Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Despair' over home for kids.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

4 kids, 3 bed house, plenty of room. Plus, while in such a terrible living condition, she's decided to have another kid.
    Amazing too how adhd its so much more prevalent in low income areas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

She says her kids were at risk from Carbon Monoxide poisoning for 18 months. What responsible parent would stay in the house if this was the case ?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Two boys in one room. I assume two girls in the other (guessing from the age gap of the boys).

Could she not keep the baby in her room?

Anyway, first world problems..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I grew up in a 2 bed house. I'm one of 11 kids. We ALL shared a single room.
    What planet is this sponger on??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I grew up the eldest of 8, in a 2 bedroomed house!
    At one stage 5 of us shared a bedroom that was subsequently divided to allow boys room/Girls room.
    This is a total non-issue, if you have 'space constraints' stop having kids....
    Or buy a bigger home, rather than wait for the state to fund 1 for you!
    And if you can't afford the 'space' you feel you need.....
    THEN DON'T HAVE MORE KID'S

Indeed if circumstances are that bad, would it not be more prudent to practice better contraception rather than act like you have some kind of 'entitlement' due to a big family?
    Or depend on the council to give you a bigger home?

If big families = automatic entitlement to big Council funded houses.....
    An awful lot of my neighbours on the corporation estate I grew up on are owed mansions!!!
    Including my Ma!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Sick of these people ...go get a job pay a mortgage like the rest of us and when your struggling you wont get no help whatsoever from any1.

My parents brought 5 of us up in 3 rooms one which was sub divided for my only sister and we all got on just fine. If some1 gave me a free house for a low rental like all council tenants Id be more than grateful....

Time for people to start living in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

you know what words can't describe what I think of this! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

could we not just give her five nama houses? shure, its the only fair thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think people like this need a rude awakening. They somehow believe that the council is there first and foremost to provide them an existence, the welfare system to pay for their everyday means and the health service to cure all their woes.

I know a girl whom has a 2 bed house and had one child. She had another child and said openly "I will get the council to give me another house when I have the child, sure they couldn't expect me to live in a house not fit for the size of my family"

*SHAKES HER SHOULDERS(In my mind)

GET YOUR OWN HOUSE OR STOP HAVING CHILDREN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I think people like this need a rude awakening. They somehow believe that the council is there first and foremost to provide them an existence, the welfare system to pay for their everyday means and the health service to cure all their woes.

I know a girl whom has a 2 bed house and had one child. She had another child and said openly "I will get the council to give me another house when I have the child, sure they couldn't expect me to live in a house not fit for the size of my family"

*SHAKES HER SHOULDERS(In my mind)

GET YOUR OWN HOUSE OR STOP HAVING CHILDREN

100% correct. This is scourge on our society and is the source of 99% of our anti social behavior problems and drinking culture. It is also a key player in the cause of our massive unsustainability.

These poeple live in a bubble and honestly believe that it is their god given right to a free ride. They have invested nothing in society and therefore care nothing for it. They are untouchable in their minds, and all those "snobs" who fund their existance are just "stuck up"....

My estate is full of them ,and my my!They can afford to party all weekend long and keep everyone else up till all hours with their noise and techno sh!te music. They continue to pump out future criminals.

Thankfully , it's only a matter of time before their bubble bursts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hang on a minute Cisco I want to distance myself from your comments.

I'm not saying this person does not contribute to society. She does but she hasn't been able to shake the dependency on the state or the council. I don't know why but it must be because her mother is a council tenant along with 90% of her immediate family.

She did come into money a few years back and the room fell silent when I had the cheek to say

"That's handy, you can put a deposit on a house"
    "Why, I have a house already"
    "Yes but you're not going to live in a council house forever"
    "Why not?"

Best left it at that was my thoughts on the matter.

Now her kids are great and I doubt they will be trouble. Why? Because she is a good person and will bring them up with the best intentions. There certainly is a minority out there in council estates that are the opposite and will take take and take and take some of your stuff as well but that's a deviation from the original point of the thread and article really.

I lived in a council estate for a few years and I wouldn't cast any aspersions on anybody living in one without knowing the person and I back that up because my original comment referred to somebody I specifically know.

I'm just constantly annoyed by the horrible downward spiral people allow themselves to be caught up in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Hang on a minute Cisco I want to distance myself from your comments.

I'm not saying this person does not contribute to society. She does but she hasn't been able to shake the dependency on the state or the council. I don't know why but it must be because her mother is a council tenant along with 90% of her immediate family.

She did come into money a few years back and the room fell silent when I had the cheek to say

"That's handy, you can put a deposit on a house"
    "Why, I have a house already"
    "Yes but you're not going to live in a council house forever"
    "Why not?"

Best left it at that was my thoughts on the matter.

Now her kids are great and I doubt they will be trouble. Why? Because she is a good person and will bring them up with the best intentions. There certainly is a minority out there in council estates that are the opposite and will take take and take and take some of your stuff as well but that's a deviation from the original point of the thread and article really.

I lived in a council estate for a few years and I wouldn't cast any aspersions on anybody living in one without knowing the person and I back that up because my original comment referred to somebody I specifically know.

I'm just constantly annoyed by the horrible downward spiral people allow themselves to be caught up in.

Yeah I over reacted and went off on one there.

I am from the council estates of Dublins Northside and I still am, There are lots and lots of great decent people here of course, but it's the ones that take the p!ss out of the system that is there for the benifit of the poor that really just gets my blood boiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Never heard of bunk beds then :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

eh, stop having kids? fcuking hell did personal responsibility go into recession in this country as well? stop breeding and expecting other people to pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

She says her kids were at risk from Carbon Monoxide poisoning for 18 months. What responsible parent would stay in the house if this was the case ?

Wonder if that's why "Daddy" moved out :rolleyes:

How nice to see that Mayor Jimbo will give her 90 minutes of his valuable time to discuss her shocking dilemma. Perhaps a visit to the local family planning clinic can also be arranged before she flies off on her holiday (according to her Facebook page).

And it says a lot about the "Limerick Leader" that they can find no reason to criticise these Entitlements Junkies, but rather facilitate their constant whining for more, more, more from the ever brow-beaten tax and ratepayers. Keep having those kids love....the mugs love paying for your fun.

No wonder the Entitlements crowd love to chant "you're paying for it" at every given opportunity.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Reminds me of a little poem I read, Which of course no way describes that woman.

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

'Attic conversion', 'Extension' springs to mind if things are that bad. Foresake the holiday and contribute to a renovation to the property.

Who does this person think she? Cracks me well up. I think her publicity stunt will backfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    . I think her publicity stunt will backfire.

Judging by the comments on here and the Limerick Leader site, it looks like it already has backfired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The lady whom is the centre of this article will be on Niall Boylans Late Show on 4FM later, should be interesting when the call in starts.
    A show with herself and Killiney 2 would be a very interesting show ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

There were 4 of us in one room growing up, it taught us to put our stuff away before someone robbed your socks, but did me no harm, nor did it any harm to the vast majority of people I know that shared rooms growing up. First world woes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

The fact that she's been campaigning for a bigger house since long before the 18 month old came along makes her look even more selfish.
    Is there a link to the Facebook campaign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Mmmmmm first thought that pop'd into my head was:
    Illogical-Jeremy-Kyle-get-a-job-and-put-something-on-the-end-of-it.jpg

If she's looking for sympathy it can be found in the dictionary
    between the words **** and Syphilis.

Bah Humbug
    ~B

Less PC over on AH
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056615823

she's on 4FM right now, hilarity will ensue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

krudler wrote: »
    she's on 4FM right now, hilarity will ensue

How did that go then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Contrast, I went for a pint tonight and met a friend, married with 3 children, a mortgage and all the trimmings, who was made redundant four weeks ago, the good news, he got a job, ecstatic, unfortunately the new job will entail a 200Km daily commute, possibly a couple of over nights, oh, and, as they only have one car, he needs to buy a second car with all the attendant costs, but hey, it's what you do, right, contribute to society, pay your way, we were joined by one of his former colleagues who has not found employment yet, and feels embarrassed that he is now drawing welfare, welfare that after many years paying for, he is more than entitled to, but hey, he also foolishly feels he has to contribute to society, right, it is what you do.

Then we have this useless piece of lowlife, a rabbit factory, with an entitlement culture as part of her DNA, well, **** You lady, and **** the jockey, who ****ed you, and landed the rest of us with the bill.
    Family Planning Clinic?, she should be sterilised, Limerick Family Planning Clinic has battled long and hard to promote responsible parenthood, it has had to deal over the years with religious prejudice, ignorance and bigotry, hell, a member of a Religious Order could rape a schoolchild, but he could'nt use a condom, because his Order made sure they were not available in this country.

I know the "Journalist" who wrote this story, and, will contact him tomorrow, and ask him to explain himself, I will also be asking for a meeting with the ****wit "Editor" of the Limerick Leader, who seems to think that his mission in life is to drag this city into the gutter.

Citizens of Limerick, those of you that pick up the tab, time to stand up and be counted, enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

ninty9er wrote: »
    How did that go then?

she went on with how she's "entitled" to a bigger house, and that the Council has lots money that is hiding from people like her, and this money should be used to make people like her happy, because, you know, it's Council job to make her happy, like, you know, she's entitled to

this and shouting at everyone who ring the station and putting words into their mouths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

jbkenn wrote: »
    I know the "Journalist" who wrote this story, and, will contact him tomorrow, and ask him to explain himself, I will also be asking for a meeting with the ****wit "Editor" of the Limerick Leader, who seems to think that his mission in life is to drag this city into the gutter.

Why do you have a problem with the paper for publishing the story? Yes, it's a one-sided interview, but I don't think the article ever set out to do anything else, and it has provoked debate and focus on the issue, which is a good thing, surely?

listened to it last night, she didn herself no favours by just being agressive and shouting down anyone who challenged her. its just the I want I want culture these days. she makes nearly twice as much as I do a year from handouts and entitlements and I'm working full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

These poeple live in a bubble and honestly believe that it is their god given right to a free ride.

Unfortuantely, its the riding that appears to be causing all the problems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah yes, the social welfare generation, alive and well. It's the whole social welfare system that needs to be overhauled. This country can no longer afford to be bled dry by these leaches of society who think they can eek through life at the expense of the State.

Of course this will not happen, we can already see this in that they are exempt from the likes of the household and pending water charges while the tax payer has to pick up the bill as usual.

Advertisement