Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anpost: NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS

Options
  • 23-04-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I was waiting for the delivery of a package Monday morning on April 23rd and checking the current track and trace information on the Anpost website.

I checked at approximately 08:30 am and the item showed "ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER" The information showed an attempted delivery "NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS" when I checked it again at 09:15 am so I rang customer services. Customer services told me there was an attempted delivery at 08:15 am. I explained that my wife and I were home and awake and it was impossible that anyone could have rang. She said she spoke with the depot manager who arranged a redelivery.

At approximately 11.30 an Anpost deliveryman arrived and rang the buzzer to delivery my parcel. After a brief discussion, he explained that there was NO delivery attempt made at 08:15 and there must have been some computer glitch. I called to explain the situation to customer services and after I explained the situation to the woman she answered "what do you want me to do about it" which I did not find to be a very appropriate answer. I asked her to document what has happened because it has happened at least 5 times before at this address. I feel it is important that I document this problem as it is incredibly frustrating to rely on important parcels being delivered by Anpost only to receive consistent failed delivery attempts forcing me to collect the parcel at the depot.

When I am expecting a parcel to be delivered my entire day revolves around making sure that I will be able to hear the buzzer. I have In this day and age of computer based tracking I do not believe that there was a computer glitch that would falsify an attempted delivery. It would be more likely for the postman to falsify the delivery.

Just wanted to throw this up on boards to see if anyone is still having problems with Anpost like this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Happened to me LOADS of times. Incredibly annoying, why should I have to pay €3 to get it re-delivered when some can't-be-arsed postman just won't deliver it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 pappe

It happened also to me a lot of times. On this week specific case I have bought an item through Arnott’s (http://www.arnotts.ie) online service. Surprisingly enough Arnott’s is using the highly inefficient service of AnPost to deliver their products (what a shame). Basically what happened to me was that postman didn’t bother to ring the bell, because he forgot the gate code to get access to my estate. Basically without code he should have walk through pedestrian entrance and ring the bell that was 5 meters away, but that was too much effort for him, so he brought the item to the depot and he sent me a letter from the depot “Sorry we missed you”. I sent a complaint to Arnott’s asking for a refund (as nobody rang the bell at all) and they started an investigation on what happened, and it is thanks to them if I could push for a second attempt delivery. Before Arnott’s investigation I was told from AnPost customer care that driver made an attempt and it was in their policy that AnPost don’t do any second attempt so that I needed to go to the depot to recollect the item myself. Which for me it means taking 1 hour from work, taking 2 luas and queuing at the post office. All this because the post man didn’t want to bother to walk 5 meters to ring the bell. How the AnPost driver justified it...he said that he could not park safely his van, however there is plenty of parking space at my gate (5mt away from the ringbell) which is safe, it does not obstruct the passage etc.

My suggestion? Boycott all companies which is using AnPost for deliveries...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 chris.o

There is a new show called the consumer show on RTE. I am sending them a mail asking them to investigate.

It would love to see the show do an investigation!

http://www.rte.ie/tv/theconsumershow/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm quite the opposite. I select companies who use An Post because couriers can't be bothered looking for rural houses with a single parcel. I have only praise for the service we get from An Post and a postman who goes out of his way to give a tremendous service. Horses for course? Or can we not tar all people in all professions with the one brush?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is a zombie thread, closing.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 pappe

I have bought an item through Arnott’s (http://www.arnotts.ie) online service. Surprisingly enough Arnott’s is using the highly inefficient service of AnPost http://www.anpost.ie to deliver their products (what a shame).
    I knew since the beginning that something was going wrong as I had plenty of bad experiences with AnPost (90% failures on deliveries approximately, also in my previous addresses) and poor customer service too. In this instance the postman didn’t bother to ring the bell, because he forgot the gate code to get access to my estate (all postmen are in possession of gate code of the complex). Basically without code he should have walked through the pedestrian entrance (which is constantly open, day and night) and he should have walked not more than 5 meters to ring the bell, but that was too much effort for him, so he brought the item to the depot instead (without ringing and without posting the letter “Sorry, We missed You!” by hand), and he sent me this letter from the depot instead … “Sorry we missed you”. I called straight away the AnPost customer service department (2 time, same answer) and as an answer I was told that either I needed to go and recollect the item from the depot (which is very far from where I live and from where I work as well, for me it means taking 1 hour permission from work, taking 2 luas and queuing at the post office, bringing an heavy items back home by taking 2 luas and walking a long while…all because the post man didn’t want to bother to walk 5 meters to ring the bell) or, after 5 working days, the item would be returned to Arnott’s. I insisted that I was at home in this instance, that gates were open as usual and that nobody rang my bell but the answer was the same as in their system they had “NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS”. I sent a complaint to Arnott’s asking for a refund (because delivery failed) and they started an investigation on what happened, and it is thanks to them if I could push for a second attempt delivery (probably because Arnott’s is the best AnPost customer?!). How the AnPost driver justified it...he said that he could not park safely his van…however there is plenty of parking space at my gate where even massive trucks can fit (5mt away from the ringbell) which is both safe parking and it does not obstruct the passage at all.

My suggestion? Boycott all companies which are using AnPost for deliveries. In this way AnPost will need to improve their services if they want to survive.
    I am sure that more people are experiencing serious issues with AnPost, what about sharing them and making them available to everyone through http://www.rte.ie/tv/theconsumershow/?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement