Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV & Internet in Timber Mill Apartments, Artane

Options
  • 23-04-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭

I'm moving into an apartment in Timber Mills and wondering what's the deal with internet & tv in the apartments?

The landlord doesn't seem to know and I haven't managed to get any contact information for the management company.

Edit: UPC have already told me they don't don't have service to these apartments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Ring UPC and give them the address and they should be able to tell you what services they can offer in the complex. Check the neighbours also and see if they have dishes put up; generally they are forbidden in apartment complexes but not always, so that might give you another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

djimi wrote: »
    Ring UPC and give them the address and they should be able to tell you what services they can offer in the complex. Check the neighbours also and see if they have dishes put up; generally they are forbidden in apartment complexes but not always, so that might give you another option.

Thanks, have already rang upc - no service (pity, I'm already a upc customer).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Finally got the property management co. details http://www.falcondale.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Balloonboy

Hey hows it going..

Communal dishes are up on the roof, you can get a dish from SKY (it will have to be requested by your landlord as slight building work might be needed - drilling concrete etc) put into your garden/wall if you have one.

However, if you have had an account with SKY before, you can transfer the address from your previous account, and use it with the communal dish?

Only problem with this option is that the communal dish only has one "Input" or "Connection" that goes into your SKY box. This will affect you if you require multi room or SKY +, as these boxes need two "Input or "Connections" to work properly....

But if your not bothered about recording stuf or using SKY + then the latter is a good option.

You can of course use a SKY + box with just one "Input", the only problem is if you record something, you either have to watch that channel while it records, or stop the recording to enable you to change channels..

UPC arent in the area, they say that they require a certain amount of calls or interest from residents before they will consider setting up cable...

Personally, I think your better off with SKY anyway, and also, they are launching Broadband fairly soon in southern Ireland and apparently the word on the street is that it will be free 10mb if you have a package which is higher than the standard...

Hope all this makes sense and helps? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement