Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Felexicon

mikom wrote: »
    Try to rubberbandit instead.
    Well played Sir

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-corbett-sparks-huge-debate-across-web-1-3778263

The Leader have a variation of the story now. She's off for a vacation in Spain this year! Oh, and she is "taking legal advice with a view to taking action against Limerick City Council" to reimburse her for 2000 euro.

Serinna, I demand a postcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

FutureGuy wrote: »
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-corbett-sparks-huge-debate-across-web-1-3778263

The Leader have a variation of the story now. She's off for a vacation in Spain this year! Oh, and she is "taking legal advice with a view to taking action against Limerick City Council" to reimburse her for 2000 euro.

She cannot put Jordan in the same room as her two other youngsters, because she says the drugs he is on causes harm

If the drugs are making him voilent, maybe it's time to change the drugs?
    She wants €2,000 as a repayment for when she was forced to pay for a new floor, paint works, and the clothes she had to replace as a result.

This just gets better & better:pac::pac:

It doesn't say as a result of what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Serinna confirmed she is taking legal advice with a view to taking action against Limerick City Council. She wants €2,000 as a repayment for when she was forced to pay for a new floor, paint works, and the clothes she had to replace as a result.

it just gets better! well done to the Leader, you've a bit to go before you hit samantha brick daily mail standard, but you're going well!

meanwhile, this imbecile can't be for real surely? she goes off to spain instead of getting the heating fixed, and now wants a new wardrobe of chothes to top it all off? i hope LCC has the sense to tell her go swing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

She cannot put Jordan in the same room as her two other youngsters, because she says the drugs he is on causes harm

It's OK for him to share a room with an 18 month old however? I'm confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Has anyone ever heard the statement 'A paper never refuses ink'.
    This stinks of a massive amount of hyperbole by some nosey neighbour wanting her 10 minutes of fame down the pub.

And since when has the Limerick Leader become a reputable source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

267 euro for a holiday apartment in Spain. it seems very cheap for what i presume is at least a 4 bed apartment...

bamboozle wrote: »
    267 euro for a holiday apartment in Spain. it seems very cheap for what i presume is at least a 4 bed apartment...

Cheapest I can find is £175 to £280 (sterling) / week, but she'd have to hire a car a minibus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Felexicon wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard the statement 'A paper never refuses ink'.
    This stinks of a massive amount of hyperbole by some nosey neighbour wanting her 10 minutes of fame down the pub.

And since when has the Limerick Leader become a reputable source

kettle calling the pot black - but your assumption about the neighbor HAS to be true :eek:

PLEASE.................................................
    if your going to try and moan about people not having the facts, please dont stuff your post with wild assumptions also ....... jeez

Car with Euro Port (we have to go with 7 seater) €670/week

This is getting expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

micropig wrote: »
    Cheapest I can find is £175 to £280 (sterling) / week, but she'd have to hire a car a minibus

and the flights are only 800 even though she hasnt booked them yet.

she must have a deal with ryanair where they've agreed not to raise the price of flights the closer it gets to the date of departure for her.

not to mention saving €20 a week to pay for the holiday, she had her last foreign holiday back in January, so saving 20 quid a week since then would leave here with 200-240.

Finally, i'd love to know what clothes she wore painting that she needs compensation for.

I just checked the Ryanair website there, 2 adults 3 children & 1 <2 Shannon- Malaga July €1,409.50 EUR if she books today..

When is she due her next baby? When is it too close to the birth to fly?

Maybe she should set up a travel agency with the deals she's getting:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

“My husband and myself play a big role in the community. I am going to be a mature student in midwifery [at UL

In the interview in on 95fm she said she could not work because if the school Jordan was going to rang she would have to go straight away nobody else can manage him.

My question is what if she gets one of these calls while a woman is in labour - is she just going to drop everything and run? :eek::eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

is this stupid story still going on!!! how could it last 68pages :-0 :-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

is this stupid story still going on!!! how could it last 68pages :-0 :-0

Its not really a stupid story as the problem is a huge one in Irish society and this particular case just highlights exactly how corrupt and unjust the social welfare system in Ireland is.

Its not really a stupid story as the problem is a huge one in Irish society and this particular case just highlights exactly how corrupt and unjust the social welfare system in Ireland is.

It is a stupid story She is complaining she does not have a big enough
    house.Yet it is 3 bedrooms. & she wants a 4 bedroom one. Yet there is other people who dont even have a house & would be delighted with a 3bedroom house.She does not even work!! THat is Greedy spoilt.!!! having loads of children so they can claim child benefit.The usual thing...(fela across the road that used to live near me that did/does this)

It is a stupid story She is complaining she does not have a big enough
    house.Yet it is 3 bedrooms. & she wants a 4 bedroom one. Yet there is other people who dont even have a house & would be delighted with a 3bedroom house.She does not even work!! THat is Greedy spoilt.!!! having loads of children so they can claim child benefit.The usual thing...

