Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

• 23-04-2012 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Are you ****ing kidding

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-in-despair-over-home-for-kids-1-3764536

I know this was already posted in the limerick forum, but... are you kidding? Jesus christ, some people.

**************MOD NOTE******************

From here.

Okay, people, can we tone down the aggressive name-calling of this woman, please?

I understand that it's an emotive subject for many of you, but there's no need for outright name-calling.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Please don't link to this woman's Facebook or any other social media. The next person that does it, will be getting a ban.

**************MOD NOTE******************

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i know its a disgrace, no indoor pool either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Holy feck, my mother raised 7 in a 3 bed house until I was 13 and we did grand!

I shared a room with my 4 brothers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

She is complaining about the standard of the house. Totally different to what you are trying to imply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

with a fifth child on the way, Serinna has said enough is enough.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

maybe she should try closing her legs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

She is a ****ing disgrace.

Her 18 month old should be sleeping in her room and not passing the kid off to her teenager to babysit.

And she is expecting another kid......Jesus H. Christ...........<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

FatherLen wrote: »
    maybe she should try closing her legs.

I wish you were a real priest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

BURN THE WITCH!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

This is the fruit of our welfare system. Those that won't contribute out-breed the rest of us and whinge when we can't afford to provide for them in the manner they'd like.

ADHD my arse, gob****e of a mother more like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If there was smoke coming into the kids bedrooms, and a danger of carbon monoxide poisoning, why the **** did she stay anyway?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

cloud493 wrote: »
    Are you ****ing kidding

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-in-despair-over-home-for-kids-1-3764536

I know this was already posted in the limerick forum, but... are you kidding? Jesus christ, some people.

Same reaction there. What planet are some of these people on. Claims her children were in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning for eighteen months, but gets pregnant again anyway..

Cases like this are why things like child benefit should reduce when you have more children, not increase. To try and discourage people who cannot afford to have large families from having them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Bunk beds. Simples

/Did not read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

<snip>

I suppose she's entitled to it...keep popping them out misses, I suppose your disadvantaged aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Why would any mother choose to have more children if they are already living in poor housing? This "lady" chooses to blame the government but she was the one who choose to bring at least 2 more children into this house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sealgaire

<snip>

Bunk beds. Simples

/Did not read

more space for activities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

Decent housing should be provided, fair enough, but a room for every child? I may be getting old but if I was in a position where it was obvious I could not provide for the children I had, I would stop getting pregnant rather than expecting the government to cater for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Live in squalor.

Kids at risk from Carbon monoxide.

Solution?

Have more kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Great country, this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

<snip> My parents raised 6 of us in a small 4 bed and never had anything to complain about.

And she's having more kids? Probably to get more child benefit...

DarkJager wrote: »
    <snip>

YEAH!! and punch her in the tit......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

She is a prime example of the gene pool being dumbed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yes if only everyone stopped getting pregnant...

Do you want a large family: No
    If you accidently get pregnant will you go over to England for a termination: No
    Will you give the child up for adoption when it is born : No

Ok, you're not allowed to get pregnant, under any circumstance. If you do I will call you a slut and you and your kids deserve to live in a home that is well below standard.

WindSock wrote: »

If you accidently get pregnant will you go over to England for a termination: No

Ok, you're not allowed to get pregnant, under any circumstance. If you do I will call you a slut and you and your kids deserve to live in a home that is well below standard.

Wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The more kids she has the happier the house will be.

Seriously she would want to close her legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Seaneh wrote: »
    Holy feck, my mother raised 7 in a 3 bed house until I was 13 and we did grand!

I shared a room with my 4 brothers!

Barracks

there is a wonderful and cheap solution to all of that.
    contraception.

Do you use contraception? - yes

Also the story makes no mention of the childrens father(s)

• Advertisement

Wut?

Just trying to see where the moral outrage is coming from in here and what the woman is expected to do if she get pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Decent housing should be provided, fair enough, but a room for every child? I may be getting old but if I was in a position where it was obvious I could not provide for the children I had, I would stop getting pregnant rather than expecting the government to cater for me.

totally agree she needs her fanny sown up or something

FatherLen wrote: »
    there is a wonderful and cheap solution to all of that.
    contraception.

Contraception isn't a solution to an accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Just trying to see where the moral outrage is coming from in here and what the woman is expected to do if she get pregnant.

To get pregnant once is unfortunate, repeatedly is careless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Staple her gee shut until she learns that her kids are meant to fit inside a house and not the house around her kids!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

The more hand outs people get, the more they expect.

I used to do voluntary work in a place that gave free meals to anyone who wanted, no questions asked. I overheard two men talking one day as they queued to get their free meal.
    "Look at the state of the walls, you think they'd paint the place"
    "Ah sure they don't give a f**k about us"

I went to work there thinking I would feel good for helping people but I left after a few months because of the attitude of the people there.

One day we had a BBQ for kids and parents, we provided tons of burgers, sausages, buns, rolls, sauces etc. All free of charge. I spent hours cooking for no pay and I think I heard 1 mother say thanks. One screamed at me for not providing forks. They threw all their rubbish all over the place even though there was bins provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

How Many "accidents" can one person have? if she thinks the place is unsafe why bring more kids into the house?

In general terms if i cant afford more mouths to feed i dont creat them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

She's complaining the house is too small for 4 kids and now decides to have another. A responsible adult would actually have the sense to think "maybe now isn't the right time". In the case of people like this, its more "a sure the council will sort out a bigger house anyway". Jaw dropping sense of entitlement where there is absolutely none deserved.

5 accidents. She's very unfortunate isn't she:rolleyes:. She should get compensation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

with a fifth child on the way, Serinna has said enough is enough.

Her partner "Toyota" was unavailable for comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

There is a legitmate concern surrounding the piping and carbon monoxide issue especially with young children but as it's a council house it's not supposed to be the Ritz-Carlton ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

She is complaining about the standard of the house. Totally different to what you are trying to imply.

In fairness, the opening line of the article is:
    A MOYROSS mother of four says she is “in despair” at having to look after her children in a three bedroom house.

So wasn't just something the OP plucked out of the air.

How many 'accident' children does she have to have before they become on purpose...

If this really was an accident and she was using contraception which failed, she would be the type to have a lawsuit filed

Maybe she planned some, maybe not...maybe there are even more sinister circumstances. I don't know and neither does anyone else in here baying for her gee to be sewn shut and to never have sex again.
    All because she has requested better conditions to bring her kids up in. There is hardly a shortage of empty shells to move into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

"I swear doctor, I just fell on his mickey!"

"Five times???"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have 3 brothers and an older sister and when I was little I literally had no bedroom. My sister was an adult and had boyfriends over and stuff so she got her own room (the box room is too small for 2 people anyway). I just had to sleep in the sitting room or wherever there was a spare bed. I didn't get my own room until I was 16.

Bloody short changed or wha'? But this auld tart needs to just deal with it like everyone else does.

<snip>

That's what got her into this situation :D

<snip>

I thought that was the problem? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

People dont want anything other than to be able to hurl abuse, they dont want solutions or to understand the issue. If you end up in this situation your fcuked, your a lazy, ignorant slut who cant raise a child and you only have yourself to blame. And if you do one damn thing to try improve things for yourself your an ungrateful greedy cnut who should be happy with being privileged enough to have such fine folks casting their ill founded judgements on ya.

Thats what I've got so far anyway. Good thing she's not a foreign national or she'd really be in for some abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Take a bit of responsibility for starters.

As one of the comments at the bottom of the article points out, she is living there for 5 years and is going to have 5 kids soon. So assuming the other kids are over 5, she had three kids in a 3 bedroom house which is not overcrowding.

If she hadn't planned to get a bigger house on her own, she should have taken more care when having a family.

Whats to happen if/when she has another 5 kids. Should she be entitled to ask for a 10 bedroom mansion out the country?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement