets. If you have a Tesco or Supervalu near you, you'd be better off shopping there. I go there for the Dine in For Two meal deals which I think I a fabulous deal. They usually run Thur-Sun, but they are often extended until Mon or Tue if they don't sell them all by Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

When I worked in Dunnes a few years back we were told to mark down all the cooked deli stuff and the bakery stuff aswell about 45 mins from closing time.Used to pick up a whole cooked chicken for under €1 for my dinner,not sure if they still do the same nowadays but if there's a store near you it's worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Most Tescos do closing time deals these days or "Recession Shelf" as it's also known. There are usually a few of them scattered around each of the larger stores, e.g. Fruit & Veg, Chiller Aisle, Frozen Food, Snacks, Drinks. I've seen these in Artane, Claire Hall, Clearwater and Swinford so they're probably in all the large stores at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

Was in the local tesco one night looking for something for dinner and staff were wheeling out a bin/trolley of reduced stock. They were being followed by people to the spot where they eventually brought the trolley to rest and then the vultures leapt into the trolley for the best bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I've seen stuff marked down in this M&S but only on Sunday and not a great deal of stuff either.

More often then not because this store is so small they often sell out before they get a chance to mark down.

Advertisement