Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I personally believe that AH has reached an all time low with this thread.

Whatever side of the argument you are on it begs the question should you not be using your apparent free time and energy against the true problems of this country.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Whatever side of the argument you are on it begs the question should you not be using your apparent free time and energy against the true problems of this country.

If you don't care, then don't post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

True problems of this country: People don't take personal responsibility and feel it is their entitlement for the state to pick up the pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Serina and her ilk embody some of the most major problems of this country ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Thats hilarious, coming from someone who has had multiple posts in the last 24 hrs. Pot kettle black!! You have really put a smile on my face this fine morning, thanks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Many trees die from the roots up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

El Weirdo wrote: »
    From Boards' new translate feature:

Well taking your comment at face value; she's hardly poor is she? She's on approximately €30000 a year in benefits. That's not poor.

But it's still a totally unfair and disingenuous comment. This regeneration is not about moving poor people, it's about moving troublesome people. Plenty of poor areas in Cork city or county are being regenerated. Why? Because there's relatively little problems there (compared to Limerick anyway). The Dundon McCarthy gang and their extended network of scum aren't poor, but I certainly don't want them in my neighbourhood or town, or even in free society for that matter. They are moving scum from one area to another, and locals have a right to object when thugs and scum are shipped into their neighbourhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If you don't care, then don't post.

But if you're simply OUTRAGED then feel free to complain loudly and peevishly about it.

Because that'll help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right, action time. Who do I call to have a chat about her. The whole Disneyland thing is beyond a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Right, action time. Who do I call to have a chat about her. The whole Disneyland thing is beyond a joke.

A more cynical person would think that's likely to be just the tip of the iceberg.

Screenshot it and send it on to: Social welfare, The Limerick Leader (for their inevitable follow up story) and Niall Boylan aswell sure. I like some Jeremy Kyle at work in the evening!!

we could all start popping out the babies now and have a boards meet up in the Bahamas next year, courtesy of the Irish Taxpayer

But if you're simply OUTRAGED then feel free to complain loudly and peevishly about it.

Because that'll help.

There's a difference between voicing an opinion either way, and complaining about people voicing an opinion at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

token101 wrote: »
    There's a difference between voicing an opinion either way, and complaining about people voicing an opinion at all.

This nothing but a "I'm more outraged than thou" circklejerk and we all know it.

This nothing but a "I'm more outraged than thou" circklejerk and we all know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Jesus christ!!!!!!

45 pages of people attacking a woman they don't know over a comment about her housing situation.
    Oh but she went to Disneyland. Really? How does this affect me? Thats right it doesn't!!!!!!

Felexicon wrote: »
    Jesus christ!!!!!!

45 pages of people attacking a woman they don't know over a comment about her housing situation.
    Oh but she went to Disneyland. Really? How does this affect me? Thats right it doesn't!!!!!!

Has she had any more children since the thread started?:D

micropig wrote: »
    Has she had any more children since the thread started?:D
    I hope she has. Just to annoy the people on this thread who sit in Ivory towers passing judgement on others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Jesus christ!!!!!!

In fairness, a full article in the Limerick Leader, an interview on 4fm and an interview this morning on Limerick Live 95fm, is more than a comment.

cofy wrote: »
    In fairness, a full article in the Limerick Leader, an interview on 4fm and an interview this morning on Limerick Live 95fm, is more than a comment.
    Its a witch hunt though. Maybe the woman didn't realise what would come of it or she did and feels so strongly about the situation that she is willing to put up with the public backlash. Who are we to say what she should think is the best situation for her and her kids

• Advertisement

I hope she has. Just to annoy the people on this thread who sit in Ivory towers passing judgement on others

Passing judgement, no. She's entitled to have as many kids as her body can handle. It becomes a problem though when she expects others to fund that. Saying she should stop leeching off taxpayers, that's a right as a taxpayer. Similar to the way people criticise politicians and anyone else who is paid by the general public. Except at least they work for a living, she just keeps popping out kids and leeching and bleeding the system dry. You think it's right that the state seemingly can't afford SNAs and hospital beds, yet this woman can take holidays as a welfare recipient and 'earn' more than many workers? Leaving aside the monetary aspect, is that right in principle? Should we all just sit there and say, 'Ah sure she's not the only one and there's not that many at it really'? Well there wasn't that many corrupt politicians either and people called them on it. This parasite is no different in the view of most people.

Its a witch hunt though. Maybe the woman didn't realise what would come of it or she did and feels so strongly about the situation that she is willing to put up with the public backlash. Who are we to say what she should think is the best situation for her and her kids

Less of a witch hunt, more a self entitled parasite hunt.

She didn't realise people would complain that she feels entitled to a bigger house and how it's her right to it? Well f*** me, isn't that a symptom of how entitled she feels and how f***ed our welfare system is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Do you not see that this is one of the true problems of this country? People who are milking the system and draining us dry. Have you had to pay the household charge? Are you looking forward to paying for water next?

Well the subject of the article didn't pay any of these things. But she went off on a nice jolly it seems. And now, back from her jolly she wants a bigger house? And worse still she wants the already hard pressed tax payer to pay the bill for her to have this house.

Maybe instead of turning out child after child she could get up and get a job and buy her own house rather than expecting it for free as a right.

So you see, this is one of the real problems of this country because there are far to many people who are convinced of their rights and their entitlements. Maybe we should address that first, make a contribution to society and you have a right and entitlement to something.

Personally I am heart sick of of seeing the queue at the post office on a daily basis for the hand of the scratcher

Some indication, on Monday I was coming back from the dentist in the evening time having just paid out €245 for work and I passed someone I know sitting outside the doctors surgery, smoking a roll up before heading in to see the doctor, where she was attended for free and will no doubt have gotten a script costing €0.50 at the chemist. If you don't see that as wrong, then I suggest you take some time to consider right and wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Im very confused to me this is a non story, she wants a four bedrooms house, she's going to get it anyway.

If you a living in a council house no more than two kids can share a room, those kids also have to be the same sex, ie two boys or two girls, if you have one of each then that is 3 bedrooms, 1 for each kid. This woman is pregnant with her 5th child meaning she will have gone above the limit and be eligible for a house with another bedroom.

And if she is getting RA then it is her own responsibility to get a house that is suitable for her needs and the RA supplements it.

So I guess I don't get what she is whining about, also terrible reporting by the leader, then again I shouldn't have expected any less.

Are you sure about that??? I grew up in a 2 bedroom Council house and shared a room with 3 of my brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

And she's going on holiday in 2012 according to her FB page. Cheek of her.

IvySlayer wrote: »

Where?

Less of a witch hunt, more a self entitled parasite hunt.

She didn't realise people would complain that she feels entitled to a bigger house and how it's her right to it? Well f*** me, isn't that a symptom of how entitled she feels and how f***ed our welfare system is?
    OK so your arguement is against our welfare system and not this woman. Start a thread about that and don't attack an individual

And as we all know Facebook is gospel.
    Get a life

Where?

No idea, it's one of those questions you answer. Anyway enough of stalking.

Get a life

I've seen her expensive wedding by paid for by the likes of me sure.

• Advertisement

I've seen her expensive wedding by paid for by the likes of me sure.
    To be fair there is no opinion I value more than that of a facestalker

To be fair there is no opinion I value more than that of a facestalker

I hold the opinion, that scroungers with a sense of entitlement are of more value than the hard working tax payers who fund their lifestyle

*Don't forget to post up pics of your holiday, let us see what we're paying for

Get a life

It's her Facebook page FFS! Why would she lie about her own holiday? Childish insults eh? Sign of a lost argument. Why don't we tell this woman to 'get a life'? One not funded by the rest of us.

I hold the opinion, that scroungers with a sense of entitlement are of more value than the hard working tax payers who fund their lifestyle

*Don't forget to post up pics of your holiday, let us see what we're paying for
    Are you now claiming that I'm unemployed? Just to clarify I work full time and claim no benifits from the state.

Are you now claiming that I'm unemployed? Just to clarify I work full time and claim no benifits from the state.

How was last years holiday? Any plans for this years?

How was last years holiday? Any plans for this years?
    It was great went to Spain for 10 days. No plans for this year yet. How about yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

It was great went to Spain for 10 days. No plans for this year yet. How about yourself?

Do you think you pair could stop making this about both of you and stick to the subject in hand

It's her Facebook page FFS! Why would she lie about her own holiday? Childish insults eh? Sign of a lost argument. Why don't we tell this woman to 'get a life'? One not funded by the rest of us.
    I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm simply questioning the moral fibre of a person who goes checking a facebook account of someone they don't know so they can inform people of the findings on a forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Jesus christ!!!!!!

You could visit 99% of threads on boards and post this statement about whatever is being discussed.

"x pages of people (insert subject here) Really? How does that affect me? That's right, it doesn't!!!"

Great contribution you're making here.

• Advertisement

toexpress wrote: »
    Do you think you pair could stop making this about both of you and stick to the subject in hand
    I was asked a question and answered. I presume he will take this somewhere based on my answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

toexpress wrote: »
    Do you not see that this is one of the true problems of this country? People who are milking the system and draining us dry. Have you had to pay the household charge? Are you looking forward to paying for water next?

Well the subject of the article didn't pay any of these things. But she went off on a nice jolly it seems. And now, back from her jolly she wants a bigger house? And worse still she wants the already hard pressed tax payer to pay the bill for her to have this house.

Maybe instead of turning out child after child she could get up and get a job and buy her own house rather than expecting it for free as a right.

So you see, this is one of the real problems of this country because there are far to many people who are convinced of their rights and their entitlements. Maybe we should address that first, make a contribution to society and you have a right and entitlement to something.

Personally I am heart sick of of seeing the queue at the post office on a daily basis for the hand of the scratcher

Some indication, on Monday I was coming back from the dentist in the evening time having just paid out €245 for work and I passed someone I know sitting outside the doctors surgery, smoking a roll up before heading in to see the doctor, where she was attended for free and will no doubt have gotten a script costing €0.50 at the chemist. If you don't see that as wrong, then I suggest you take some time to consider right and wrong.

I am not disagreeing with the posters on the thread that are against the apparent cheek of this woman, I have a problem with fact her life is being dissected on an internet forum. IMO she has been used by the Limerick Leader,who knew the outrage that would ensue once they printed this story.

Our society has built this type of lifestyle, the ghettoes that were built to house people but just served to segregate people. If you can't work you have an entitlement to a basic standard of living in this country. The hard liners would have you believe that if you don't have a job you should not have a right to some degree comfort in your life.

Many people have been excluded solely because of the address they live at. This is a fact.

The flaws in the system encourage people to take, if you are born into this the chances are it is all you will know. The vitriol directed at this woman is to me just a symptom of the ever expanding divide that is permeated throughout the new Ireland, those that work lay blame at those that don't.

In the boom 110K people were still receiving benefits, this would be the starting point to understand why, lifestyle choice or as I suspect for a percentage, exclusion.

OK so your arguement is against our welfare system and not this woman. Start a thread about that and don't attack an individual

She is the problem! She is leeching from the system FFS! So the system is bad, does that make it OK to exploit it for your own ends? No it f***ing well doesn't. It's still wrong. Society shouldn't have to mitigate for every scumbag who wants to leech endlessly. Does responsibility come into this at all? Or do we just allow everyone to exploit the state endlessly? Is that ok?

poldebruin wrote: »
    You could visit 99% of threads on boards and post this statement about whatever is being discussed.

"x pages of people (insert subject here) Really? How does that affect me? That's right, it doesn't!!!"

Great contribution you're making here.
    Sorry but I think you are missing my point. This is a personal attack which I don't agree with as the person being attacked has no chance to defend themselves. You've also paraphrased my original quote it was the Disneyland holidayh which didn't affect me

She's launched a media campaign to get a bigger house paid for by the State, what did she expect?

On the FB thing, it's how it works. I typed her name and looked at her cover page. Won't be friend requesting her or anything.

I'm not responsible. Somebody else is. Just give me the money. - A disgusting attitude to have.

She's launched a media campaign to get a bigger house paid for by the State, what did she expect?

On the FB thing, it's how it works. I typed her name and looked at her cover page. Won't be friend requesting her or anything.

I'm not responsible. Somebody else is. Just give me the money. - A disgusting attitude to have.
    You went out of your way to find something to give out about a person you don't know. Fair play.

• Advertisement

Sorry but I think you are missing my point. This is a personal attack which I don't agree with as the person being attacked has no chance to defend themselves. You've also paraphrased my original quote it was the Disneyland holidayh which didn't affect me

She wouldn't of been attacked if she'd have shut up, lived within her means and had children only when she was in a financial state to do so.

She is the problem! She is leeching from the system FFS! So the system is bad, does that make it OK to exploit it for your own ends? No it f***ing well doesn't. It's still wrong. Society shouldn't have to mitigate for every scumbag who wants to leech endlessly. Does responsibility come into this at all? Or do we just allow everyone to exploit the state endlessly? Is that ok?
    But again the arguement here is against the system and not the individual.
    If you were placed in a situation like this would you not do all you can to get the most for your children even if that meant asking more from the state. I know I would. We have no idea why this woman isn't working or requires state benifits. Its all too easy to say she is a lazy sponger but that may not be the case

I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm simply questioning the moral fibre of a person who goes checking a facebook account of someone they don't know so they can inform people of the findings on a forum

So you are questioning the moral fibre of somebody questioning someone elses moral fibre.

#humancentipede

You went out of your way to find something to give out about a person you don't know. Fair play.

People view my FB account all the time, I don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I don't think most on this thread are complaining about this specific woman. She is the face for the abuse of the system that is ongoing. I don't care about the specifics of this particular case, but it is an example of what goes on.

I don't think it's fair to call posters facists, claim they are sitting in Ivory towers, judging, declare it to be a witch-hunt, we are trying to burn the woman at the stake etc etc.

I think I am liberal-minded, and agree we should have a SW system. I don't think the vast majority of people on SW are scroungers, scum (or need sterilising!?), and I don't see the majority of the posts claiming this either. Most (most) are thoughtfully pointing out and trying to articulate the unfairness and that the system needs an overhaul.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement