Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG wins, some explain something please

Options
  • 23-04-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

How do you win at wsg if you both horde and ally only make a single cap?

What are the factors that make a win?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Last cap wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

They really need to rethink the honor system and promote better team play.

People faffing in middle get rewarded more than flag carriers, healers and defense its a total joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Last cap wins.

Was that a patch change?

Pretty sure it used to be first cap wins for a deadlocked situation, I do remember raging with teams packing their flag room defending.
    Casual BG player here btw so it could have always been last cap and I didn't realise it and was raging for nothing :)

But yeah the honor system is really messed up. Casual BGs are full of either AFK people leeching, HK camping in the mid or PVE gear players bored and trying to blow stuff up. I do fall in the latter category from time to time but have done enough BGs properly specced and geared to realise casual BGs are a waste of time. Last time they were decent was TBC, used to love organising premades where tactics actually mattered. I never bothered with rated BGs though from a time constraint, I'm sure it might address some of the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

What.. is.. this thread....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

It is the last cap that wins in a deadlock in WSG.

Hard to pinpoint how honour is doled out sometimes. I was playing on a lower character yesterday, managed to get 5 or 6 flag returns with very few killing blows but still came out with nearly the most honour gained.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd see that as a good thing though. Nothing worse then the idiots sitting in the middle getting all the honour, when you actually helped your team to win by getting a good amount of flag returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

If both teams have not captured a single flag, and both teams are deadlocked with niether being able to get thier flag back - its the side who last picked up the flag that wins in WSG.

A large part of honour is picked up by honourable kills (apart from killing blows). Next time your in a bg of any kind, check the players with top honour, they always have high amount of HK's.

The problem with bg's these days is the amount of bots (people using third party programs to effectively have their toons on auto pilot), WSG & twin peaks are particulary nasty if you have alot of bots on your team, which ally seem to have alot of in my battle grp. Being farmed at your spawn is no fun. I especially detest the twin peaks bg, maybe its the time i play at (late night), but ive yet to farm horde at thier spawn point in TP.
    I generally now bail and take deserter when i get the TP's bg and log on a diff alt and join a new bg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

They really have to do something soon about all the botters, it's getting ridiculous at this stage. Same as above, I play mostly late at night and find the BG's ruined by botters. Can see a whole botter train at times, one has the other on follow etc., they can't all be hacked accounts. It's almost as if it's become an accepted norm in Wow, either you join in and bot yourself, or you just live with it as Blizzard seem to be doing very little at all about it.

Advertisement