Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Robdude wrote: »
    Hopefully we can find more taxes to add so that poor Irish women can continue to have children and upgrade to bigger houses.

I'm worried this new water tax won't be enough. Perhaps an air tax?

A tax on fornication?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

micropig wrote: »
    A tax on fornication?

No - the government has no business telling people how to live their lives! Women should be free to have as many children as they want; regardless of their financial state.

But we do need the government to raise funds to help these poor women pay for big houses so they can raise their children. So, I mean, that might mean that *you* have to pay more in taxes; but it's obviously for the best.

But we do need the government to raise funds to help these poor women pay for big houses so they can raise their children. So, I mean, that might mean that *you* have to pay more in taxes; but it's obviously for the best.

No we don't need that and if they don't do something about this soon, people like her looking for a 4 bedroom house now, will be looking for a 7 bedroom house in the not to distant future, and see no shame about stomping about shouting about their entitlements

No we don't need that and if they don't do something about this soon, people like her looking for a 4 bedroom house now, will be looking for a 7 bedroom house in the not to distant future, and see no shame about stomping about shouting about their entitlements

Not everyone has the luxury of wealth. Should we only allow the rich to procreate? Should we force her children to live in poverty?

I'm sure most of you would be absolutely outraged if you couldn't provide a bedroom to each of your children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

dj jarvis wrote: »
    wrong on all counts with your assumption

If you read my post you would notice that I was acting as the counsel for the prosecution retained by AH and not assuming anything.

Fair play to you though. You sound like a solid family.

Not everyone has the luxury of wealth. Should we only allow the rich to procreate? Should we force her children to live in poverty?

I'm sure most of you would be absolutely outraged if you couldn't provide a bedroom to each of your children.

A lot of people plan their children and save/wait till they get a job/more secure financially before they create children.

She moved to to this unsuitable (if we are to believe) accommodation and continued to have children, knowing full well they would have to share rooms. If she was that concerned about them having their own rooms, she should have used contraception until she was in a position to afford a bigger house.

It's call being a responsible adult & parent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

fornication licences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

of course we would.......

i was raised in dublin...five of us in one room...3 children and 2 adults...

i have never felt deprived in my whole life.......of course i have lived of my earnings all my life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

you can't honestly be serious? ever heard of family planning? if i could afford to have more children, i'd love to have them, but i cant afford to have more children so a pack of comdoms for €4 makes a hell of a lot more sense than bringing a child into the world and condemning them to a life of poverty, squalor and misery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

My kids each have their own bedroom as we only have 3 children. However most of my childrens friends share a bedroom with a sibling and its not seen as a big deal, I would not be outraged at the thoughts of my children sharing a room, but thats probably because I am paying for the rooms we do have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Daisy M wrote: »
    My kids each have their own bedroom as we only have 3 children. However most of my childrens friends share a bedroom with a sibling and its not seen as a big deal, I would not be outraged at the thoughts of my children sharing a room, but thats probably because I am paying for the rooms we do have.
    Fair play to you, I expect of course that you have never claimed Mortgage Interest Relief so the taxpayers are not subsidising your chosen living arrangments!

xsiborg wrote: »
    you can't honestly be serious? ever heard of family planning? if i could afford to have more children, i'd love to have them, but i cant afford to have more children so a pack of comdoms for €4 makes a hell of a lot more sense than bringing a child into the world and condemning them to a life of poverty, squalor and misery!

you mean.....guarenteed lifestyle.......stress free family....no danger of accidents at work......or dad not coming home (killed in the rush hour)....

always there for visits to the doctors (free).....

lottery winners in disguise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Since when has kids sharing bedrooms become such a bad thing? I did it, I'm sure almost everyone on here with siblings did it. Didn't do me any harm.

I believe that God has a plan for all of us, including our unborn children. If God puts the desire to have a child in your heart it's a sign that it is time to have another child.

That shouldn't be a privilege only the rich can afford.

We're talking about the very basics of life. Food and shelter for yourself and your children. We're not talking about a summer villa in France or a yacht. Look at the total wealth and it's distribution; there is no reason for any child in Ireland to live in poverty, squalor or misery. But the hard working 'middle class' are taught to latch out against the poor who want to have bedrooms for their children while ignoring the truly rich, powerful, and corrupt who make it all possible. There is only so much wealth a single person can *earn*, and our wealthy are far, far, far, far beyond that. They have what they do because they get OTHER people to work hard for them. They create a system that they can exploit while convincing us that it's the POOR, LAZY people who are the cause of our problems.

Let's get angry about this girl and all the other STUPID girls who can't GET A JOB. Because that's what they want us to think....

I believe that God has a plan for all of us, including our unborn children. If God puts the desire to have a child in your heart it's a sign that it is time to have another child.

We're talking about the very basics of life. Food and shelter for yourself and your children. We're not talking about a summer villa in France or a yacht. Look at the total wealth and it's distribution; there is no reason for any child in Ireland to live in poverty, squalor or misery. But the hard working 'middle class' are taught to latch out against the poor who want to have bedrooms for their children while ignoring the truly rich, powerful, and corrupt who make it all possible. There is only so much wealth a single person can *earn*, and our wealthy are far, far, far, far beyond that. They have what they do because they get OTHER people to work hard for them. They create a system that they can exploit while convincing us that it's the POOR, LAZY people who are the cause of our problems.

Let's get angry about this girl and all the other STUPID girls who can't GET A JOB. Because that's what they want us to think....
    There is no God

tl:dr got as far as god and then read the last paragraph

If everyone takes that attitude, have as many kids as you want and the state will pick up the tab or have lots of starving children sharing bedrooms, what will become of this country?

lividduck wrote: »
    Fair play to you, I expect of course that you have never claimed Mortgage Interest Relief so the taxpayers are not subsidising your chosen living arrangments!

Thankyou for your praise. When we were entitled to claim it was signifigantly less than it is today and for a much shorter period of time. I would estimate that the tax we pay in a month is much more than we were ever entitled to claim back in tax.

What exactly is your point? We are tax payers, we own our own home are you seriously suggesting that tax payers should have no tax breaks, that people who are in the position to buy their own home should have no incentitive to do so? That because we choose not to spend a life fully dependant on welfare the government should cut us off completely? We should continue to pay 250e per week in tax and prsi and not see any benefit from this? Are you for real or a life long welfare recipient who is trying to find a comparrisment with a family who works to provide for themselves and their children?

lividduck we ALL pay tax, it's called VAT, so we're all taxpayers, but the problem arises when employed people have to pay more in various tax contributions than those who are seen to be visibly taking more from the pot than they put in, a hell of a lot more than their fair share in some cases, and mortgage interest relief payments would come nowhere near the amount in tax that a homeowner pays for paying a mortgage on their home.

i myself am not a home owner, and up until a few years ago i was able to claim €40 per month in rent relief. that was done away with in the budget, yet rent allowance that can cover up to three quarters of an unemployed persons rent, was not done away with.

and if a home owner loses their job in the morning, they dont qualify for a contribution from the state towards their mortgage either!

tl:dr got as far as god and then read the last paragraph

If everyone takes that attitude, have as many kids as you want and the state will pick up the tab or have lots of starving children sharing bedrooms, what will become of this country?

http://www.eapn.ie/eapn/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wealth-distribution-in-ireland.pdf
    ...the concentration of wealth mounts up to 1% controlling 34% of all wealth.

There are 100 Irishmen in a room with 100 loafs of bread.

1 guy has 35 loafs of bread!
    The next five guys have 9 each

The other 94 people are looking at the 20 loafs of bread going - THERE ISN'T ENOUGH! And they're blaming the poorest 5 guys who get a 2/5ths of a loaf each. Meanwhile, the guys with 1.25 loafs of bread are walking around thinking they are hot stuff because they work 45-50 hours per week and have a fancy college degree. And they're pissed because the government keeps taxing their bread to give it to the lazy poor.

You've got the majority of everyone fighting over scraps while the rich keep on being rich. When the poor complain about not getting enough, they raise taxes on the hard-working middle/upper-middle class and give more to the poor. When the middle/upper-middle class gets upset - they say, 'Well, look - it's all because of the POOR'. And the middle/upper-middle class *believes* it.

