Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quoted post "link"

Options
  • 23-04-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

I think a link to an origional post, by placing the pointer over a "highlighted" quotation would be a very usefull feature. This would make it easy to find a quoted post's full text, instead of just the "selectively quoted" section of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Slick50 wrote: »
    I think a link to an origional post, by placing the pointer over a "highlighted" quotation would be a very usefull feature. This would make it easy to find a quoted post's full text, instead of just the "selectively quoted" section of it.

Not much we can do to stop people doing selective quotes, but if they leave in the first part of the quote

ie. like below without the dot.
    [.QUOTE=Slick50;78284084]

it places an image beside the quote

viewpost.gif which links to the original post in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Not much we can do to stop people doing selective quotes, but if they leave in the first part of the quote

ie. like below without the dot.
    [.QUOTE=Slick50;78284084]

it places an image beside the quote

viewpost.gif which links to the original post in question.

Thanks, I hadn't realised that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement