Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issues with nod32 and peerblock

Options
  • 23-04-2012 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

So been on this now a few weeks and no issues bar the usual ones! Well until I installed nod32 antivirus and also peerblock yesterday and started noticing issues.

1. EA keeps kicking me from the server before game starts. this seems to be a peerblock issue as when it is disabled it works fine. I haven't had a full look at the settings yet so i'm sure there is an easy fix (like clicking the button to allow HTTP not just HTTPS which was annoying till i figured it out) but wanted to ask here if anyone had the same issue or found a fix?

2. Nod32 is making things work weird on my battlelog. When selecting server i have to refresh the page to change settings and apply filters. I was also getting pop ups saying that there was a connection issue (can't remember the exact term) but when i added the IP to the trusted zone it started working better but not prefect. Does anyone again have a fix?

At the minute my only solution to both of these is to disable protection for a few hours.

maybe nobody else has these issues but maybe yous have or had something similer at least!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I use microsoft security essentials and it it keeps everything fine for me on both PCs here,no need for anything else imo.
    Only other protection is the odd scan with spybot S&D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

also using MSE here and no problems. i used to use both nod32 and peerblock in my paranoid days, but tbh peerblock's pretty redundant now, and nod32 occasionally got some random errors so i went to MSE and havent looked back.

Advertisement