Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in apartment complex

Options
  • 23-04-2012 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Rant alert …

I live in an apartment complex that has allocated parking … However, there’s only about 60% occupancy so there’s plenty of “spare” parking. A few people are moving in at the moment so those who are moving in are parking in the spaces nearer the door as they’re unpacking. My spot is one of those close to the door so when I came home yesterday there was a transit van in it. Now rather than getting all snotty about it, I just parked in a different spot cause there was LOADS !!! These people are going to be my neighbors and it’s nice to be nice !!

So I come out this morning and there’s a car parked blocking the spot I’m parked in and a note on my windscreen. The note said “this spot is not for visitor parking – DO NOT park here again. Your reg is being reported”. I managed to get out to get to work by driving over the grass verge. But I was fuming !!! Now I get that I’m in someone else’s spot – but it was ONCE !! If it was happing all the time, a simple “this is reserved parking, please do not park in this spot” would be sufficient. Also, if there was no other parking spots, I’d understand the tone of the note but there were plenty. I also think that blocking in cars is dangerous – what if I needed to get out in an emergency and couldn’t have driven over the curb ??

Anyway, that’s my rant … Am I right to think this person is a bit OTT ?? I’d welcome your views.

Thanks
    A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

That's happened me once or twice, I've always left a note on my windscreen apologising and explaining that my space had been taken and giving contact details in case they wanted me to move my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Rant alert …
    Now I get that I’m in someone else’s spot – but it was ONCE !! If it was happing all the time, a simple “this is reserved parking, please do not park in this spot” would be sufficient.

It might have been once that you took their spot but maybe it is constantly happening to this person and they have become frustrated by it. I wouldn't agree with blocking someone in but I know myself how frustrating it is when someone takes your parking spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Two wrongs dont make a right. If someone parks in my space Id be fuming but I wouldnt stick my car in someone elses space just because mine is taken.

That said, the person who blocked you in was OTT. A note asking you not to do it again would have been sufficient, especially the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

I get the frustration and that 2 wrongs don't make a right but I just think that this persons reaction was a bit much. And actually, when I thought about it, the spot I took was that of a person who only moved in only 3 weeks ago and who when they were moving in were parking in my spot too !!!
    Anyway, this person lives directly above me so i don't want to get off on the wrong foot so i might but a little "polite" note in their letterbox this evening explaining the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

I wouldn't bother if I was you, as you said they taught nothing to park in your place but are aggressive in their note when you do it once. They should be raising their issues with the management agent/company. Are the spaces numbered, their behaviour and for this reason alone we did not number the spaces in our developent when we eventually marked parking spaces out even though the original site maps shows them numbered, we have normally less than 40% of spaces in the car park filled but the moment a number goes on people become uber possessive to the stage we have been approached by people who don't drive or even own a car demanding their space be numbered and kept free so they can utilise it so they how choose to.

Should note that spaces are not in the leases for units.

• Advertisement
Advertisement