Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Shower - Water Usage

Options
  • 23-04-2012 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

I need to install a 2nd shower - this one will be in the main bathroom. I already have an electric shower in an ensuite, so i assume i will go with a power shower and work with the hot water thats in the tank.

So anyone recommed a good option here? I looked up a few and the Triton AS2000XT seemed like the type i am after, but it did say it used 14L per minute ! With the recent water charges been announced, is 14L per min typical for a power shower - or are there greener alternative which wont use a lake everytime someone wants a shower ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

damoz wrote: »
    I need to install a 2nd shower - this one will be in the main bathroom. I already have an electric shower in an ensuite, so i assume i will go with a power shower and work with the hot water thats in the tank.

So anyone recommed a good option here? I looked up a few and the Triton AS2000XT seemed like the type i am after, but it did say it used 14L per minute ! With the recent water charges been announced, is 14L per min typical for a power shower - or are there greener alternative which wont use a lake everytime someone wants a shower ?

14L per minute would be the max flow rate for that. You can turn it down to match the electric one. You might like the higher flow rate though.

Electric ones are more limited, because they heat the water as it flows over the element, so if the litres per minute was increased above optimum, the water would be too cool (thats how the temp dial works, varies the flow). Thats why in the summer the flow rate will be higher on electric ones, as the water is warmer in the attic tank before the electric shower heats it.

Where as the power shower uses pre heated water, so can have much higher flow rates, but the flow rate can be turned down. (Temp dial on these mixes in more or less cold water)

Advertisement