Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conveyancing on Buy-to-Let Property

Options
  • 23-04-2012 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm being told that Banks (AIB in this specific case) now assign their own solicitors for BuytoLet properties to complete the conveyancing and the purchaser (me) doesn't need to get their own solicitor.

Could this be true? Advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Buy2Let wrote: »
    I'm being told that Banks (AIB in this specific case) now assign their own solicitors for BuytoLet properties to complete the conveyancing and the purchaser (me) doesn't need to get their own solicitor.

Yep, that's true. AIB look for a 3 way closing on a buy-to-let purchase, the vendors solicitor and purchasers solicitor handle all the documentation and then it's sent to the banks solicitors to oversee closing and ensure all is in order. It was brought in due to rogue solicitors arranging multiple loans on the same property. The client pays their own solicitors fees and at the moment the bank are absorbing the cost of their solicitor although this may change..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Buy2Let

killers1 wrote: »
    Yep, that's true. AIB look for a 3 way closing on a buy-to-let purchase, the vendors solicitor and purchasers solicitor handle all the documentation and then it's sent to the banks solicitors to oversee closing and ensure all is in order. It was brought in due to rogue solicitors arranging multiple loans on the same property. The client pays their own solicitors fees and at the moment the bank are absorbing the cost of their solicitor although this may change..

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if its just AIB that are following this new process or all banks??

It would appear to be a good idea for the bank and assuming I'm not being asked to pick up the tab, sounds acceptable. Does it add additional time to the closing process?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if its just AIB that are following this new process or all banks??

It would appear to be a good idea for the bank and assuming I'm not being asked to pick up the tab, sounds acceptable. Does it add additional time to the closing process?

Seems to be just AIB at the minute. Shouldn't really add any more time onto the process. If the closing date is set for the 10th of the month it just means the vendors and your solicitor get everything to the bank's solicitor in time to close on the agreed date.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

You still have to get your own solicitor. It may also cost more because there will be extra work, dealing with the banks solicitor.

Advertisement