Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vapefest UK - Anyone interested in going?

• 23-04-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Just wandering is there any interest out there to go to Vapefest in Tamworth UK on the 24th and 25th August. I have already booked a hotel and will be travelling over. A lot of the major vendors in UK will be there and overall it should be a great weekend with probably close to 1000 vapors attending.

I haven't decided whether to fly or drive over yet. If anyone may be interested in going PM me and I'll be searching flights/boats in the meantime to figure out costs. I do know that rooms are being booked up fast so would advise anyone with an interest in going to book accommodation as soon as possible.

Couple of links with some info:
    http://ukvapefest.com/uk-vapefest-2012-for-dummies/
    http://ukvapers.com/forum/28-uk-vapefest/

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I dunno about traveling the whole way to the UK for an event.

To be honest it'd take a lot for me to book a day off work to travel to an event in Dublin let alone the UK.

Would be interesting to head over and see all the stock from the UK vendors and stuff, and I know there will no doubt be some VapeFest specials....goddamn it you'd want a nice few quid heading over to buy stuff! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Just booked my flight so no turning back now. Should be a great event.

Your a mad man!
    :-) enjoy it

I know I'm f****n nuts but I got the b&b for 2 nights and the flight from Shannon which is only down the road from me for €170 all in, so not too bad really.
    A lot of people pay that to go for a match or something for an overnight trip. I think it will be a great experience and cant wait to see all the different equipment and stuff and meet some of the UK forum vapors. I think the festivities/party after it will be a great laugh too, imagine about 800 people partying and vaping in the one place!
    Just gotta start saving a few bobs now maybe I'll buy something nice over there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well you've saved a grand by quitting cigarettes, may as well spend it on something fun :)

i'd be interested in going but that's around the time i'm going to be moving into a new apt for college so I'll need all my money for the deposit/rent and such

• Advertisement

well you've saved a grand by quitting cigarettes, may as well spend it on something fun :)

i'd be interested in going but that's around the time i'm going to be moving into a new apt for college so I'll need all my money for the deposit/rent and such

Pity, but it will be on next year and maybe who knows we can organise an Irish mini-vapefest next year if we think we will get numbers and vendors to attend!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Should organise either a smoking fest or "fresh air" fest to go up against it for the craic! It's gas though, I wouldn't crossed the street to attend a "cigarette" demo, but something about a Vapefest is intriging, if not a little sad :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's definitely much more appealing than a cigarette-fest. Won't be able to make it this unfortunately.

Aye, I'd never have thought of going to a Marlboro Lights meet up...but this is slightly tempting me i must say!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the northern vape meet went well recently enough, i dont know when they are having another but im pretty sure they are having one. prob be cheaper than flying to england although wouldn't be on the same scale as vapefest

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone is thinking of going over to vapefest I said I'll let ye know.
    I just got an email from ryanair on special offers and checked prices and it works out at €65 return to fly dublin to Birmingham on 24th to 26th August.

Hotels can be booked in Tamworth U.K on www.booking.com by using a credit card so no need to pay for hotel until arrival which gives some time to save up the money

More info here http://ukvapefest.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

It's looking dodgy right at the moment to be quite honest mate.

A couple of purchases that I've made recently just illustrated how skint I am - I haven't got a proverbial receptacle to urinate in...

Advertisement