Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will you tell your grandchildren about these times ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

I'll tell them about the introduction of the smart phone and the whole "living on line thing" that people were into at the time. Tweeting pictures of your breakfast, that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 itchbee

to PADDY and SAM..all info regarding the rising, civil war etc,,is now open to the public, because all persons directly linked to the events have passed away , this was why they were kept inder lock and key for so long, so none involved could be held responsible for their actions from back them , if you ctc the military bureau in Cathal Brugha , you can arrange to go in and look through all notes taken from witnesses to the events , i ve been studying this era of our history for many years and am in ctc with both the irish and british armies , as i will eventually write about from both sides i hope , but the info held there is amazing,,, and if you have the relatives names,,dont see why you cant find info on them farily quick if they ever gave statemants

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Thedogsgone

Dear Grandchild,

An awful lot happended but I wasnt involved because I was too busy complaining about the state of the world on the internet.

Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

probably tell them about when germany tried to take over europe for the third time sparking another war. WWIII a war of economics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

- Wait until I tell you about the internet
    - Granda, what's an internet.

It could happen with how fast things are moving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

First it was the ozone layer
    Then it was global warming
    Now it's climate change
    Next decade it will be something else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

How hard it was deciding what device to use to go on the net, how we had feck all money but hey it was grand, how keyboard warriors were rampant, how copy and paste were staples in studying for exams, Joe Duffy was god incarnate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

how (i was born in 1945) except for a few very hard, but exciting times as a child....i have lived in a world of plenty........

and at this time, there is still plenety.......stop listening to all the moaners, they just want more and more.......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I'll tell them my net take home pay was higher than it had ever been and I was also the happiest I had ever been. Life was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I'll just make some nonsense up and tell them that.

Kids are remarkably stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Just tell them about the good old days when I had a job! :D

Advertisement