You forgot about the holidays:D

It is a problem in society though

You forgot about the holidays:D

It is a problem in society though

Ya i forgot that LanzorottEEEeeee:cool::cool::D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What's the husband doing with himself then?

cloud493 wrote: »
    What's the husband doing with himself then?

Ah here, you can't be asking questions like that now:p

Ah here, you can't be asking questions like that now:p

in the bookies probally lol :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭omck80

She had a house

Something happened and she got evicted

now she wants another

She was living in apartment she was never housed, that is why she is still on housing list 9 years later. Who know's why she had to move out ? My friend was living in rented house was given a week to move with her 2 children when landlord "forgot" to tell her bank had taken the house. Luckily she could move home for a short while. Maybe this girl in similar situation who knows. But yes no children should be subject to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

xsiborg wrote: »
    it just gets better! well done to the Leader, you've a bit to go before you hit samantha brick daily mail standard, but you're going well!

meanwhile, this imbecile can't be for real surely? she goes off to spain instead of getting the heating fixed, and now wants a new wardrobe of chothes to top it all off? i hope LCC has the sense to tell her go swing!

Maybe she's hoping to get on the Late Late Show too. And sure if she qualifies for free legal aid, why would'nt she sue or at least try its not going to cost her anything and if she wins won't she have more spending money for her holiday, or maybe her next one.

omck80 wrote: »
    She was living in apartment she was never housed, that is why she is still on housing list 9 years later. Who know's why she had to move out ? My friend was living in rented house was given a week to move with her 2 children when landlord "forgot" to tell her bank had taken the house. Luckily she could move home for a short while. Maybe this girl in similar situation who knows. But yes no children should be subject to that.

An apartment is a house/home. I don't see why one would not be good enough

From the article
    Ms Murray became homeless late last year when she was evicted from her apartment, saying: “I couldn’t find anywhere to live before Christmas. No landlord that I rang wanted to take me with five kids. I have been on the housing list for nine years and nothing is being done. I should be allowed to provide some kind of home for my kids.”

She was evicted. She receives rent allowance to pay rent. It needs to be clarified why she was evicted.

Ironic that she is complaining "I should be allowed to provide some kind of home for my kids"

She is allowed provide. She wants the state to provide-that the problem.

She receives €700+ children's allowance/month
    €X? rent allowance
    Unemployment
    and god knows what else

With that amount of money it..go rent a house

• Advertisement

cofy wrote: »
    Maybe she's hoping to get on the Late Late Show too. And sure if she qualifies for free legal aid, why would'nt she sue or at least try its not going to cost her anything and if she wins won't she have more spending money for her holiday, or maybe her next one.

Would she be able to claim for the clothes she wrecked during painting?

oh, and new clothes for the show of course, she might pick up something nice in spain to wear, or will that require a trip to Milan?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Assuming this is all factually accurate, the story goes as follows: the state has to pay for her legal advice, so she sue can the council (an offshoot of the state effectively) to cover the costs of repairs to her state funded house? And if the state somehow loses, they will have to pay her more money on top of what she has already gotten free from the state, an extra €2,000 according to her. And after that metaphorical kick in the balls, then the state will have to pay for her trip to Spain, costing over €1000 on travel and accomodation alone, before spending money which for 6 people will almost definitely top another €1000? She can put away €20 a week for holidays, but yet she can't pay €2 a week for the Household Charge? Is this a f***ing wind up?

After reading all that, when Joan Burton inevitably cuts this sort of welfare in this country I will be sending her chocolates, flowers a thank you card.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭omck80

omck80 wrote: »

An apartment is a house/home. I don't see why one would not be good enough

From the article
    Ms Murray became homeless late last year when she was evicted from her apartment, saying: “I couldn’t find anywhere to live before Christmas. No landlord that I rang wanted to take me with five kids. I have been on the housing list for nine years and nothing is being done. I should be allowed to provide some kind of home for my kids.”

She was evicted. She receives rent allowance to pay rent. It needs to be clarified why she was evicted.

Ironic that she is complaining "I should be allowed to provide some kind of home for my kids"

She is allowed provide. She wants the state to provide-that the problem.

She receives €700+ children's allowance/month
    €X? rent allowance
    Unemployment
    and god knows what else

With that amount of money it..go rent a house
    Sorry didn't read it fully. Right off to hand in my notice :) Where is nearest Dole office?? Joke

LIMERICK FATHER RESUMES PICKET OVER HOUSING ISSUE
    25 April 2012
    A Limerick father of eight children is back picketing City Hall after his meeting with housing officials last week.
    Jason Casey is accusing the council of discriminating against large families because he has been on the housing waiting list for ten years.
    Currently he has five daughters in one bedroom of his rented three bed house and he is hoping for a larger home in the Garryowen area.
    Jason began his campaign on St Patrick's Day and says his meeting with housing officials did not give him any reason to quit..

