Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden Forum Beers

Options
  • 23-04-2012 10:07am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi lads, have spoken to a few people on this already and wanted to get some thoughts on beers.
    It'll be in Dublin though as the majority or people live here.

Sometime in June has been mooted as the best date due to exams etc for all those students :p

But if we can have some chat here i can stick up some dates and we can do a poll.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Sounds like a plan ! Id say the 2nd or 3rd weekend in June would be a good one ? I'd say a Friday/Saturday night would be best. Have to consider the people from other counties coming up for the event.

So I'd say either the weekend of 13th/14th or 21/22nd ?

Where to gather such an array of nerds ? mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sounds like a plan ! Id say the 2nd or 3rd weekend in June would be a good one ? I'd say a Friday/Saturday night would be best. Have to consider the people from other counties coming up for the event.

So I'd say either the weekend of 13th/14th or 21/22nd ?

Where to gather such an array of nerds ? mmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Wollshed isnt an option :pac:

Somewhere central without loud music anyway so we can actually chat.... then to Coppers for the country lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

What about 17th july.....after the Springsteen gig?!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

madalig12 wrote: »
    What about 17th july.....after the Springsteen gig?!!

Surely you country folk can make more than the obligatory 8th December trip up :)

Also its a little far away..

We can probably do one around the time Madden 13 is coming out aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

The Wollshed isnt an option :pac:

Somewhere central without loud music anyway so we can actually chat.... then to Coppers for the country lads!

Is tha the place people go to get the shift?

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »

Yep, it's like a regular village cattle mart with plenty of heifers and bulls!
    Jesus if my mayo GF sees me bad mouthing coppers i'll be shot :D

Yep, it's like a regular village cattle mart with plenty of heifers and bulls!
    Jesus if my mayo GF sees me bad mouthing coppers i'll be shot :D

Just as long a her and the dublin girlfriend never meet its grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Whats the 8th of december got to do with anything? Its down to dublin from here....cos the **** flows down ;-)

madalig12 wrote: »
    Whats the 8th of december got to do with anything? Its down to dublin from here....cos the **** flows down ;-)

Sure donegal is like Cork, detach it from the rest of the country and the average IQ goes up by quite a bit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Sure Donegal is like Cork, detach it from the rest of the country and the average IQ (in Donegal) goes up by quite a bit :pac:

clarified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

empacher wrote: »

Any man who can't pull in Coppers should just chop it off! :pac:

I'd say the 1st or 2nd week of june, volvo ocean race is the last week in june. I know ofr me the first two weeks are quietest with students going home/j1 and the LC's studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Luis Rapid Paprika

Sure donegal is like Cork, detach it from the rest of the country and the average IQ goes up by quite a bit :pac:

hoooooooooold on a second what has cork ever done to you

ah dubs cant live with them cant li............... never mind cant live with them:D

http://www.doodle.com/s5b7stt8y44sf9mquki6xekz/admin#table

Alright looks like we have had some discussion on it, Lets go with these dates and see what numbers we get.

http://www.doodle.com/s5b7stt8y44sf9mquki6xekz/admin#table

Alright looks like we have had some discussion on it, Lets go with these dates and see what numbers we get.

bumping this as i'll need to book work off in the next week or so. Also the Doodle poll is a bit bare

Looking like Friday June 15th is the option for this.

Lads any preferences on a venue?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Looking like Friday June 15th is the option for this.

Lads any preferences on a venue?

Are we still doing this next Friday yeah?

Where suits everyone? Somewhere in city centre presumably...

adrian522 wrote: »
    Are we still doing this next Friday yeah?

Where suits everyone? Somewhere in city centre presumably...

I think we're going to have a skeleton crew!
    I'd suggest putting it back a week... and seeing if we can get some more and, i'll stick an announcement at the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I think we're going to have a skeleton crew!
    I'd suggest putting it back a week... and seeing if we can get some more and, i'll stick an announcement at the top of the page.

I'm not available next weekend but if it were put back a week as suggested I'd try make it out for a bit (might be a little late as I usually play basketball till 9 on Fridays).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Should wewait till people come back from the euros?

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Should wewait till people come back from the euros?

Sunday week it is so :D

Right lads Friday week - June 22nd (so this day 2 weeks) I'll stick up an announcement.

We'll kick of the beers @ 20:30 GMT.

Suggestions on a venue?
    Going on a random train of thought..

Baggot Inn (Baggot Street)
    Bleeding Horse (Camden Street)
    Doyles (College Green)
    Cassidys (Camden Street)
    O'Donoghues (off grafton Street)

Beers are next week.. Any thoughts on a venue??

Beers are next week.. Any thoughts on a venue??

I'd be happy with any of those venues, bleeding horse or cassidy's are handiest for me but I'd go to any of them.

Bleeding horse wouldn't be the worst, music doesn't kick in til 10ish.. Ryan's on Camden street would be a good choice open til late and just a bar, not expensive either.

So there's myself Dave and Adrian... Don't be shy lads:D

news on the grapevine is that the Falcons , Giants, Eagles and Buc's are going.

Lions ? Packers ? : No GM present for this event ?

Sadly anywhere we go the bouncer probably wont let Berty in because he sooooo OLD ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

I'll be able to go for a bit, but can't stay long in work at 10 that night

Have PM'd McG aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Dunno if I will be going, having a wisdom tooth out the day before, so dunno if I will be a)allowed to drink, b) be in any mood to go out

Advertisement