Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for Freeview Installation

Options
  • 23-04-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Anyone here had Freeview installed recently? Looking to ditch Sky and wondering what the going rate is locally for getting Freeview setup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

DerryRed wrote: »
    Anyone here had Freeview installed recently? Looking to ditch Sky and wondering what the going rate is locally for getting Freeview setup.
    Can you just use your Sky box and dish which should be already picking up the free satellite channels? All you need do is remove your Sky card and turn the box off and on again. The only issue is that you will not have the Irish channels on it so you will need a Saorview box.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Can you just use your Sky box and dish which should be already picking up the free satellite channels? All you need do is remove your Sky card and turn the box off and on again. The only issue is that you will not have the Irish channels on it so you will need a Saorview box.

So if I take my card out I should continue to get BBC, C4, E4 etc? Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

DerryRed wrote: »

So if I take my card out I should continue to get BBC, C4, E4 etc? Is that correct?
    That's it Derryred it will come up with BBC1 on 101, BBC2 on 102 etc. You can do it anytime you like.

Advertisement