Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Express lodgement Machines

Options
  • 23-04-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭

Are all the banks switching away from express lodgment boxes to machines? I regualrly lodge company money into bank of Ireland branches but have noticed in two of the branches that the boxes on the wall are gone and a machine like an atm is now in place for express lodgments. The machine is in now way express or handy for the customer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭applehunter

I've said the same thing to my bank too.

Girl I was speaking with said they might get another machine so.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

I've said the same thing to my bank too.

Girl I was speaking with said they might get another machine so.:rolleyes:

still not as quick as dropping an envelope in a chute. I can have lodgments of a few thousand at a time and a machine just drags time on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Aib and boi seem to be going down this route.

Your screwed if you've no ATM card, which a lot of business, company accounts don't have.

Not a great move. Can see the point from a business point of view but they are a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They're definitely convenient if you're lodging a cheque as the machine scans the OCR characters at the bottom of the cheque and along with the swipe of your ATM card, it competely eliminates the requirement to fill in a form and ensures that the money goes to the correct account. You also get a receipt with an image of the cheque you just lodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Looks like they are all going down this route. It's a choice of queuing for up to 20mins or use the machines in a few mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I don't have a lot of transactions where I physically lodge money but the ones I do have I need to be able to track where they come from - I need to put a narrative on them - until the banks allow this I won't use those machines.

How hard can it be, there is already an option of a narrative if you lodge at the counter - why not put a qwerty keyboard on the machine. Idiots in the R&D dept of the bank I suppose

Advertisement