If you listen to the interview on the radio, his suggestions to the council have been: knock 2 houses together or build him a new one:D:D

This seems to be spreading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Lay abouts asking for free stuff? Nothing new :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

Let's see what facts have been independently verified.

13-year-old has been diagnosed with ADHD? No.
    13-year-old is having hallucinations? No.
    Heating system was incorrectly installed? No.
    Walls were unplastered? No.
    Floor needed to be replaced? No.
    House needed to be repainted? No.

What's our source for accepting these things apart from Serinna? None.

Well that seems to settle it then. The poor woman is having an awful time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

bamboozle wrote: »

What's the bet that she only got a 2 bedroom apartment and is planning to shove 2 kids in the 2nd bedroom and the other 2 on the sofa bed in the living room?!

dj jarvis wrote: »
    your just not getting it are you ?

it does not need to be proven one way or the other , its about a child.
    its about a child that we are not its parents so we don't need to discus its problems or lack of , adults are fair game in my book but

kids no matter what are off limits - insinuations about kids are just wrong

dont bring the children's medical health into the debate - but i thought everyone would understand this - obviously not

I didn't bring the child's health into the debate. You're just not getting it, are you?

I didn't bring the child's health into the debate. You're just not getting it, are you?

oh i have it all right , it called a moral compass , i don't condone or debate a child's mental health or otherwise on a public forum , ESPECIALLY when the child can be identified - in this case he can.

the mental health of this or any child ( that can be identified ) , has no place being mentioned

a overall debate on the subject is fine , knock lumps out of the adults all people want - just don't be Pr1cks and start it on individual children
    people were dropping insinuations about THIS CHILD that he was or his mother was faking it to gain favor , HOW THE **** DO THEY KNOW THIS ??

your the one not getting it really

oh by the way - the original comment was not directed entirely at you , so stop being so sensitive

and no offense , but reading my posts and yours, i can safely say im the one getting it here.

as for this

"13-year-old has been diagnosed with ADHD? No.

What's our source for accepting these things apart from Serinna? None. "

whats your source ? how do you know the child is not hallucinating ?
    and the heating ? , did you install it ?
    pics of the walls please,
    same for the floors , and i take it you have the report stating the house did not need painting ?

ill wait , im here all night

she does not deserve to be re house based on what she has claimed - but your claims are as mental if not more

the mental health of this or any child ( that can be identified ) , has no place being mentioned

You're dead right. Maybe you might remind his mother of this. After all she was the one who brought it up in the first place.

oh i have it all right , it called a moral compass , i don't condone or debate a child's mental health or otherwise on a public forum , ESPECIALLY when the child can be identified - in this case he can unfortunately by his mother

the mental health of this or any child ( that can be identified ) , has no place being mentioned even though it the reason his mother needs a new room.

a overall debate on the subject is fine , knock lumps out of the adults all people want - just don't be Pr1cks and start it on individual children
    people were dropping insinuations about THIS CHILD that he was or his mother was faking it to gain favor , HOW THE **** DO THEY KNOW THIS ??

whats your source ? how do you know the child is not hallucinating ?Hallucinations sympton of ADHD? Has see looked in to what drugs she is pumping to him
    and the heating ? , did you install it ? Even though it was faulty it didn't stop her using it
    same for the floors , and i take it you have the report stating the house did not need painting ?
    Maybe, but painting - she should do it not look to be reimbursed for clothes etc. Is she willing to put any effort in to her home?

You're dead right. Maybe you might remind his mother of this. After all she was the one who brought it up in the first place.

the mother was not the one insinuating that his " fits " were a con , posters were

and nice side step of the question , lets see YOUR proof seeing your so sure of the facts you presented please

the mother was not the one insinuating that his " fits " were a con , posters were

and nice side step of the question , lets see YOUR proof seeing your so sure of the facts you presented please

Proof doesn't come into it. I'm asking a question.

Serinna claimed these things so let's see the independent verification of her claims.

Am I speaking slowly enough?

Maybe, but painting - she should do it not look to be reimbursed for clothes etc. Is she willing to put any effort in to her home?

i agree , if you read my last post i said ( again for the millionth time ) she deserves not to be re homed - end of that debate

my problem ( and it does not matter that she brought it up ) is with the smart arsed comment about a CHILD - what part of fu2k off and leave the question of a childs mental health,how are you people not getting this

have the debate - fine , but comments on this about the kids are just low , even for AH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

oh i have it all right , it called a moral compass , i don't condone or debate a child's mental health or otherwise on a public forum , ESPECIALLY when the child can be identified - in this case he can.

your the one not getting it really

oh by the way - the original comment was not directed entirely at you , so stop being so sensitive

and no offense , but reading my posts and yours, i can safely say im the one getting it here.

as for this

whats your source ? how do you know the child is not hallucinating ?
    and the heating ? , did you install it ?

ill wait , im here all night

she does not deserve to be re house based on what she has claimed - but your claims are as mental if not more

She brought it up FFS! She mentioned him by name! She mentioned his condition! No one pryed into her life and extracted this info! She gave it up willingly! Why? To attempt to get support. Why else would she have done an interview on radio or in the paper? So people have the right to question if what she's saying is true. People are questioning her, not the child.

• Advertisement

Proof doesn't come into it. I'm asking a question.

Serinna claimed these things so let's see the independent verification of her claims.

Am I speaking slowly enough?

but you were the one LOOKING for proof you gob****e
    lets see your proof of what you posted - normally people back up what they say with proof , you have none, and never will have , so are talking out your arse

is that slowly enough for you - put up or shut up

If you have evidence of independent verification, I'll be happy to accept it. But to the best of my knowledge, these claims by Serinna are unsupported by independent confirmation.

If you know otherwise, please share this information and that will be an end of the matter. I'll be more than happy to withdraw my comments and apologise.

This is the information I'm asking for.

Who has confirmed Serinna's story that the child gets hallucinations?
    Who has confirmed Serinna's story that he's a danger to his sibling?
    Who has confirmed Serinna's story that the heating was installed incorrectly?
    Who has confirmed Serinna's story that the walls were unplastered?
    Who has confirmed Serinna's story that the floors needed to be replaced?

And as I said already, it was Serinna who brought the child's mental health into the public domain. Nobody else.

token101 wrote: »
    She brought it up FFS! She mentioned him by name! She mentioned his condition! No one pryed into her life and extracted this info! She gave it up willingly! Why? To attempt to get support. Why else would she have done an interview on radio or in the paper? So people have the right to question if what she's saying is true. People are questioning her, not the child.

oh sorry doctor token101 - i did not realize you had made a clinical diagnoses , and gained permission from your patient to post your diagnoses

tell you what , next time the debate is on her local radio , why dont you and the others questioning how well the child is, go live on air and have this debate , and see how far you get , irregardless if the mother brought it up.

you can not talk about the mental health of individual children in a public forum , a child that can be identified WITHOUT the prior consent of the legal guardians - so off you go and quick as you like you will be speaking to a solicitor

but its real easy to do it anomalously knowing that your covered , real slick

What ever about the child

This is sickening in itself

”Serinna confirmed she is taking legal advice with a view to taking action against Limerick City Council. She wants €2,000 as a repayment for when she was forced to pay for a new floor, paint works, and the clothes she had to replace as a result.

Good luck with that, Serinna.

Because she'll probably get it?

Good luck with that, Serinna.

With free legal aid, she'll probably have a good chance of getting paid out

If you have evidence of independent verification, I'll be happy to accept it. But to the best of my knowledge, these claims by Serinna are unsupported by independent confirmation.

If you know otherwise, please share this information and that will be an end of the matter. I'll be more than happy to withdraw my comments and apologise.

This is the information I'm asking for.

Who has confirmed Serinna's story that the child gets hallucinations?
    Who has confirmed Serinna's story that he's a danger to his sibling?
    Who has confirmed Serinna's story that the heating was installed incorrectly?
    Who has confirmed Serinna's story that the walls were unplastered?
    Who has confirmed Serinna's story that the floors needed to be replaced?

And as I said already, it was Serinna who brought the child's mental health into the public domain. Nobody else.

you posted no to the following questions

House needed to be repainted? No

you provide the proof. that your NO answers are correct , not up to any one else to do this , but i have a feeling you cant , for obvious reasons
    becasue you are talking out you arse

and as i have already answered , the woman in question can say what she wants ABOUT HER CHILD - nobody else can , full stop , simple as that

you think im wrong , as i said , go live about your insinuations and stop hiding behind you AH persona and see how quick you get sued

there are privicy laws about children's health for a reason

i NEVER said or insinuated the child had anything or nothing , im not that crass or stupid

What ever about the child

This is sickening in itself

”Serinna confirmed she is taking legal advice with a view to taking action against Limerick City Council. She wants €2,000 as a repayment for when she was forced to pay for a new floor, paint works, and the clothes she had to replace as a result.

i agree 100% - as i have said from day one of this debate , shes a hand out SW professional , but she is one of very very many

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

i agree 100% - as i have said from day one of this debate , shes a hand out SW professional , but she is one of very very many

Prove it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement