Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyranha Inazone 232

• 23-04-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all,

Last week i picked up a lovely inazone 232 on the second hand market :D. With regards to the kayak I am delighted with the condition of it. I am trying to get back into paddling after a good few years break. Most previous paddling was on lakes/flatwater in big simple old kayaks.

The reason I purchased the inazone was that i have for a long time fancied getting into rivers and light whitewater. I also intend a bit of messing on lakes. I took the inazone out yesterday for the first time on a small local lake. I didn't realise just how tail happy this boat would be. I found it very hard to track in a straight line and to be very giddy. I am well within the recommended paddler height and weight.

Could anyone advise me is it my paddling i have to work on or boat set up eg seating position etc weight distribution blah blah.

I do intend to join my local club to hone my skills.

I understand this is primarily a whitewater kayak however I would like to be more confident that i could control it better in flatwater before taking the plunge. I know practice will also be key but any suggestions would be welcome.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Where are you based Niall ?

If this is your first playboat then you're going to be a while getting used to it but use it often enough and it'll be no time at all.

It will be tail happy and lively in even flat water but you'll adjust to that in no time. My suggestion is join a club and use the low levels to your advantage in getting used to her.

As for set up, What way have you it at the moment? You should be comftable but there's always going to be a level of "tightness" in a boat like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

I had an inazone 242 - they are very tail happy! Great fun!
    dont compare with current play boats. too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭niall_walsh

Thanks lads for the prompt reply. I know practice will be key. I am delighted with my purchase and i will take advantage of low level water from now on to get the hang of it.

Thanks Again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 paddler1974

first off great boat and will do everything you want except go straight or fast :D

on set up place the boat on a round piece of wood a shovel handle or similiar and sit in the boat. Move the wood under the boat untill the boat is balanced when you are sitting in it. You want the boat to react when you lean forward or back. this will tell you where the balance point is. move the seat if required to adjust the balance point you want to be sitting on the piece of wood balancing when sitting in your paddle position and the boat reacts when you move your body wait.
    enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭niall_walsh

Thanks Paddler,

That seems like a great tip. I'll try that before I take it out again.

MugMugs....sorry overlooked your question yeaterday. I am based in Cavan.

Also to anyone that has used this boat before.........The footrest. No matter where I place it i can't seem to get my feet in a comfortable position. Would it be a big No No to take it out. I'm no BIGFOOT size 8 feet but seem awkward against footplate even barefoot. Should feet be pointed out towards side of boat or straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

MugMugs....sorry overlooked your question yeaterday. I am based in Cavan.

Variant on where in Cavan you are, I am with Dundalk Kayak Club (DKC) and we will be running our annual Intro to Kayaking. You're welcome to join up with us for either this or just general membership if you fancy paddling with other playboaters / seeking advice etc....

PM me if interested :)

Advertisement