Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Despair' over home for kids.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 firemansammie

campo wrote: »
    Get this if the 8 Children are under 18 and I presume they are since he is looking for a bigger house then the monthly childrens allowance is 1228e and he would be getting approx 551.20 per week from the dole a staggering 3432.80 a month coming into the house TAX FREE

That has seriously turned my stomach.....3432.80 a month, no mortgage about 15 per week rent. Sur no wonder they can afford a holiday abroad. Why the hell cant these people pay the house hold charge, they have more disposable income than any working person.
    Question, do council tenents pay their own gas/esb and bins??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

those people need to stop treating that womans vagina like a clown car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'm sure the Catholic church are very proud of them, not using contraception and breeding like rabbits. Good Catholic families are a dying breed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Kess73 wrote: »
    Another guy on the radio this morning who has 8 kids, and who says that the likes of him should receive special treatment when it comes to housing.

They should staple a pair of tin bells to his balls so every time his eyes roll in lustful climax nearby social workers could listen out and ringfence funding for his newly bred social welfare dependents.......

- Seriously though, when and where does it end? Is it really a case of asking w@nkers how much jizz they can produce?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Acapella

People like this make me physically sick and so very angry. How are you born with an air of entitlement?

At this moment in time my parents are FIGHTING the bank in order to postpone paying their mortgage for a year as my father had a serious accident in work (severe head injury) and will for the forseeable future not be back to work if he goes back at all. For the last 15 years they have never missed a mortgage repayment or the mortgage protection insurance and have always tried to keep their heads above water. They have done EVERYTHING possible for my siblings and I, and I mean everything taking loans out to support us through college etc.

Right now, they are striving to keep the household afloat on Social Welfare. Me? After 6 years in college and studying up to Masters level I get €124 a week on the dole, €30 of which a week goes to paying some student loans.

To see these people swan around demanding houses and for the council to completely gut and refurbish houses so they can move in is SICKENING when other families are being thrown out for failure to pay mortgages. Mortgages they took because they didn't want to SPONGE off the state. I don't know which is worse these people or the fact that government (local councils) cater to there every whim.

So Ms Corbett your house isn't suitable, most peoples aren't. I can assure you my parents would love a new house with all the trimming but guess what they cant AFFORD it. Deal with what you have and stop DISGUSTING people because people are sick to death of being walked all over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

bazz26 wrote: »
    I see another leach is at it now:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/jobless-dad-of-eight-criticises-limerick-council-over-housing-549255.html

8 kids, wants more babies like it's a hobby and then expects a bigger house as it's his constitutional right! Maybe he should spend a bit more time upskilling rather than breeding like rabbits and expecting the tax payer to pay for their upkeep.

I know this couple to see them, their kids go to the same school as my child. It makes my blood boil, I used to privately own a house in Glenbrook ( where they live) and my mortgage was just under 1000 a month. I had to sell 5 yrs ago as I could not keep up and they are living there for a pittance and complaining?.

My husband has to work away and I work 20 hrs a week my wage just covers the rent , I'm pregnant with health issues and should be resting but I do'nt get hand outs because my husband chooses to work minimum wage rather than sponge off the state.

Its actually a joke amoungst the parents up at the school at how often Mrs Casey is pregnant as they seem to come one after the other , and for such a young woman to have so many children , It is their business how many kids they have but it holds a sting when we know Mr Casey would rather not work as if he did he would'nt be getting his Social and rent allowance sure he'd be mad to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Isn't Glenbrook a private estate? Is he renting there through the council or as a private tenant in receipt of rent allowance? Looking at the chart, rent allowance rates seem to be capped at 3 children so the max rent he can be paying is €650pm. There are a number of 4 bed and bigger houses on the market for that price, like this 5 bed on the Ennis Rd; http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1176097. His social welfare entitlements already allow him to just move to a bigger place if he really needed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

mitresize5 wrote: »
    the thing that bothers me is these people pro-create faster than the rest of us ..... they're will come a day when theres more of them than there is of us

scary eh

you should really see that movie:

Advertisement