Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Despair' over home for kids.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

You read it :mad:, you sigh :( and your shoulders sag.

What a country we live in.

People should have to apply for a licence to have chilldren. There is a forum on under the post on the Leader website where she says she can barely afford to go on holidays this year. These people really need a realiy check. Its ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I said it before a dude i know used to work with the housing scheme with the council. People would flat out turn down houses because they didn't like kitchen or the shower wasn't big enough, etc etc. He even told me some stories where they said tough take the house or leave it. within the next few days before the people moved in the house would be mysteriously broken into and the kitchen or some other room would be trashed and the councill would need to set up a new kitchen\room before the people moved in. This happens on a regular basis according to him.

There was another story of a guy who got a council house, basically stripped it out got new doors, windows, did up the rooms, he spent at least 20-25k on doing up the house. Ok fair play he paid for it himself but if you can afford to splash 25K on doors and furniture why are you getting a council house.

This stuff boils my blood and don't even get me started on the unemployment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

A room for every child? As long as she has such a healthy sense of entitlement and such a healthy uterus I'd say they'd just better give her the Two Mile Inn....

- Right now somewhere in Limerick there's a Community Welfare Officer on 100K+ p.a. busily signing off on an array of random 'binifits' to this type of agenda so people with a career PPS no. can live Hollywood lifestyles no longer affordable to the PAYE worker.

People who actually work never get to see their own 2/3 kids as they're off paying a mortgage and paying the creche and paying the newest invented tax by another name dreamed up by our idiot Government so the Dutch Gold generation can either sit in Santa Ponsa or sit outside HMV.

P.S. Fair play to her for flying out to China to pester Jim Long though all the same.

P.P.S. From her Twitter page - 'Expecting' how apt.....

app_full_proxy.php.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Any link to her on 4fm or Spin South West Talk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Raiser wrote: »
    A room for every child? As long as she has such a healthy sense of entitlement and such a healthy uterus I'd say they'd just better give her the Two Mile Inn....

- Right now somewhere in Limerick there's a Community Welfare Officer on 100K+ p.a. busily signing off on an array of random 'binifits' to this type of agenda so people with a career PPS no. can live Hollywood lifestyles no longer affordable to the PAYE worker.

People who actually work never get to see their own 2/3 kids as they're off paying a mortgage and paying the creche and paying the newest invented tax by another name dreamed up by our idiot Government so the Dutch Gold generation can either sit in Santa Ponsa or sit outside HMV.

P.S. Fair play to her for flying out to China to pester Jim Long though all the same.

P.P.S. From her Twitter page - 'Expecting' how apt.....

app_full_proxy.php.jpg

1001 Baby names eh? She'll be looking for a gaff the size of Hogwarts next the deadbeat waste of space. Where do these people come from? Are they just raised to be parasites or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

How will she afford her midwife/nursing course in UL? :mad:

My friend had to go to London to do her nursing course because she couldn't get in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Never heard of bunk beds then :confused:

for the parents I hope....... might stop them breeding more kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

EMTFlynn wrote: »

My friend had to go to London to do her nursing course because she couldn't get in here!

If you are going back to college as a mature student, you can apply to the City/County Council for a grant that will fund you to do the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

EMTFlynn wrote: »

Honestly, so long as she does the course and is trying to better herself I couldn't care less if she gets back to education allowance and her fees paid, at least that shows cause and some effort at establishing a career and providing for her kids.

However, it still doesn't entitle her to a bigger house at the taxpayers expense.

My aunt took offence when I said that the 10 of them were raised in a 2 bed house. She said there were 3 bedrooms, the 3rd just doubled as a parlour/hallway during the day. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-in-despair-over-home-for-kids-1-3764536
    I see that after making an absolute balls of their attempts to moderate the comments on the article, that the Leader seems to have decided to cut its losses and remove the article!

Cached version here in case anyone missed it.
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KqsxUpHx790J:www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-in-despair-over-home-for-kids-1-3764536+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Another guy on the radio this morning who has 8 kids, and who says that the likes of him should receive special treatment when it comes to housing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

He needs special treatment alright and it involves a shears instead of a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Had the misfortune to be in a premises this morning that play Limerick95 eff'em - water dripping torture probably isn't having the desired effect on the workforce.

Anyway, I digress, heard this "Joe" presenter egging on support for Ms. Corbett, playing phone-ins of sympathetic callers to her "plight" non-stop and asking for more while making spurious claims regarding ADHD. Then he began interviewing this other character (mentioned above) who wants us to fork out for a new home his 8 kids, last I heard before getting out for air was this latest claim merchant telling the listeners that he had been picketing City Hall in an "alluminus yella jacket" since St. Patricks Day and would stay there until he got his new house. Beats working I guess.

That show presenter sounded like a cheerleader for the entitlements culture, not once questioning him as regards how he was funding himself or his 8 sprogs for the past 5 weeks of picketing, even if we all knew who was paying for him during his "protest" I'd have liked to hear at least one acknowledgement for the forgotten taxpayer.

Hardly "available for work" either by the sounds of it, was he? Doesn't that break the dole rules?

europa11 wrote: »
    Had the misfortune to be in a premises this morning that play Limerick95 eff'em - water dripping torture probably isn't having the desired effect on the workforce.

Anyway, I digress, heard this "Joe" presenter egging on support for Ms. Corbett, playing phone-ins of sympathetic callers to her "plight" non-stop and asking for more while making spurious claims regarding ADHD. Then he began interviewing this other character (mentioned above) who wants us to fork out for a new home his 8 kids, last I heard before getting out for air was this latest claim merchant telling the listeners that he had been picketing City Hall in an "alluminus yella jacket" since St. Patricks Day and would stay there until he got his new house. Beats working I guess.

That show presenter sounded like a cheerleader for the entitlements culture, not once questioning him as regards how he was funding himself or his 8 sprogs for the past 5 weeks of picketing, even if we all knew who was paying for him during his "protest" I'd have liked to hear at least one acknowledgement for the forgotten taxpayer.

Hardly "available for work" either by the sounds of it, was he? Doesn't that break the dole rules?

It seems to break the dole rules

If you are out of work as a result of a strike (if, for example, you have been laid off), you are however in a different position. You may qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit if you are "not participating in or directly interested in the trade dispute which caused the stoppage at work". - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_benefit.html

europa11 wrote: »

That is actually a good point. One of the guys who was protesting against household charge had a few days dole stopped because he was protesting outside the Dail whilst on the dole. A few of the papers ran the story a few weeks back. Basically the logic behind he getting his dole docked was that if he (the unemployed man) had the time to protest, then he should have been using that time to job seek and was not available for potential work due to him being at a protest.

The flip side of that would be that if that rule was followed, then no umemployed person could do anything during office hours other than job search as they would be breaking the rules if they did their weekly shopping etc as technically they were not available to worl whilst doing the shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    ninty9er wrote: »
    How did that go then?

she went on with how she's "entitled" to a bigger house, and that the Council has lots money that is hiding from people like her, and this money should be used to make people like her happy, because, you know, it's Council job to make her happy, like, you know, she's entitled to

this and shouting at everyone who ring the station and putting words into their mouths

Maybe the council are hiding the money cause they're sick to death if handing it over to the likes of her. People who think they're entitled to have everything paid for without lifting a finger to help themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Never heard of bunk beds then :confused:

Dam my two sons went into bunk beds yesterday. Maybe i should be hounding the council for a 4 bed house. I'll swap them my 3 bed privately owned one.

Kess73 wrote: »
    That is actually a good point. One of the guys who was protesting against household charge had a few days dole stopped because he was protesting outside the Dail whilst on the dole. A few of the papers ran the story a few weeks back. Basically the logic behind he getting his dole docked was that if he (the unemployed man) had the time to protest, then he should have been using that time to job seek and was not available for potential work due to him being at a protest.

The flip side of that would be that if that rule was followed, then no umemployed person could do anything during office hours other than job search as they would be breaking the rules if they did their weekly shopping etc as technically they were not available to worl whilst doing the shopping.

someone should report this to social welfare and get benefits stopped while on this protest as he is clearly not available for work/looking for work if spending all day outside the council offices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I see another leach is at it now:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/jobless-dad-of-eight-criticises-limerick-council-over-housing-549255.html

8 kids, wants more babies like it's a hobby and then expects a bigger house as it's his constitutional right! Maybe he should spend a bit more time upskilling rather than breeding like rabbits and expecting the tax payer to pay for their upkeep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

bazz26 wrote: »
    I see another leach is at it now:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/jobless-dad-of-eight-criticises-limerick-council-over-housing-549255.html

8 kids, wants more babies like it's a hobby and then expects a bigger house as it's his constitutional right! Maybe he should spend a bit more time upskilling rather than breeding like rabbits and expecting the tax payer to pay for their upkeep.

Probably no time to find a job because of all the riiiidddddinnnnn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

phill106 wrote: »
    Probably no time to find a job because of all the riiiidddddinnnnn

I be interested to know how much social welfare would you get with 1 adult dependant and 8 children ( presuming they are under 18 ) then add in how much childrens allowance she would recieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

8 kids and wants more...I had to read that twice. Fine if you're trying to fill a GAA team with your own family members I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

Ms Corbett and Mr Casey are absolute leeches. They and their equals have been sucking those Government tits for years now. They have no shame what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

From the article:-

"We manage, but we shouldn’t have to manage ... not when they [council] have so many houses out there — not when we have the regeneration, not when there’s Nama out there."

Mr Casey, :eek: (could he be one of....the clan?) ....said he doesn’t mind some people saying he shouldn’t have had eight children if he couldn’t afford to house them. "The truth is, I love having babies and my wife loves having babies. I’ll keep having babies."

Sums up the entiltlements culture in a nutshell. A world where responsibility isn't even a word in the dictionary.

He may as well have a poster with "Gimme!, gimme!, gimme! and gimme more you suckers so that I can make more welfare dependants" made up for his 'protest'.

And now he wants a NAMA house as well......ffs at the rate they're popping them out he might as well look for a NAMA'd hotel.

To think there are people out there who actually support the "rights" of people like this (and of course, the fair Serinna) to continually take from the rest of society without contributing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Get this if the 8 Children are under 18 and I presume they are since he is looking for a bigger house then the monthly childrens allowance is 1228e and he would be getting approx 551.20 per week from the dole a staggering 3432.80 a month coming into the house TAX FREE

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

I always find that people like this view the money from the County Council and Social Welfare as "free money", they don't seem to realise that the money they are receiving from the council and social welfare is actually coming from those of us in employment who are paying it to these instituations who in turn pass it on. And don't get me wrong, I don't think all people in receipt of benefits look at it this way, as I have been drawing job seekers allowance before for a few months when I was between jobs, but I had a sense of guilt and was conscious of where the money was coming from, and was grateful of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Davyhal wrote: »
    ...and was grateful of it

That's the thing, you were grateful, they're not. They just see this as what they deserve and are entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

the thing that bothers me is these people pro-create faster than the rest of us ..... they're will come a day when theres more of them than there is of us

scary eh

mitresize5 wrote: »
    the thing that bothers me is these people pro-create faster than the rest of us ..... they're will come a day when theres more of them than there is of us

scary eh

Easy to breed quicker when you can stick your hand out for someone else to pay for the upkeep of the extra mouths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭skate22

campo wrote: »
    Get this if the 8 Children are under 18 and I presume they are since he is looking for a bigger house then the monthly childrens allowance is 1228e and he would be getting approx 551.20 per week from the dole a staggering 3432.80 a month coming into the house TAX FREE

even having that money coming in every month and he has no mortgage to pay and will have the medical card and the back to school allowance and you can be sure he knows every other benefit to claim. It still would not entice me to have 8 kids and consider having any more. I m sure he can figure out a way to claim for extra bunk beds :)

Advertisement