Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Felexicon wrote: »
    So would I. But who are we to judge if her priorities are different

We are the people she is looking to support her move to a larger house, we are also the people funding her current line of income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Don't need to get the concept of what welfare is as its an actual thing.
    If someone chooses to save the money the state pays them and go on holiday so be it
    perhaps you can ring revenue and ask them to increase their tax-take from your salary? that way this woman would be able to take more free holidays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Felexicon

perhaps you can ring revenue and ask them to increase their tax-take from your salary? that way this woman would be able to take more free holidays!
    Well done you have failed to recognise my point at all.
    The issue is that SW payments allow someone to go on holiday
    Don't blame this woman for taking what is offered

you should drive down to limerick and give her a big wad of sweaty cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Be careful not to impregnate her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I think if that was all that was happening people would react a little less vociferously

The problem that most seem to have is that not only is she taking what's offered, she wants more and has gone through the media to highlight her plight (And possibly the fact that it seems she has never paid into the system from which she is benefitting and complaining about.

Ok I see you don't have the required IQ to form a logical arguement or accept when you may have taken something up incorrectly. For that reason I will stop replying directly to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Perhaps don't blame her for taking what is offered.

But certainly blame her for expecting more after all that has been handed to her on a plate!

Monife wrote: »
    Perhaps don't blame her for taking what is offered.

But certainly blame her for expecting more after all that has been handed to her on a plate!
    Absolutely, but again the system is at fault here as people have been granted such ludicrous requests before

• Advertisement

Absolutely, but again the system is at fault here as people have been granted such ludicrous requests before

Probably because all the bleeding hearts would cry she's entitled to it.

micropig wrote: »
    Probably because all the bleeding hearts would cry she's entitled to it.
    If by bleeding hearts you mean some SW officer who gives the most to those who shout loudest then yes

so, do you think it would be exceptable and reasonalbe for me and the gf to quit our jobs, go on the social, have a litter of young and get free housing, benefits, medical, extras etc? because, after all, the welfare offer it and we would be entitled to it.
    as for my IQ, it's just fine thanks, your sense of moral justice and of right and wrong is utterly shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Entitlements should be earned not granted for nothing!
    And even at that, there needs to be a limit to entitlements...
    Nobody should be entitled to take a foreign holiday at the expense of those who can barely pay their own way after a weeks work, with all the deductions made to pay for her lifestyle.

If by bleeding hearts you mean some SW officer who gives the most to those who shout loudest then yes

No, that's not who I mean, I mean the % of the public population who think she's entitled to it,

not only is she entitled to it, she is entitled to keep creating children & let the state pick up the tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

She's not just taking it though, she is requesting more. Should we give it to her in your opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm simply questioning the moral fibre of a person who goes checking a facebook account of someone they don't know so they can inform people of the findings on a forum

Have you read the article in the OP. She states that she is starting a facebook campaign - does this not suggest to you that she is inviting people to look her up on facebook?

so, do you think it would be exceptable and reasonalbe for me and the gf to quit our jobs, go on the social, have a litter of young and get free housing, benefits, medical, extras etc? because, after all, the welfare offer it and we would be entitled to it.
    as for my IQ, it's just fine thanks, your sense of moral justice and of right and wrong is utterly shocking.
    No I don't think so. In fact this is my point. If you and your girlfriend did this you would be entitled to benefits and that is crazy but that would be the systems fault not you and your girlfriends.
    Now while it would be a sh1t thing for you to do I would still blame the system for allowing it

cofy wrote: »
    Have you read the article in the OP. She states that she is starting a facebook campaign - does this not suggest to you that she is inviting people to look her up on facebook?
    To look up the campaign not her personal page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

This woman is not taking what is offered she is demanding more than what has been deemed necessary for her family. She is having more children and is receiving extra welfare for them. Nobody is coming to her door handing her these benefits she is going and making sure she is in receipt of them all. She will no doubt be in receipt of back to school allowances for her children and I would hazzard a guess that she has also availed of the grant allowance payable when a child makes communion/confirmation. Will she have lost her pram and cot from the last child and get a new one for this one? She will be entitled to a maternity clothing grant the list goes on and I doubt between us all we know the half of it but be gauranteed she does.

token101 wrote: »
    She's not just taking it though, she is requesting more. Should we give it to her in your opinion?
    NO she shouldn't. But unfortunately if she shouts loud enough she may get something

• Advertisement

To look up the campaign not her personal page

Can you tell me what the name of the campaign is so?

Can you tell me what the name of the campaign is so?
    No I don't know what it is and even if I did I wouldn't bother wasting my time looking it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

token101 wrote: »

Theres nothing wrong with asking. What people should remember is that in the five years she has been requesting a bigger house, that request has not once been granted and may never be granted.

If she was entitled to get what she is looking for, then surely she would have gotten it by now.

I could understand the furor if she had already been given a bigger house that she didn't need , but everyone is complaining simply because she asked.

No I don't know what it is and even if I did I wouldn't bother wasting my time looking it up

As you will see from my post #587 you will see that yes I did look this up, I wanted to see how her campaign was going. Now do you see why people looked up her personal page (which by the way is a public not private one)?

No I don't think so. In fact this is my point. If you and your girlfriend did this you would be entitled to benefits and that is crazy but that would be the systems fault not you and your girlfriends.
    Now while it would be a sh1t thing for you to do I would still blame the system for allowing it
    do you understand the concept of personal responsibility at all?? better yet, do you understand the concept of civil responsibility? a citizen only has rights and entitlements from the state as long as he/she act fairly towards the state and fulfill their responsibilities to the society they live in. It cannot be all take take take, this simply is not sustainable. it is up to me not to fook the state over simply because the system is somewhat broken and open to abuse. are all acts understandable/acceptable as long as i will get away with it??

As you will see from my post #587 you will see that yes I did look this up, I wanted to see how her campaign was going. Now do you see why people looked up her personal page (which by the way is a public not private one)?
    OK I just read post #587 and it's grim reading. Seriously what is wrong with you, are you the kind of person who puts everything on facebook. maybe she deals with her sons issue in private like a normal person. Oh she's friends with with a hair dresser and a beauty salon, the horror. Because we all know being friends with people and business' on facebook costs a fortune.

But then again she did set her profile to public so what can she really expect other than to have people trawl through over 900 friends and however many photographs to pick flaws whereever they can

do you understand the concept of personal responsibility at all?? better yet, do you understand the concept of civil responsibility? a citizen only has rights and entitlements from the state as long as he/she act fairly towards the state and fulfill their responsibilities to the society they live in. It cannot be all take take take, this simply is not sustainable. it is up to me not to fook the state over simply because the system is somewhat broken and open to abuse. are all acts understandable/acceptable as long as i will get away with it??
    Ok if you let the red mist clear you will actually see that we are agreeing with eachother on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

OK I just read post #587 and it's grim reading. Seriously what is wrong with you, are you the kind of person who puts everything on facebook. maybe she deals with her sons issue in private like a normal person. Oh she's friends with with a hair dresser and a beauty salon, the horror. Because we all know being friends with people and business' on facebook costs a fortune.

But then again she did set her profile to public so what can she really expect other than to have people trawl through over 900 friends and however many photographs to pick flaws whereever they can

she has too many friend also, i cant afford to have friends, i am too busy working to have friends.

to be fair though, she has brought herself into the public forum and has to accept the fallout of her actions. who here knew about Sireena Corbet before yesterday? she has brought this one herself, if she wants r something like a big house sell her 08 corolla and use the money for that to pay rent until she can make a claim on the new house. oh that's right, people like this wont make the sacrifices that the rest of us have to make will they. all the comment on the leaders website are funny too, have you noticed that those who stick up for her cant spell, and that is coming from me so you know their spelling is bad.

Why do you think that there is something wrong with me? SHE SAID SHE WAS STARTING A CAMPAIGN ON ADHD - I was looking for that. My facebook page is private and I have not announced in an article in the newspaper that I am starting a campaign, if I did I would expect people to check out my credibility through my facebook page.

Why do you think that there is something wrong with me? SHE SAID SHE WAS STARTING A CAMPAIGN ON ADHD - I was looking for that. My facebook page is private and I have not announced in an article in the newspaper that I am starting a campaign, if I did I would expect people to check out my credibility through my facebook page.
    Really? I suppose you're right I mean I was going to choose one doctor to perform major sergury but his facebook credentials just weren't as good as his colleague so I canceled it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Could someone PM her facebook page. Cant find it

Thanks

D1stant wrote: »
    Could someone PM her facebook page. Cant find it

Thanks
    here its www.facebook.com/whatthehelliswrongwithyoupeople

Enjoy it apparently there are over 900 friends to creep on

So how's the campaign on the ADHD going? Any mention of it on the page?

Really? I suppose you're right I mean I was going to choose one doctor to perform major sergury but his facebook credentials just weren't as good as his colleague so I canceled it.

Did this doctor tell you that there would be more information on facebook? Personally, I would prefer a surgeon to carry out major surgery so you probably did the right thing cancelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

All this facebook nonsense!!

Think about this, lots of people do a little digging on facebook when it suits them, it's not something that is new and facebook is all about attention seeking and that is what this woman is at. The child who shouts the loudest gets the most, that tends to be the mentality of this type of person and she certainly seems to be staying true to that.

So how's the campaign on the ADHD going? Any mention of it on the page?

No sign of it yet. Seriously though, I have a nephew that was diagnosed with ADHD, it's a good number of years ago now, so I that's why I was interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

also, she says her son has this problem and that the rest of her kids are at potential risk of monoxide poisoning. has she actual brought them to a doctor. she has said in her article that her son who has fits has not been medically diagnosed. maybe he is on acid or something. i am not being smart also, but how can she know the severity of his condition without correct medical consultation.

toexpress wrote: »
    All this facebook nonsense!!

Think about this, lots of people do a little digging on facebook when it suits them, it's not something that is new and facebook is all about attention seeking and that is what this woman is at. The child who shouts the loudest gets the most, that tends to be the mentality of this type of person and she certainly seems to be staying true to that.

Emmm..you seem to be missing the point. This woman is starting a facebook campaign

It is she who mentioned facebook first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Emmm..you seem to be missing the point. This woman is starting a facebook campaign

It is she who mentioned facebook first

No no I think you are missing my point. I agree, she put it out there so if someone wants to take a look at it then that's what it's there for so why anyone is slating anyone else for doing so is quite beyond me. SHE wanted attention, well she got it regardless of how negative it is

• Advertisement

Did this doctor tell you that there would be more information on facebook? Personally, I would prefer a surgeon to carry out major surgery so you probably did the right thing cancelling.
    He did. I really liked his holiday snaps. Also looked through his 1500 friends so I could go to a forum and post horsesh1t about that having any relevance to real life situations. It was awesome. Probably the best day of my life. Better than when my kids were born.

toexpress wrote: »
    No no I think you are missing my point. I agree, she put it out there so if someone wants to take a look at it then that's what it's there for so why anyone is slating anyone else for doing so is quite beyond me. SHE wanted attention, well she got it regardless of how negative it is
    Ah yes, now that the mist of rage has passed I re-read your post:pac:

He did. I really liked his holiday snaps. Also looked through his 1500 friends so I could go to a forum and post horsesh1t about that having any relevance to real life situations. It was awesome. Probably the best day of my life. Better than when my kids were born.

Oh sorry, I should just swallow everything she says as being absolutely true and give her everything she asks for at the detriment of people who genuinely need help and services that have to be cut.:pac:

Oh sorry, I should just swallow everything she says as being absolutely true and give her everything she asks for at the detriment of people who genuinely need help and services that have to be cut.:pac:
    OK to once again clarify my view on this.

I agree that this woman is making rediculous demands

I am not in favor of attacking an individual when they are not there to defend thier actions

The SW shoulder the blame if this woman has excess money to go on holidays and buy nice things.

Creeping through 900 friends on a strangers facebook page is mental!!!!!!

It's great you have such a good relationship with your surgeon, Would a medical card allow you to have nice chats on the free visits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

it really is silly season, first the 18 property landlord thinking they shouldnt have to pay their mortgage, then the woman who thinks she should get a non-contributory pension after winning €2.6m on the lotto, now this.

• Advertisement

It's great you have such a good relationship with your surgeon, Would a medical card allow you to have nice chats on the free visits?
    Don't know. I earn far too much to qualify for a medical card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Don't know. I earn far too much to qualify for a medical card.

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I'm beginning to wonder if those with low post counts who are staunch in their support of this woman have a vested interest.... :cool:

I'm beginning to wonder if those with low post counts who are staunch in their support of this woman have a vested interest.... :cool:
    Just ask me out straight and I'll give you an honest answer

Read post #845. I am not in support of this woman

Sykk wrote: »
    Correct. It's like looking in a mirror :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement