Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History: Help me please!

• 23-04-2012 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi!
    I'm extremely confused over the History marking scheme.
    In 5th year I was receiving all As (I think my lowest mark was 86%) and in our end our year exam I received 97%. However when I returned in 6th year, I discovered our 5th year teacher had left the school.
    The teacher we received in 6th year marks completely different to our old one and I can't seem to get above 79%. I've spent hours and hours and hours on essays, using information from other books and using the department guide lines but I still can't break out of the 70% range.
    In my mocks I got 55% :( and our new teacher agreed with the corrector (the highest in our class was 65% btw) however I sent my essay away to be re-corrected and I got 87%.
    Our new teacher hasn't been teaching long (this is her second ever L.C history class) but our old teacher taught my mother and his classes always achieve high grades.
    I'm really confused one teacher thinks I'm an A grade student but the other thinks I'm in the B2 range.
    Can anyone explain clearly how marks are awarded?
    Thanks! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

See can you find someone who has corrected for the SEC. They will have a much better idea of the standard.

Advertisement