Billions paid to bail out rich people? That's nothing to worry about.
    A few quid to a woman who is trying to raise her children? OUTRAGE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Why are ye all arguing about this stupid thing,no wonder the country is screwed, she should be lucky to have a house some people dont even have one. Yet she is complaining she doesnt even have enough rooms. bloody joke!!!

http://www.eapn.ie/eapn/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wealth-distribution-in-ireland.pdf

The other 94 people are looking at the 20 loafs of bread going - THERE ISN'T ENOUGH! And they're blaming the poorest 5 guys who get a 2/5ths of a loaf each.

If the other 94 stopped fornicating, got out of the bed and started a bakery making bread, well then, everyone would be too busy to be throwing around any blame

6 guys are paying for the 20 loaves of the the 94 others, maybe they'd like some help or maybe the 94 others should be grateful for what they do get. Why should 6 guys slave to feed the others?

Edit: Hope that adds up!

Bread in a thread about a head living in a shed!

The other 94 people are looking at the 20 loafs of bread going - THERE ISN'T ENOUGH! And they're blaming the poorest 5 guys who get a 2/5ths of a loaf each. Meanwhile, the guys with 1.25 loafs of bread are walking around thinking they are hot stuff because they work 45-50 hours per week and have a fancy college degree. And they're pissed because the government keeps taxing their bread to give it to the lazy poor.

You've got the majority of everyone fighting over scraps while the rich keep on being rich. When the poor complain about not getting enough, they raise taxes on the hard-working middle/upper-middle class and give more to the poor. When the middle/upper-middle class gets upset - they say, 'Well, look - it's all because of the POOR'.

That woman's benefits actually put her extremely near or within the 1% bracket of the top world earners.

Retort?

If the other 94 stopped fornicating, got out of the bed and started a bakery making bread, well then, everyone would be too busy to be throwing around any blame

10 guys are paying for the 20 loaves of the the 94 others, maybe they'd like some help or maybe the 94 others should be grateful for what they do get. Why should 10 guys slave to feed the others?

You're misunderstanding the numbers. 10 + 94 > 100. Which makes no sense.

Daisy M wrote: »
    Thankyou for your praise. When we were entitled to claim it was signifigantly less than it is today and for a much shorter period of time. I would estimate that the tax we pay in a month is much more than we were ever entitled to claim back in tax.

What exactly is your point? We are tax payers, we own our own home are you seriously suggesting that tax payers should have no tax breaks, that people who are in the position to buy their own home should have no incentitive to do so? That because we choose not to spend a life fully dependant on welfare the government should cut us off completely? We should continue to pay 250e in tax and prsi and not see any benefit from this? Are you for real or a life long welfare recipient who is trying to find a comparrisment with a family who works to provide for themselves and their children?
    I have worked all my life, I own a small manufacturing business, but your reply shows what a small minded dope you are by trying to dismiss me as "a life long welfare recipient".

*Mod edit: Poster banned for attacking the poster.*

10 guys are paying for the 20 loaves of the the 94 others, maybe they'd like some help or maybe the 94 others should be grateful for what they do get. Why should 10 guys slave to feed the others?

because the government turns working people into slaves....the only success theyb have ever had....

• Advertisement

I have worked all my life, I own a small manufacturing business, but your reply shows what a small minded dope you are by trying to dismiss me as "a life long welfare recipient".

I asked you are you for real OR a life long welfare recipient.

because the government turns working people into slaves....the only success theyb have ever had....

It's called working to provide for your family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Oh wow. That's great. God has recently put the desire for a Ferrari, a 10 ct diamond ring, my own yacht, an island in the Caribbean, a penthouse in Manhattan and George Clooney's private phone number in to my heart. If you could tell me where I could go to pick them up, at the tax payers expense naturally, I'd be ever so grateful. :D

it can be a sign all it likes, i'd sooner just wait til i can afford to have another child, i dont expect the state to pay for my children, and i imagine i could be waiting a while if i was expecting god to provide the cash!

if the less wealthy people cannot afford children, then the solution is not- have them anyway, sure it'll be grand!

