Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headache from reading

Options
  • 23-04-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. If I'm reading for more than half an hour say I get a kind of tight pain behind my eyes. Any idea how to remedy this or do I need glasses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sounds like eye strain to me. Try reading with better lighting.

It's best not to seek medical advice online, though. If you're concerned, go to your GP or an optician.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Sounds like eye strain to me. Try reading with better lighting.

It's best not to seek medical advice online, though. If you're concerned, go to your GP or an optician.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not really trying to seek medical advice. I'll mention it to my gp next time I'm there but I doubt I'll be goin especially. Just wondering if anyone gets the same thing.

It happens in all lighting.. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Get your eyes tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Happens to me too, I usually have to sleep it off, its always worse I find if I am reading a small screen like an Iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If you are reading a book and find this happening then it's probably best to check you have adequate lighting and mention it to your G.P. If you're reading off a screen then it's probably time to start printing whatever you're reading or get an E-reader. Some people can't handle the refresh rate of screens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Try a bit of coloured film if noting else works.

Advertisement