Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happened to my poor seeds?

Options
  • 23-04-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi,
    I planted a variety of seeds in my new allotment this time last month; carrots, beetroot, peas, beans and lettuce. There is no sign of life from any of them!

Any ideas on where i might have gone wrong or do you think they'll appear yet? I kept them watered and planted at the recommended depth. Was it too early to plant maybe? Could birds have taken the seeds, although i didn't see any.

I've planted a second batch in a different location last weekend, hopefully they'll do a bit better (mind you, they couldn't do any worse)

I planted some onion sets at the same time and they're doing great! I planted some strawberry plants and they're doing brilliant too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Weather has been cold. Try a new batch. Don't use seeds that are a few years old. Pea and bean seeds can rot in cold wet weather.

Advertisement