Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography fieldwork help??& can I use last years?

• 23-04-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

The project is due in this week the 27th.
    We only started doing our project the beginning of April.
    The teacher only received the booklets last Thursday we're quite behind.
    The written rough work was mainly started last week.
    Title is "Study the relationship between economic activity and traffic flow in a local area. "

The teacher hasn't really explained or even checked anyones work or just quickly looks over . No one really knows what they're doing. He's not really helping anyone. I don't know why he chose the 2 weeks during the orals to get this done.

We looked at two areas in the local area one for the high economic activity then the other for the low economic activity (I think) people were watching traffic. We looked at a road which just has mainly houses for the land development an then a shopping centre and had the measure through our steps.
    An we also did a questionaire.
    I'm not too sure what to write I have an basic idea . What would I need to include. I'm thinking I need to compare both areas. Would I need to go into detail on both or could I say we did the same in the other area??

Or would I be able to use my last years geography investigation but instead of comparing the river in the upper and lower . I'd just use one of the results? I have the good version before the final written up . All I'd need to do is not compare it using only one of the results? an use this title "A study of one landform evident on the Irish landscape formed by geomorphic processes." using the river I did last year?? My friend who's also repeating did the river investigation and said it's the same as last year but you just use one result.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No, you can't use last year's field study, if it has already been submitted for assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

spurious wrote: »
    No, you can't use last year's field study, if it has already been submitted for assessment.

It wouldn't be exactly the same I'd just be using half of the results either the upper or the lower then rewording it so it wouldn't be compared and just based on the one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It wouldn't be exactly the same I'd just be using half of the results either the upper or the lower then rewording it so it wouldn't be compared and just based on the one.

Your teacher has to sign a document saying it was done under his/her supervision by your class. Will yours be different to everyone else's?

I wouldn't chance it. The SEC rules are quite clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

spurious wrote: »
    Your teacher has to sign a document saying it was done under his/her supervision by your class. Will yours be different to everyone else's?

I wouldn't chance it. The SEC rules are quite clear.

Yeah it would be different. I don't know if I'll be allowed it was just a thought if I was able to as I'd know what I'm doing. I'll just try hard with this project as much as I can there's just not too much to write and it's based on two classes work.

Advertisement