Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Release dates

Options
  • 23-04-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys, I’m trying to get back into reading regular comics and have been looking on the marvel site for release dates and I was just wondering if they are the same dates in Ireland or are the ones on their page just for the states? Also are the prices the same?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Technically they are, though you'll need to find a retailer who has an account with Diamond (the distributor for most US comics).

If you want to get an idea of what's coming out in a given week, you can check out Previews - look for "New Releases" and you'll see a page with everything listed for a given week.

As for pricing - you'll likely be paying more than just the Euro-exchange of the cover price to account for things like shipping. It varies from shop to shop, and can also depend on whether you've got a standing order (eg some shops will give you a discount if you're ordering at least X monthly comics).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Hunter.S

Thanks Fysh that link is handy.
    I’m guessing it would work out at about 5 euro per book would I be right?
    Would it be cheaper to buy online and is so how fast would you get comics?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

it would depend on where you uy the books.the big bang and dublin city comics offer dollar to euro prices,forbidden planet usually charger 3.75 euro for 2.99 dollar price but they are dollar to euro on dc's new 52 books.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Hunter.S

Ye I heard Dublin city comics are pretty good pulse they are like 5 minutes from my flat, will be going there on pay day :)

Advertisement