Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed exam!!!!!

Options
  • 23-04-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, my flight home from England yesterday was postponed until today so I missed my anatomy and physiology exam!!!! :( I text my co-ordinator explaining my situation and she said she would talk to my tutor and see if I can sit it later on in the week and then she would text me back. I need to sit this exam as it is mandatory. I was just wondering would it be possible for me to sit it later this week or is it the case if you miss it you miss it. Still haven't heard back from my co-ordinator so I was just wondering what the story is!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

pambc1 wrote: »
    Hi, my flight home from England yesterday was postponed until today so I missed my anatomy and physiology exam!!!! :( I text my co-ordinator explaining my situation and she said she would talk to my tutor and see if I can sit it later on in the week and then she would text me back. I need to sit this exam as it is mandatory. I was just wondering would it be possible for me to sit it later this week or is it the case if you miss it you miss it. Still haven't heard back from my co-ordinator so I was just wondering what the story is!!

Flight postponed, or did you postpone your travelling home?

If the former... why was it postponed?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Can you provide evidence that your flight was postponed e.g. did you get an e-mail or some other communication?

The more evidence you have the better in supporting your request.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pambc1

vard wrote: »
    Flight postponed, or did you postpone your travelling home?

If the former... why was it postponed?

the flight was delayed as there was a problem with the airplane...not exactly sure what though :/

Bicycle wrote: »
    Can you provide evidence that your flight was postponed e.g. did you get an e-mail or some other communication?

The more evidence you have the better in supporting your request.

no i don't have any evidence as it was delayed while I was at the airport so i didn't get any written verification. basically I was sitting in the airport all night waiting for the flight to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Get a letter from the airline stating that you were a passenger on the plane, the plane was delayed due to technical or other circumstances beyond your control.

You need to be proactive about this. This will most likely to (but not guaranteed to be) considered extenuating circumstances by your college, but its up to you to provide the evidence to support your claim for extenuating circumstances.

However some tutors might argue that flights are regularly delayed and that you should have been back home less than 24 hours before the exam started. And that you are ultimately responsible for the situation you find yourself in.

If you are to be allowed sit the exam again, either the repeat must be used or the tutor will have to set another examination. If the repeat is to be used, the tutor needs to know that nobody will be sitting the repeat examination.

Its not just as simple as giving you the same exam as everyone else sat.

There is also the issue of when internal authentication takes place and when the external authenticator will be visiting the college and how long the tutor has to correct the assessments.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info but she got back to me and I'm sitting the exam tomorrow so I'd say she will use the repeat paper for me! I'm so relieved :)

Advertisement