Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft Time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

They are an issue but imo less of an issue than people depending on you to make 1st and 2nd round picks.

They are the exact same issue.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Not really, if you aren't around The trades you've received jut affect you. However if you aren't around the trades you've given affect however many people you've don't trade deals with

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone think trading draft picks should just be scrapped for our next season? Seems to cause nothing but hardship and confusion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think they are fine aslong as you understand the risk. I wasn't going to trade my 2nd round pick but i know I'll be around for the next couple of weeks and not away with work. If I didn't know that I wouldn't have traded as I also have EA issues so can't do the draft there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

matthew8 wrote: »
    They are the exact same issue.

Its not. If you own say an Eagles pick, you just tell them who to pick. It doesnt matter if you're there or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone think trading draft picks should just be scrapped for our next season? Seems to cause nothing but hardship and confusion.

It works but I can certainly see an issue if someone doesn't show up on draft night

We've never had an issue of a draft pick been messed up but it's bound to happen at some stage

Even last draft when there seemed to be two different xbox live parties going on. I didn't like that at all
    Surely there has to be a better way and get everybody together?

The issues are the exact same guys, if you've traded picks to guys that means they are relying on you to make the pick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Even last draft when there seemed to be two different xbox live parties going on. I didn't like that at all

Unfortunately you can only have 8 in a party online. So that's how we had two different parties.

I think I can get someone else to do the pick. As for the Titans and my pick, if there's a RT/RG with 80 plus in all blocking stats, not including the stats named run blocking and pass blocking as I don't think they do anything, pick them. If not take the best MLB, if not then pick someone who isn't a LE, QB, WR or RB.

• Advertisement

And remember folks you need your roster down to 49 before the draft or a pretty random selection of players will be cut into FA so don't go crying if it happens, you've been warned!

Now just need to wait for the decent Olinemen to be cut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Lads,

Can someone who's gone through the draft process before ( I assume there are a few out there ;) ) put together a sort of guide please for rookies like myself on how the whole process works. Clearing up things such as:

- how long do you get to make a pick in each round
    - what happens if time runs out.
    - where can you draft from: XBL, EA, LM, other acronyms, etc
    - do you need to be in a party or is that just for the craic
    - what happens if you can't make it
    - do you need to sign rookies
    - the draft order: is it a surprise in the night or does someone have the official order... Am I pick 16 or 17 please ;)
    - anything else relevant to the draft

If anyone can do this it'd be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!!

ibmax wrote: »
    - how long do you get to make a pick in each round - Generally 60 seconds for rounds 1 and 2, then we reduce it. The CPU picks in 3 seconds.
    - what happens if time runs out. - Highest rated player is picked unless you have a draft board, then its your highest rated selection.

- where can you draft from: XBL, EA, LM, other acronyms, etc - EA site and XBL. You cannot draft on LM
    - do you need to be in a party or is that just for the craic - in a party if you have traded picks and for the craic!
    - what happens if you can't make it - Not much if you havent traded picks. Set up your draft board.
    - do you need to sign rookies - yes, you need to ssign 7 players. They are all rookies.
    - the draft order: is it a surprise in the night or does someone have the official order... Am I pick 16 or 17 please ;) Check your standings, someone will probably do the order.
    - anything else relevant to the draft - dont think so...

Santry/Berty are old pro's but i think my answers should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

- how long do you get to make a pick in each round - Generally 60 seconds for rounds 1 and 2, then we reduce it. The CPU picks in 3 seconds.
    - what happens if time runs out. - Highest rated player is picked unless you have a draft board, then its your highest rated selection.

- where can you draft from: XBL, EA, LM, other acronyms, etc - EA site and XBL. You cannot draft on LM
    - do you need to be in a party or is that just for the craic - in a party if you have traded picks and for the craic!
    - what happens if you can't make it - Not much if you havent traded picks. Set up your draft board.
    - do you need to sign rookies - yes, you need to ssign 7 players. They are all rookies.
    - the draft order: is it a surprise in the night or does someone have the official order... Am I pick 16 or 17 please ;) Check your standings, someone will probably do the order.

Cheers Heli. That pretty much clears things up :)

Where can you set up your draft board???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Cheers Heli. That pretty much clears things up :)

Where can you set up your draft board???
    b
    Xbl post superbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Just to let everybody know...I think I have found this years draft list. This site gives lists up to 2020 and looking at the 2012 list, it looks the same as the draft just gone? I see a few of my players on that list anyway. So I think on this website we are the 2013 draft?

Anyway here's the link.

http://www.e-athlete.net/page/index.html/_/madden-12-draft-classes/2013-draft-dyjuan-dozier-r11

Lukebray wrote: »
    Just to let everybody know...I think I have found this years draft list. This site gives lists up to 2020 and looking at the 2012 list, it looks the same as the draft just gone? I see a few of my players on that list anyway. So I think on this website we are the 2013 draft?

Anyway here's the link.

http://www.e-athlete.net/page/index.html/_/madden-12-draft-classes/2013-draft-dyjuan-dozier-r11

A few nice players there based on OVR rating who will be nice additions for my roster. Hopefully one of them falls to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Aya Flat Plastic

A few nice players there based on OVR rating who will be nice additions for my roster. Hopefully one of them falls to me.

thanks looks like im picking up a nice player

From a quick look around those draft classes it seems each of the draft classes have 25 players ranked in the 80's.

From a quick look around those draft classes it seems each of the draft classes have 25 players ranked in the 80's.

Woohoo!

Quite a few decent players there.

the IG draft was pretty poor tbh, after the first round there didnt seem to be a whole lot

• Advertisement

Lots of decent RTs in this draft. Hopefully I can find one with all the requisite skills. Judging by the poll the draft should be held Wednesday, fingers crossed for me it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

mikemac1 wrote: »
    It works but I can certainly see an issue if someone doesn't show up on draft night

We've never had an issue of a draft pick been messed up but it's bound to happen at some stage

We could set up a chat room on the net? Or exchange skypes/gmail with people you have trades with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Raoul wrote: »
    We could set up a chat room on the net? Or exchange skypes/gmail with people you have trades with?

Yeah a chat room would be a great idea.

Banter in the XBL party was good craic last year, but awkward enough to move between them if trades with different people.
    Could be an issue for the draft-pick trading maniacs like the Rams and Raiders this year

Well we can have both xbl parties and a chat room. Or else, before joining xbl parties we could organise who had to be in what xbl parties for trades.

I realise there is a chat room for the draft on xbl but for myself anyway, I don't have a keyboard for the xbox and it takes me forever to type something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

As long as myself and the raiders end up in the same one I dont mind. Id check before we start but i think if we dont go into parties we can chat to each other on the main draft page.

Just had a look at mine:

Human Games: Packers, Bears, Lions, Cardinals, 49ers, Rams, Falcons, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Bucanneers, Seahawks

CPU Games: Saints, Steelers, Panthers, Vikings.

****ing hell :eek:

Just had a look at mine:

Human Games: Packers, Bears, Lions, Cardinals, 49ers, Rams, Falcons, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Bucanneers, Seahawks

May want to revise your aims for next season :)

I wouldnt worry Paully you did yourself proud this season, there'll be a lot of teams there worried about playing you aswell.

Just had a look at mine:

That is a very tough schedule. Playing all of NFC North (the toughest division in the franchise). Good luck! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

will we be playing the 2012 schedule, which we should have been doing in the season ending now? Or the 2013 schedule as that's the actual season we're about to start?

• Advertisement

I think we are doing the 2012 season as we did 2011 twice. I am not 100% sure.

Advertisement