Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

You're making assumptions. I'm not on a crusade. I don't like unfounded accusations against people, and I don't like horrible insults levelled at people.
    I also hate when people get ridiculously angry about imaginary problems.

So I look to the facts, to see if they match what the majority are saying about single mothers. I find that they do not. So I post them as they're relevant, surely, to a "discussion" about single mothers.

I don't really see that as a crusade, except perhaps one for common sense and critical thinking.

And I'm always going to put more stock in official facts and figures than in someone who admits to not being an authority on either single mothers or social welfare.
    That seems like such basic common sense I feel it ought hardly need to be stated.

Are you an authority on SW and single mothers?

And like whatdoicare said already the figures you have posted are going around in circles and are clutching at straws.

In my eyes you have feck all credibility.

And yes you do sound like you are on a crusade.

Let us know what the weather is like up there on your big white horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Dan133269 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure she's full of **** on that point too. If there was a real danger of carbon monoxide poisoning, I'm sure her ilk would have no hesitation taking the corporation to court for negligence and a nice pay day for her.

Or some/all of them would be dead :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

LimGal wrote: »
    1. Are you an authority on SW and single mothers?

2. And like whatdoicare said already the figures you have posted are going around in circles and are clutching at straws.

In my eyes you have feck all credibility.

And yes you do sound like you are on a crusade.

3. Let us know what the weather is like up there on your big white horse!

1. No, which is why I quote the authorative facts and figures, and which is why I haven't made any assumptions about the woman in this case.

2. I've said Whatdoicare misinterpreted the figures: they're consistent and you can go back and look at them yourself.

3. Finally, it's f**king awesome up here on my high horse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

on 4FM now, this is hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

4 beds 4 people. Hmmm. Maths works out.
    But where's uncle Albert gonna sleep.

I am angry at the system - if you read my posts you would understand that! I even said it in my original post.

if your angry at the system why dont you go to your td and ask them to do something about it ? like all the rest of the posters on this thread who bemoan this womans sense of entitlement why dont you all go your tds and complain about it ? i cant believe that none of you are aware of the fact they have already cut the social welfare payments to many of the most vunerable in society jesus they even tried to take it off the diasabled children i am sure if there enough public outcry you lot could maybe get her with her sense of entitlement to live with himself in his tent would that make you lot happy?

Historically this has always happened in times of hardship society looks for scapegoats and easy ones at that . get enough outrage going and its these scapegoats that are responsible for the ****e we are all in , im not going to fall for it . no matter what anedotal evidence is given i will take it as read the house isnt fit for her children or herself . we own all of us through nama millions of empty houses let her have one of those .

No, which is why I quote the authorative facts and figures, and which is why I haven't made any assumptions about the woman in this case.

I've said Whatdoicare misinterpreted the figures: they're consistent and you can go back and look at them yourself.

Finally, it's f**king awesome up here on my high horse!

1.Oh so you are not an authority!

2.You are basing your argument on figures that you have been already called out on!

3.Like I said you have feck all credibility in my eyes!

4.Careful you dont fall off from the stench of horsesh!t you are spouting:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

krudler wrote: »

That woman is not helping herself. Hallucinations! Shouldn't be given airtime. Only legitimises her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Like I said, I do think the numbers matter when the reaction is so disproportionate and hate-filled.

It's wrong that people treat the system so, but not many people do and it doesn't cost us all much.

As for choosing to do the interview; that's true.

As for her having a sense of entitlement: we don't know it that's true.

So either she does just greedily want a bigger house, or else she is genuinely trying to draw attention to the issue of substandard housing in the area.

I don't have all the facts about her so I can't say for sure which she's doing.

Well there's always extremes. I'd consider anyone trying to portray her as a hard luck case who just happened to have 5 kids as equally extreme to someone saying she should sow her legs together or whatever. She's in a minority? Well that doesn't make it right or acceptable. It shouldn't matter if it's 1 or 100. Fix the house, make it inhabitable and after that she's on her own. I'd hazard a guess that money isn't the primary reason for outrage from most people. It's not even that she's allowed to do it by the system. It's the fact that she feels she should have this, that it's somehow her right. She wouldn't be starting a Facebook group or taking any action at all if that feeling wasn't there. That's an abhorrence in any welfare system.

• Advertisement

Christ people from Limerick shouldnt be allowed on the radio, and I'm saying this as being born and bred from there :pac:

Oh so you are not an authority!

You are basing your argument on figures that you have been already called out on!

Like I said you have feck all credibility in my eyes!

Careful you dont fall off from the stench of horsesh!t you are spouting:rolleyes::rolleyes:

How exactly?

Compare the post(s) they were called out in with the link I provided earlier.

Or just look at my recent post in which I explained how Whatdoicare's knowledge of the figures was inaccurate.

At the very least, please back up any one of the assertions you've made on this thread with some evidence, and I'll concede the relevant point to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

And now on 4fm........... "Crowded house" with "Always take the weather with you".

How exactly?

Compare the post(s) they were called out in with the link I provided earlier.

Or just look at my recent post in which I explained how Whatdoicare's knowledge of the figures was inaccurate.

At the very least, please back up any one of the assertions you've made on this thread with some evidence, and I'll concede the relevant point to you.

Please back up your assertion that she didnt plan these kids to get better accomadation!

We can play this game all night mate;)

token101 wrote: »
    Well there's always extremes. I'd consider anyone trying to portray her as a hard luck case who just happened to have 5 kids as equally extreme to someone saying she should sow her legs together or whatever. She's in a minority? Well that doesn't make it right or acceptable. It shouldn't matter if it's 1 or 100. Fix the house, make it inhabitable and after that she's on her own. I'd hazard a guess that money isn't the primary reason for outrage from most people. It's not even that she's allowed to do it by the system. It's the fact that she feels she should have this, that it's somehow her right. She wouldn't be starting a Facebook group or taking any action at all if that feeling wasn't there. That's an abhorrence in any welfare system.

I agree that anyone portraying her as a hard luck case would probably be naive as we don't know too much about her.

As to her feeling entitled to better housing, if the house as it is is fine, then she has a sense of entitlement.

But if it is substandard as the article suggests, then I think she's right to ask for improvements.
    Originally posted by LimGal
    Please back up your assertion that she didnt plan these kids to get better accomadation!

We can play this game all night mate

Because you're choosing to ignore facts and distort my words.

I never said she didn't have the kids to get a better house.

I said I don't know if she did or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

mikom wrote: »
    Maybe I'm going blind but I don't see either of them.....
    Don't leave me hangin'

Caption under the photo gives her full name

• Advertisement

I agree that anyone portraying her as a hard luck case would probably be naive as we don't know too much about her.

As to her feeling entitled to better housing, if the house as it is is fine, then she has a sense of entitlement.

But if it is substandard as the article suggests, then I think she's right to ask for improvements.

Well thats where you and the majority of posters on this thread disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

hope they don't do anything for her, doesn't deserve it! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Caption under the photo gives her full name

Cool, thanks.
    No luck on the facebook page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

<snip>

Is this her?

mod edit: Whether it is or it isn't, I'm not having you link to it from her so people can abuse here with the kind of shite that went on earlier.

Well thats where you and the majority of posters on this thread disagree.

In that I prefer to rely on facts and not make unfounded assumptions about people?

I've always been funny like that.

• Advertisement

Because you're choosing to ignore facts and distort my words.

I never said she didn't have the kids to get a better house.

I said I don't know if she did or not.

I never said that every single mother was like her.

I said that there is quite alot of people like her that take the p!ss when it comes to housing and benefits.

You are trying to make out that if the main portion of SMs dont take the piss then its all ok.

Its not and thats what people are so mad about.

People cant give out about people like her because white knights like yourself come and say well here look at these figures they aint all like her so shame on the lot of ye for getting mad at X amount of them bein dole scroungers.

Your PC cr*p astounds me to be honest.

entitlement , funny word that been bandied about willy nilly on this thread god forbid any of us would feel entitled to something like, health care. free education , third level education , roads , l guarentee there is not one of us on this thread that hasnt availed of these serivices at some time or other and accepted them as we felt we were entitled to them otherwise or we wouldnt use them . and tell me you havent and i will call you a liar cause we all have . we live in a first world country we all stuffed with a sense of entitlement .

Christ people from Limerick shouldnt be allowed on the radio, and I'm saying this as being born and bred from there :pac:

All insults aside......'How my greeday?' :pac: The accent doesn't lend itself too well to radio!

Enjoy your crusade Moo!

Goodnight and good luck;)

entitlement , funny word that been bandied about willy nilly on this thread god forbid any of us would feel entitled to something like, health care. free education , third level education , roads , l guarentee there is not one of us on this thread that hasnt availed of these serivices at some time or other and accepted them as we felt we were entitled to them otherwise or we wouldnt use them . and tell me you havent and i will call you a liar cause we all have . we live in a first world country we all stuffed with a sense of entitlement .

health care is paid for by tax we pay, same as roads, there's no such thing as free education and third level has its own fees, whats your point?

I never said that every single mother was like her.

I said that there is quite alot of people like her that take the p!ss when it comes to housing and benefits.

You are trying to make out that if the main portion of SMs dont take the piss then its all ok.

Its not and thats what people are so mad about.

People cant give out about people like her because white knights like yourself come and say well here look at these figures they aint all like her so shame on the lot of ye for getting mad at X amount of them bein dole scroungers.

Your PC cr*p astounds me to be honest.

I've never said people feeling entitled to generous Social Welfare entitlements were vindicated by their small numbers.

I've repeatedly stated that I'm disgusted that there's invariably a pathetic and disturbingly nasty reaction to single mothers on AH, out of all proportion to the numbers of single mothers with a sense of entitlement.

And I've been exasperated by people ignoring facts which go against their angry feelings, feelings which I'm certain have been, in many cases, whipped up by the media distorting and over-reporting stories which wind people up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Enjoy your crusade Moo!

Mr Moo isn't the one looking to nail single Mothers to a cross.
    [French croisade and Spanish cruzada, both ultimately from Latin crux, cruc-, cross.]

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

I've never said people feeling entitled to generous Social Welfare entitlements were vindicated by their small numbers.

I've repeatedly stated that I'm disgusted that there's invariably a pathetic and disturbingly nasty reaction to single mothers on AH, out of all proportion to the numbers of single mothers with a sense of entitlement.

And I've been exasperated by people ignoring facts which go against their angry feelings, feelings which I'm certain have been, in many cases, whipped up by the media distorting and over-reporting stories which wind people up.

no ,its just lots of people don't agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

OK so 2 of the kids are not hers....

So all the 5 mistakes stuff is null

She was very aggressive though... there is alas some kind of a plan for Moyross. i.e. knock the houses and blend the residents into the wider community.. which tbh neither they or the wider community want

For her to say ala Andy (Little Britain) 'I want that one' is a bit naive - sorry love its earmarked for destruction. Do you want the council to reverse its policy because you got preggers?

From memory they get about E600 per week and have a house, medical cards etc

She has a 3 bedroom house. Will never worry about a mortgage. She has more than most. I want. I want. FFS :mad:

dj jarvis wrote: »
    no ,its just lots of people don't agree with you

Disagreeing is fine.

Ignoring direct questions, making presumptions and disregarding facts and inside relying on vague senses of the number of dole-scrounging single mothers in the country based on visual observation is not so fine, in my opinion.

Not to mention all the rolleyes!!

• Advertisement

D1stant wrote: »
    OK so 2 of the kids are not hers....

I caught the very end of that, so where did they come from? Are they relatives? Where are their parents? Was that explained?

I caught the very end of that, so where did they come from? Are they relatives? Where are their parents? Was that explained?

They are her husbands/partners kids. The DJ said husband

Well why isn't he providing for the family then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Disagreeing is fine.

Ignoring direct questions, making presumptions and disregarding facts and inside relying on vague senses of the number of dole-scrounging single mothers in the country based on visual observation is not so fine, in my opinion.

Not to mention all the rolleyes!!

all good reasons - but could also attribute the same to many people posting in support of her , her demands and life style - and yes the rolleyes are getting annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Mr Moo isn't the one looking to nail single Mothers to a cross.

;)

No just a headboard. :pac:

You go Moo, keep up the good fight, the generalisations on this thread are, expected. Hateful shower some of us Irish.

health care is paid for by tax we pay, same as roads, there's no such thing as free education and third level has its own fees, whats your point?

thought it was clear ? we all have a sense of entitelment what you mean there is no such thing as free education ? all state primary and secoundry schools are free to attend . third level may have fees but there are grants available and they dont cover the costs not even near as they pay the staff excellenet salaries which i am sure they are entitled to.

my point is we all have a sense of entitlement the very fact you think your and my taxes are the only things that pay for these services smacks of a sense of entitlement when in fact they are paid by many other sources including the european fund ,ompanies taxes ,and farming revenue etc etc its like when people say to guards dont forget who pays your wages .

but let me agree with you its your taxes and mine that pay for these services that we avail so freely of and therefore that gives you and me the right to judge what others are entitled to? and condone others who have less than us for their sense of entitlement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Well there's a shocker, took over 380 posts before someone in the 'sow up her gee' brigade queries the fathers responsibilities.

Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Is the father & mother of those two children contributing to their upbrining financially?

He does. He contributes his (our) dole money. He gets (from memory) 224 per week, and she gets 368.

Thats roughly 2500 per month. Who has that after paying the mortgage and medical bills?

• Advertisement

Well there's a shocker, took over 380 posts before someone in the 'sow up her gee' brigade queries the fathers responsibilities.

Unreal.

Can you point me to the post where I said 'sow up her gee'? If not don't quote me as part of a 'sow up her brigade' or whatever sh*tty daft name you want to call it. It's totally disingenuous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

micropig wrote: »
    Is the father & mother of those two children contributing to their upbrining financially?

probably not.....but i bet the fathers of other children are contributing through their paye taxes,,,,,,,

probably not.....but i bet the fathers of other children are contributing through their paye taxes,,,,,,,

& the mother, I'm sure she's paying maintenance from her job in the city:pac:

He does. He contributes his (our) dole money. He gets (from memory) 224 per week, and she gets 368.

Thats roughly 2500 per month. Who has that after paying the mortgage and medical bills?

That's only slightly less than both my parents pull in from working (one part time admittedly). Wow, I'm actually shocked it's that much! I genuinely thought that couples getting 28000 a year on welfare was a tabloid myth! Jesus!

Edit: of the figures quoted are right, that's €30,784 without any tax? That can't be right surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I don't criticise this woman, she is playing the system, the system has created this attitude of entitlement.

That's only slightly less than both my parents pull in from working (one part time admittedly). Wow, I'm actually shocked it's that much! I genuinely thought that couples getting 28000 a year on welfare was a tabloid myth! Jesus!

& childrens allowance
    & maintence
    & free commuion dresses/prams
    & Fuel Allowance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Unreal.

Can you point me to the post where I said 'sow up her gee'? If not don't quote me as part of a 'sow up her brigade' or whatever sh*tty daft name you want to call it. It's totally disingenuous.

I didn't quote you. But it's quite obvious what camp you are in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

44leto wrote: »
    I don't criticise this woman, she is playing the system, the system has created this attitude of entitlement.

no need to critisise her.....just stop paying the family...more than people going to work and those genuinly unemployed get.....

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

micropig wrote: »
    & childrens allowance
    & maintence
    & free commuion dresses/prams
    & Fuel Allowance..
    unmarried mothers book
    domicilory allowence
    Medical card. 10 euro rent a week. No house tax.
    My dog needs a haircut allowence.
    If she wants a kitchen table she justs pops down to the clinic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

People like this woman really annoy me. Does she have any idea how the rest of us live in this country. We work hard, save our money and get a mortage which we pay back over 20 to 40 years. Because of this we can't have a large number of children as we can't afford to bring them up.
    Nearly all the parents I know are both working, are paying there tax's and there children know you work hard to pay for your house, car ect.
    Meanwhile you have this woman with a free house complaining about a the size of her house as she keeps having children. The rest of us don't keep having children we can't afford.

44leto wrote: »

I'm suddenly warming to Joan Burton :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement