Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to fix cosmetic damage to brickwork

• 23-04-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

The guy that owned the house before me placed a hand painted tile outside the front door. I removed it at the weekend with the intension of covering up the spot with a post box.

201762.JPG

The box does not fully cover the same area, so some of the adhesive that he used is visible in white, attached pic.

201763.JPG

Does anyone know of any dye/ masonry paint that I could get to cover it up? I know that something exists, when getting the wall cavities pumped with insulation those guys used some kind of dye to cover up the holes they drilled when fixed.

Any idea what I need and where I could buy it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Have you tried a wire brush on it? it just looks like there's some adhesive still on the brick work... are the bricks themselves damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Have you tried a wire brush on it? it just looks like there's some adhesive still on the brick work... are the bricks themselves damaged?

No (well actually one was but it is now behind the post box) just finding it very difficult to remove the last bit of adhesive so I was going to paint it.
    Will give that a shot, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

No (well actually one was but it is now behind the post box) just finding it very difficult to remove the last bit of adhesive so I was going to paint it.
    Will give that a shot, thanks.

Yea god knows what he stuck it on with. You could even get one of them wire brush attachments for the drill, but i'd say a normal one would remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

a wire brush can scrap the brick. Use santrax. its a brick cleaner. paint it on raw. it will react with the adhesive and break the bond. make sure to wash the excess acid off the wall quickly after. you can buy it by the litre in any hardware.

Advertisement