Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36 Captaincy poll

• 23-04-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

There are lots of players who look good options this week even if there is no standout option among the double gameweek players.

Tempted by Siggy myself.

Who's the best option 84 votes

Jelavic
    0% 0 votes
    Pienaar
    17% 15 votes
    Dempsey
    2% 2 votes
    Van Persie
    5% 5 votes
    Rooney
    2% 2 votes
    Aguero
    1% 1 vote
    Tevez
    0% 0 votes
    Sigurdsson
    0% 0 votes
    Ben Arfa
    1% 1 vote
    Cisse
    1% 1 vote
    Suarez
    40% 34 votes
    Lampard
    4% 4 votes
    Mata
    0% 0 votes
    Drogba
    3% 3 votes
    VDV
    0% 0 votes
    Bale
    9% 8 votes
    Adebayor
    9% 8 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's on Cisse by default but may revise once I complete my transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Cisse, hard to make a convincing argument for anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Rafael van der Vaart, he's going to tear Blackburn right apart, he's Dutch and he packs quite the punch, he's going to save Harry and carry Tottenham , I know that much, woo, go Van der Vaart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Rafael van der Vaart, he's going to tear Blackburn right apart, he's Dutch and he packs quite the punch, he's going to save Harry and carry Tottenham , I know that much, woo, go Van der Vaart.

If I didn't have Bale, I'd get Van Der Vaart. He could do some damage but using a transfer that way seems very sideways and their form doesn't inspire confidence in a double up so I won't get him. Would really like to have him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If I didn't have Bale, I'd get Van Der Vaart. He could do some damage but using a transfer that way seems very sideways and their form doesn't inspire confidence in a double up so I won't get him. Would really like to have him though.

If I hadn't already had him from a few weeks ago, I'd have been very cautious myself, considering their performance against QPR, but in saying that, he had chances in that game, more so than Bale if I remember, although not marginally more, and I think they really will go all games ablazing for the Blackburn game.
    I just think Bolton and Blackburn are two fixtures that are hard to resist.

If the bust up between Redknapp and the players is true, then it could mean two things:

1) Adebayor will not be playing, if events as have been reported are correct, meaning Van De Vaart might be put in a more attacking role, considering the lack of lustre from Defoe and Saha in recent weeks

2) The team will play on in spite of Harry, and give it their all... game against Blackburn will be the judge of that

It's a risk, but one which I am willing to take.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think I'll be avoiding Spurs players, they're in worse form than Liverpool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mr Moon wrote: »

They'll finish the season on a high :) Newcastle will tail off, losing their last 3 games I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

If Spurs had any form I'd give it to Bale, but it's on Cisse right now

Jelavic's fixtures sure look tasty though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Hey now, thats going too far

Hey now, thats going too far

in fairness I think any game spurs had 30 shots they got at least a goal out of it

Liverpool=barndoor syndrome

Though if next year they introduce points for hitting the woodwork I'll have 3 Liverpool players in my team from start til last!! edit: just found out from opta Joe they've hit it 30 times this season!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I really hope Liverpool continue on their bad run, they don't deserve to finish in the top half this year. They're only 2 points above the bottom half as it stands and realistically could finish as low as 14th.

Also, I think BAE should be on the poll, he got 48 points for those that gambled on him last double GW and Spurs definitely have the best fixtures. Weighing up the the options, whats more likely - Cisse scoring 2 goals against Wigan + Chelsea or BAE keeping clean sheets against Blackburn and Bolton, or 1 CS and 1 assist. I think it's pretty close.

Spurs are playing Blackburn and Bolton. Come ON. There has to be goals for them regardless of their form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Cisse is a very obvious option here but its those who will gamble on the right midfielder this week who will hit it big!

Dempsey's got tough fixtures but he has enormous potential to get a massive score with the armband on him!

BArfa and Cabaye could be good choices too!

Decisions... decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »

Also, I think BAE should be on the poll, he got 48 points for those that gambled on him last double GW and Spurs definitely have the best fixtures. Weighing up the the options, whats more likely - Cisse scoring 2 goals against Wigan + Chelsea or BAE keeping clean sheets against Blackburn and Bolton, or 1 CS and 1 assist. I think it's pretty close.

BAE gone so that option is off the table.Jelavic is on a hot streak & Moyes won't let Everton sit back on their laurels.Cisse is a goal machine and can't be overlooked especially with Ba,Ben Arfa & Cabaye supplying the ammo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭pah

RvP all day long :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Maxi:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Maxi:eek:

He'll probably only play 1 game and hardly anyone has him so I didn't think it was worth putting him in the poll. Could be a glorious punt for someone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

really unsure about cisse's fixtures tbh. 2 away games to form teams. if only spurs had some form bale would be nailed on for captaincy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Going to chance Bale meself, even though as mentioned above they aint in great form. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm gambling. Not picking Cisse as captain...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

had it on jelly all week but now im thinking vdv

if it works out itll be a monster week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Adebayer to score a few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

have 7 double gameweekers in the team, but think Dempsey is gonna be the pick of the bunch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Shawcross, 2 home games against Arsenal and Everton, or BenArfa, away to Wigen and Chelsea.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Out of 8 double GW players, only other who has a look in is Bale, and he has not exactly inspired me lately.

Cisse or Dempsey... I can't decide. Cisse seems the obvious choice, but will everyone pick him?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Dempsey wrote: »
    Cisse, hard to make a convincing argument for anyone else.

Newcastles fixtures are much harder. Chelsea are fighting for 4th Terry and Ivanovic is also back for their game , Wigan fighting to stay up. For example Evertons fixtures are much easier Fulham/Stoke not fighting for anything therefore Jelavic.

Am I the only one to think this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Usually form is everything which would suggest Jelavic or Cisse as captain but I'm going for Bale.

Blackburn concede more than 2 goals per game and Bolton have NINE midfielders listed as injured, or at 50% or less chance of playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Brought RVdV in to be captain, worried that Bale could be playing full-back with BAE missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cisse or Dempsey... I can't decide. Cisse seems the obvious choice, but will everyone pick him?

thats the other reason i went dempsey - everyone and their mother has cisse captained around me, so dempsey for the differential and hopefully he scores 8 goals and I make up loads of ground:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Feck it. Dempsey.

:D

This will propably come back to bite me with Shawcross getting cleansheets and assists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement