Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carb your enthusiasm.

Options
  • 23-04-2012 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

I'm starting this log to keep track of my training and to help others out who are in my boat.

Right, at the end of 2010 I weighed a whopping 24 stone and am now a fitter,happier 18.5. I spent most of 2011 doing metcons and bodyweight work with minimal,lifting sessions. I was however at my tubbiest big into powerlifiting/strongman although I never competed. I had max lifts of 200 dead,168 squat and a 140 bench.

Due to the type of training I was doing and a few niggling injures these numbers obviously decreased dramatically. Therefore, Its time to lose the last of the weight, get my numbers up slowly but surely and actually start competing. Good Buzz :D

I'm running Wendler's 5/3/1 with assistance work two days a week, so that breaks down to Monday - Deads and OHP with assistance and Friday - Squatz and Bench with assistance.

I'll also be doing two days of hard conditioning, one day of lower intensity cv and mobility work every night before bed.

I'll be including my daily diet also.

Enjoy reading, any pointers,advice and relevant input appreciated :)

Monday 23/04/2012

Weight 18.5 stone <- **** buzz, This is what a week on the Algarve does.

Deadz

60 kg 3x10 warmup

90 kg x 5 @ 65 %

105 kg x 5 @ 75%

117 kg x 5 @ 85%

Assistance

More Deads 5 x 10 70 kg

Lat Pulldown 5 x 10 50kg.

OHP

40 kg x 5 @ 65%
    45 kg x 5 @ 75%
    50 kg x 5 @ 85%

Ohp again 5 x 10 @ 20 kg

DB lateral raise 5 x 10 @ 10 kg

Finished up with some stretching.

Before bed this evening I'll be dowing some mobility work.

Diet

Breakfast

4 egg omelete with spinach and tomato with a teaspoon of houmous. Cup of water with lemon.

During training I drank a liter of water.

Post Training

Can of tuna,banana and another cup of water with lemon.

Lunch and Dinner

Which I'm about to make will be a chicken stew with no spuds and plenty of veg.

Snack

Dried mango and nuts.

I'll be sipping more water throughout the day. I'll also need to get myself a protien supplement ASAP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Excellent log title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

Thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

Tuesday 24.04.2012

5 mins jogging to warmup

Conditioning

10 Burpees on the minute every minute for 8 minutes followed by some mobility work.

Advertisement