Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How low has the house prices gone now??

Options
  • 23-04-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I have heard mixed reports that houses are down between 55-65% since peak in the Dublin area. I understand that prices vary in places ie.Portmarnock as opposed to Ballymun! (Nothing against anyone living in these areas) I am interested in a house in the Dublin 15 area and know how much it was in the peak and would like to make an educated offer(whether they take it or not is another thing!) Unfortunately i did not get a chance to read the Irish Times supplement at the start of the year on areas drops, if anyone would know what Dublin 15 was?
    Also how much has it dropped in the first quarter of the year? I heard January was the largest fall to date 4.6% or something like that but i have not seen anything about it since?
    I have also read somewhere that the price of a house should be calculated by finding out how much the house would rent for in one year.Then the house offer should be calculated by multiplying this by between 12-15 years of the rental market! Both make sense to me but this house would not be rented and would be my first house that id expect to live in for the foreseeable future?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

I have heard mixed reports that houses are down between 55-65% since peak in the Dublin area. I understand that prices vary in places ie.Portmarnock as opposed to Ballymun! (Nothing against anyone living in these areas) I am interested in a house in the Dublin 15 area and know how much it was in the peak and would like to make an educated offer(whether they take it or not is another thing!) Unfortunately i did not get a chance to read the Irish Times supplement at the start of the year on areas drops, if anyone would know what Dublin 15 was?
    Also how much has it dropped in the first quarter of the year? I heard January was the largest fall to date 4.6% or something like that but i have not seen anything about it since?
    I have also read somewhere that the price of a house should be calculated by finding out how much the house would rent for in one year.Then the house offer should be calculated by multiplying this by between 12-15 years of the rental market! Both make sense to me but this house would not be rented and would be my first house that id expect to live in for the foreseeable future?

Thanks in advance

As far as i've noticed in D15(castleknock, laurel lodge, carpenterstown) houses are selling at anywhere between 10-17% off asking price all depending on condition and willingness of EA to negotiate.

Advertisement