We're talking about the very basics of life. Food and shelter for yourself and your children. We're not talking about a summer villa in France or a yacht. Look at the total wealth and it's distribution; there is no reason for any child in Ireland to live in poverty, squalor or misery.

i dont begrudge others their wealth, because i dont have a chop on my shoulder, nor an ingrained sense that anybody else owes me a living. if you can't afford to provide the very basics of food and shelter for one child, what makes you think you can provide for two children, or four, five? using your logic, each child would get less and less. this isnt a case where one can feed a family of ten on two loaves and three fish!

But the hard working 'middle class' are taught to latch out against the poor who want to have bedrooms for their children

they dont just want bedrooms for their children though, they want a hell of a lot more, and they believe they are entitled to it, which is even worse, and they expect the likes of me who would love to have more children but cannot afford to, they expect that i should instead pay for their children that they choose to have indiscriminately? i have to ask- who do you think is the selfish one in that scenario?
    while ignoring the truly rich, powerful, and corrupt who make it all possible. There is only so much wealth a single person can *earn*, and our wealthy are far, far, far, far beyond that. They have what they do because they get OTHER people to work hard for them. They create a system that they can exploit while convincing us that it's the POOR, LAZY people who are the cause of our problems.

nope, it's lazy, selfish, ignorant people are the cause of our problems. i know plenty of unemployed people that hate being on the dole and hate taking anything from the state, it's a soul destroying mentality for some, yet for others they see it as a lifestyle choice. i dont begrudge anyone trying to better themselves, and one day i hope to be wealthy enough to be in a position where i can afford another child, but until then i'll have to practise family planning and personal responsibility.

you obviously seem set in your christian beliefs, so can i just point out that god according to the way i was raised, gave us the gift of free will, but the bible never said anything about giving anyone a free ride through life on the backs of others.

nope, lets get angry at people who expect everything to be given to them and expect to be asked for nothing in return.

lets get angry at people who abdicate their sense of personal responsibility and fob it off on everyone else as their responsibility.

lets get angry at people who bring children into the world and condemn them to a life of poverty, misery and squalor.

so if it's all the same to you, and god, i'll keep using condoms for now until i can afford to have another child.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

Good man, Robdude. Best troll yet on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

i dont begrudge others their wealth, because i dont have a chop on my shoulder

You're wealthy by my standards if you can afford a chop. I have to scrounge around in rubbish bins outside local chippers in order to keep a chip on my shoulder. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

could be worse... she could be working 2 jobs, 7 days a week... minimal if any social life... no time to complain...

but then again... what does you good will never make the papers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

The rich set society up so the middle class blame the poor. The rich get richer, the middle class get bitter. The poor get smart.

The rich set society up so the middle class blame the poor. The rich get richer, the middle class get bitter. The poor get smart.

And then they get pregnant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

OK, I have just had a look at her facebook page and I have the following 2 points to make,

1. For a woman living in dispair for the last five years - she is hiding it well.

2. She says she has a 13 year old son with ADHD yet of her 900 odd friends on facebook not one of them is an adhd site, and there are many. I did however find hairdressers, tanning salons, clothes shops, hair extensions, make up, fireplaces etc. Oops, I almost forgot the travel agents.

I do accept the fact that there are people out there who need help, I do not believe that this person is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

if your going to quote the great george carlin at least have the decency to get it even half right :D

he must be spinning in hell as we speak

it goes something like this " the poor are around to keep the middle class afraid that they might one day be poor "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYelfxc0hTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

You've got the majority of everyone fighting over scraps while the rich keep on being rich. When the poor complain about not getting enough, they raise taxes on the hard-working middle/upper-middle class and give more to the poor. When the middle/upper-middle class gets upset - they say, 'Well, look - it's all because of the POOR'. And the middle/upper-middle class *believes* it.

Bread,Fred!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Why are ye all arguing about this stupid thing,no wonder the country is screwed, she should be lucky to have a house some people dont even have one. Yet she is complaining she doesnt even have enough rooms. bloody joke!!!

Look JB i am going to tell you something thats very important, you get nowhere and nothing without complaining.

if your going to quote the great george carlin at least have the decency to get it even half right :D

he must be spinning in hell as we speak

it goes something like this " the poor are around to keep the middle class afraid that they might one day be poor "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYelfxc0hTM

I wasn't but thanks for the enlightenment.

Edit, interesting character this George chap. I shall be subscribing to his newsletter for a while or at least until he pisses me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Excellent post!
    The upper echelon have pitted the rest of society very successfully against one another and true to form we have fallen for it hook, line and sinker

• Advertisement

Very true. Can I have my four-bedroom house now, please?

I wasn't but thanks for the enlightenment.

Edit, interesting character this George chap. I shall be subscribing to his newsletter for a while or at least until he pisses me off.

good luck with that .......... hes dead :(

THE best comedian / human voyeur ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I grew up in a 3 bed house with 4 children and 2 parents. I have been in the Box room for 17 years because I have a sister in a wheelchair who needs the space of the bigger room. I no longer share my room but that means that either me or my brother is sleeping on the couch. We only now 10 years after we really needed it (my sister is 17) have gotten an extension built which she will be moving into in the next week and I will get the bigger room.

My sister weighs around 90 pounds which if you have ever carried that weight up and down a stairs over and over you will realise is not fun even if you are a strongly build 22 year old. But my 45 year old mother has had to do it too for years when I am away for whatever reason.

That Limerick woman can fook right off if she can't take care of the kids in a 3 bed house I'm sure someone else can take care of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Post number 388 in this thread. you clearly did quote him

Your one and only contribution to this thread. How interesting :rolleyes:

good luck with that .......... hes dead :(

THE best comedian / human voyeur ever

listening to him now, good but he is no Tommy Tiernan :):P

Thanks again for introducing me to his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

The easy way to demonstrate that she is wrong in what she does is this simple statement;

What if we all decided to do it?

We all decided that we were going to live off welfare.
    I mean every citizen of this country....
    • Guess what....., no welfare, the country would shut down, no police, no public service, no government, no food, no currency.
    • No electricity/water/services, we would plunge into 3rd world status with refugee camps being set up by world aid organisations.
    • Riots, lawlessness, looting and death.
    • The UN would be drafted in to keep peace, food parcels may be handed out under armed guard.
    • People - children would starve to death if they did not die of exposure and cold or violence first.
    That is why it is wrong, she and many like her are banking on the morals of others to keep their self esteem and work hard to pay their way and in turn pay for them.

I know this will never happen.. because we are not all like this woman, thankfully.

If you think the above is hysterical rubbish, just stop and think for a minute, really think it through, ... What if we all decided to do it?

listening to him now, good but he is no Tommy Tiernan :):P

Thanks again for introducing me to his stuff.

im jealous , i would love to hear him again for the first time

hunt out his full shows on you tube , spread the word

and yer one from limerick is still a scrounger :eek:

The easy way to demonstrate that she is wrong in what she does is this simple statement;

What if we all decided to do it?

We all decided that we were going to live off welfare.
    I mean every citizen of this country....
    • Guess what....., no welfare, the country would shut down, no police, no public service, no government, no food, no currency.
    • No electricity/water/services, we would plunge into 3rd world status with refugee camps being set up by world aid organisations.
    • Riots, lawlessness, looting and death.
    • The UN would be drafted in to keep peace, food parcels may be handed out under armed guard.
    • People - children would starve to death if they did not die of exposure and cold or violence first.
    That is why it is wrong, she and many like her are banking on the morals of others to keep their self esteem and work hard to pay their way and in turn pay for them.

I know this will never happen.. because we are not all like this woman, thankfully.

If you think the above is hysterical rubbish, just stop and think for a minute, really think it through, ... What if we all decided to do it?

This would make a good movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

So the child having fits every night (:S) is sleeping with the oldest child, she's in one room, two are sharing the other. Why doesnt she move to a smaller room and put up a bunk bed and single and give the ill child the room, I know its not easy having young and older siblings sharing but when you have a child with needs something has to give at your expense it can't just be handed to you anymore. Going back to basics we are, 12 kids in a room ahoy.

• Advertisement

I don't believe ADHD causes fits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement