Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

no need to critisise her.....just stop paying the family...more than people going to work and those genuinly unemployed get.....

Yes
    But the system doesn't seem to net them out, in that there doesn't seem to be a way to stop her. What she is getting she is entitled to. That is what is wrong.

But how could you, don't have anymore children, supply money for abortion, chase down the father and compel him to pay maintenance, a cut off in children's or rent allowance payments.

I am all ears.

Personally I would prefer the American system, but I know I am a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I didn't quote you. But it's quite obvious what camp you are in

You did :pac:

I'm in the camp that says if you can't afford kids, don't have them. And if you decide to do so anyway, take responsibility for your actions and stop feeling like society owes you something. It doesn't. If you want to label that the 'sow up her gee brigade' or some other stupid and childish name, off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

In June she gets an extra 1,700 euro domcilory respite grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

44leto wrote: »

Not sure I'd go that far, but, assuming the figures are right, €30,000, or anything approaching it, is insanity. Why would anyone work? Welfare is far more profitable, which is a dire situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

Yes
    But the system doesn't seem to net them out, in that there doesn't seem to be a way to stop her. What she is getting she is entitled to. That is what is wrong.

But how could you, don't have anymore children, supply money for abortion, chase down the father and compel him to pay maintenance, a cut off in children's or rent allowance payments.

I am all ears.

I agree with you..and if she wants a bigger house then buy one Im sure she has more coming in than what I do and I work full time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

D1stant wrote: »
    He does. He contributes his (our) dole money. He gets (from memory) 224 per week, and she gets 368.

Thats roughly 2500 per month. Who has that after paying the mortgage and medical bills?

Out of curiosity, where did these figures come from?
    Who said they were getting this payment and what payment is it exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

token101 wrote: »
    I didn't quote you. But it's quite obvious what camp you are in

You did :pac:

No I didn't, but i'm not going to sit up all night arguing with you.

The problem with these kind of stories being highlighted is that it gets people totally wound up at social welfare recipients, instead of their ire being directed at the government.

These sensationalist stories do nothing but cause ill will between 'us' and 'them'

D1stant wrote: »
    Well why isn't he providing for the family then?

He does. He contributes his (our) dole money. He gets (from memory) 224 per week, and she gets 368.

Thats roughly 2500 per month. Who has that after paying the mortgage and medical bills?
    If ever there was a statement to sum up most of the posters sense of entitlement to berate and abuse this woman it's right there our dole ? What u seriously think only our taxes pay for the dole ? Not by a long shot
    If the system is that flawed as you all seem to think it is do something about it .
    I personally would be as concerned if not more so with the huge bonuses which were just paid to those running Nama with "our"money and the other banks state owned which have also paid out millions in state bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, where did these figures come from?
    Who said they were getting this payment and what payment is it exactly?

She said it earlier on the radio

4fm have a player so you can listen to it yourself when they put it up. Niall Boylan hosts the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

She'd really want to make her facebook private.
    <snip>

Mod edit: Don't post links to people's facebook pages.

No prob, sorry, didnt know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

So am I right that this is a couple and he gets 224 and she gets 368?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

She'd really want to make her facebook private.

Serinna Corbett answered 2 questions.
    2 March 2012 - 23 April 2012
    A 78 year old woman in Donegal who won over 2 million in the lotto had her pension taken off her! So is it fair? Should someone who wins the lotto lose any benefits they receive?
    No, it;s their right to still get benefits

Will you be going on holiday in 2012?
    Yes

Brilliant!!!

micropig wrote: »
    That's only slightly less than both my parents pull in from working (one part time admittedly). Wow, I'm actually shocked it's that much! I genuinely thought that couples getting 28000 a year on welfare was a tabloid myth! Jesus!

& childrens allowance
    & maintence. Gone
    & free commuion dresses/prams Gone
    & Fuel Allowance..
    Gone
    Do you not read the papers these have all been cut or gone I would love to see where the figures quoted of what they receive in black and White .

She also has free tv licence and 400 units of electricity per bill.
    Adhd my arse. the medical industary comes up with a new name for hyperactive kids. And they have pills for that. Adhd is a con.
    That kid picks his nose, give it a name and give him expensive pills for the rest of his life.
    What Johnny your dog got knocked down and his dead.
    Dont worry Johnny, take these pills, they will kill the pain.
    No Johnny your pain is not a natural process, grief is bad.
    Just take the little pills johnny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

Yes

I am all ears.

your reply implied that she had to be paid...she doesn't the law can be changed.......they havent made a law to pay working people money for nothing.....so laws can be unmade.....

the money she is getting at the moment, is most likely borrowed off the imf....do not borrow so much money..easy.....

it just needs politicians to have the guts to do it....

why is it that only people like her family..have a guarenteed income and housing.....it stinks to high heaven....the system of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

If ever there was a statement to sum up most of the posters sense of entitlement to berate and abuse this woman it's right there our dole ? What u seriously think only our taxes pay for the dole ? Not by a long shot
    If the system is that flawed as you all seem to think it is do something about it .
    I personally would be as concerned if not more so with the huge bonuses which were just paid to those running Nama with "our"money and the other banks state owned which have also paid out millions in state bonuses.

Oh Jesus. Nama now :confused:

The dole is paid from the public purse, so its a combination of taxpayer and borrowing

This family is being heavily subsided by that purse and have the cheek to want more. I don't blame them - they are milking the cow, and this is where we have come to?

So its all OK with you is it?

I'm not sure if I'm more angry with the system or with the liberal viewpoint.

p.s. General question not for you specifically:- How much is 32,000 after tax minus mortgage and medical in the PAYE world?

Oh Jesus. Nama now :confused:

The dole is paid from the public purse, so its a combination of taxpayer and borrowing

This family is being heavily subsided by that purse and have the cheek to want more. I don't blame them - they are milking the cow, and this is where we have come to?

So its all OK with you is it?

I'm not sure if I'm more angry with the system or with the liberal viewpoint.

p.s. General question not for you specifically:- How much is 32,000 after tax minus mortgage and medical in the PAYE world?[/Quote]

Not sure sorry . Not sure if I am more angry at the goverment the media or the people who chose to scapegoat individuals rather than have a intelligent discussion about whether the welfare system is too generous in this country .

Am i a Liberal I dunno to be honest ? I would defend the rights of her children 100 per cent and for their right to a safe envoirment . Would I defend someone abusing a corrupt system no .

Does it irk me this constant use of entitlement as if we all arrnt guilty of it ? Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

IF this womans case to be believed, and she is so hard done by, why are her friends and neighbours not out raising funds for her, this is what used to be done in the 1980's and 1990's. This might be a better solution than forcing money out of peoples pockets that can ill afford it through taxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Only pensioners are entitled to those benefits. She wouldn't be getting either of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Think of it this way;
    If you are earning circa 35k per annum and 2 more of your friends are earning around the same,

All of your combined tax take is going directly to this family, nowhere else, not the improvment of this country, but soley and directly to keep this family in the lifestyle they have chosen.

You and 2 others are working so this family does not have to.

Makes you feel all warm inside, doesn't it.

give little antony a couple of cans of red bull, than into the doc and say look at him doc he is always like this. cant stand still for a moment. ADAH THE PIGS BACK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

give little antony a couple of cans of red bull, than into the doc and say look at him doc he is always like this. cant stand still for a moment. ADAH THE PIGS BACK.

How many kids diagnosed with ADHD have you dealt with?

I've taught a few and the difference between a genuine sufferer and a regular hyperactive kid is extreme and immediately obvious.

ADHD is also pretty much universally recognised by healthcare experts as being a genuine disorder, with controversy only really arising over how to treat it.

Not that some people don't seek to have it misdiagnosed of course, I'm just pointing out that it's a genuine condition.

Anyway, what a strangely specific detail of the story to focus on. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I'm a tad cynical about ADHD - seems to be a very ' new ' condition and one that I bet is massively over-diagnosed - remember that it suits schools to boost the numbers of Special Needs pupils so they get more staff/funding . The UK Government admit this has been happening there , no reason it's not happening here.

As for this woman -while I dislike some of the bashing of social welfare receipents on boards.ie I have to say she is truly a living advertisement for tubal ligation ( from age 14 ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

. It feels like we are being punished by our government for being responsible, it's just not fair!

It is very unfair and there is something wrong with the saps in this thread who can't see the unfairness of it.

There is a whole load more unfairness on the way with debt forgiveness :mad:
    Thrill wrote: »
    Who said that they were unplanned/accidental pregnancies? She may want to have a large family.

If she can't afford it then she can't have it.

Simple as that.

What is wrong with you kind of people ?
    Why would anyone work? Welfare is far more profitable, which is a dire situation.

Unfortunately i don't think enough people realise this. It needs to change but our politicians are weak and they listen to people like the saps in this thread and these situations are allowed to continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

This woman is a hero.
    The gf and I have been so inspired by her story that we are quitting our jobs, stop paying tax, rent etc and starting a large family we cant afford so we will be entitled to dole, housing and a load of financial allowances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Enough is enough alright. Kick her out on the streets if she's looking for any more freebies.

I'm gonna get me some lady preggers, repeatedly and move into some shoddy kip and get free everything, living the dream I would...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Adhd my arse. the medical industary comes up with a new name for hyperactive kids. And they have pills for that. Adhd is a con.
    That kid picks his nose, give it a name and give him expensive pills for the rest of his life.
    What Johnny your dog got knocked down and his dead.
    Dont worry Johnny, take these pills, they will kill the pain.
    No Johnny your pain is not a natural process, grief is bad.
    Just take the little pills johnny.

What expensive pills are you taking? :eek: I think you should be posting on this thread.

why is it that only people like her family..have a guarenteed income and housing.....it stinks to high heaven....the system of course.

It is not just people like her family who have the safety net of social welfare for the bad times. It's everybody (apart from the those people who are self employed but even that is changing and about time). I hope it doesn't happen to you but maybe there will come a day where your life, or that of someone you love, will implode due to circumstances beyond your control and you will have need of the system and be very grateful for it.

Career welfare recipients are infuriating but are they the majority? More and more working and ex-working people are being forced onto social welfare in order to survive. The problem isn't with getting onto social welfare, it's with getting off it - that is what needs to be changed. The social welfare policy seems to be geared towards paying people to stay down and towards helping them take a step up.

They should bring back the CE schemes and more like them. They were probably the most instrumental in giving people like lone parents the ability and the confidence to take that leap out of the social welfare trap rather than staying entangled and struggling to get out of the sticky spider welfare web. Those schemes, as a by product, also gave the children of genuine long term welfare recipients the best chance of being able to get ahead.

What will abolishing social welfare do besides making those people who are working to survive feel better - it will create a system like that in some countries where there is no recovery from unemployment or ill-health. Do you really want see people in this position or this? This country instead of following policies that will take it back to the days of the workhouses should be forward thinking and looking towards a new model of welfare that supports and encourages people with agencies like the disastrous FÁS (don't mention the war) who actually do what it says on their tin. If they are willing to pay out to keep people for a life time in the sucky swamp of benefits then they should be willing to pay out for a a while to keep those people supported by a true safety net while they rebuild a decent life for themselves and their families and take their first steps towards independence again. It can only be good for the ordinary worker in this country to know that 'their' money is going towards this and that if the unthinkable happens to them that they too will have a chance of rebuilding their lives so that they can live with the dignity that they presently live with.

green123 wrote: »
    It is very unfair and there is something wrong with the saps in this thread who can't see the unfairness of it.

There is a whole load more unfairness on the way with debt forgiveness :mad:

If she can't afford it then she can't have it.

Simple as that.

What is wrong with you kind of people ?

Unfortunately i don't think enough people realise this. It needs to change but our politicians are weak and they listen to people like the saps in this thread and these situations are allowed to continue

You're thinking of China. In Ireland, people are legally allowed to have as many children as they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You're thinking of China. In Ireland, people are legally allowed to have as many children as they want.

The poster didn't say that, you are deliberately moving the goalposts.

The poster mentioned the affordability of having kids, not any legalities on a 1 child only policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

jesus moo give it up, that is just the stupidest statement you have posted in all this debate ,
    no one is questioning is it legal to have kids and you know it , stop being disingenuous with your answers

the question is SHOULD I PAY FOR HER CHILDREN , ill help you with the answer - no ****ing way

she is taking the piss - simple

a holiday ? i would love a ****ing holiday , but i can go becasue I WORK to pay for that silly cow ,
    and the bleeding heart tits just justify her scrounging life style.

i have asked the question 4 or 5 times now and ill ask it once more because you and your cheerleaders have skillfully avoided doing so.

why oh why do i have to pay for this woman to have a large family while she is living on benefits ?

i can just afford to help my family, so why should i also carry her family when her OWN wont do so ??

holidays , hand outs , bigger house's - and you try to justify this ? you and your ilk are really the problem

no wonder everyone one is leaving - the lunatics really are running the asylum

• Advertisement

gurramok wrote: »
    The poster didn't say that, you are deliberately moving the goalposts.

The poster mentioned the affordability of having kids, not any legalities on a 1 child only policy.
    dj jarvis wrote: »
    [/B][/B]

jesus moo give it up, that is just the stupidest statement you have posted in all this debate ,
    no one is questioning is it legal to have kids and you know it , stop being disingenuous with your answers

the question is SHOULD I PAY FOR HER CHILDREN , ill help you with the answer - no ****ing way

a holiday ? i would love a ****ing holiday , but i can go becasue I WORK to pay for that silly cow ,

i have asked the question 4 or 5 times now and ill ask it once more because you and your cheerleaders have skillfully avoided doing so.

why oh why do i have to pay for this woman to have a large family while she is living on benefits ?

i can just afford to help my family, so why should i also carry her family when her OWN wont do so ??

holidays , hand outs , bigger house's - and you try to justify this ? you and your ilk are really the problem

The poster said people can't have children they can't afford, which is factually untrue.
    I don't see how pointing this out is stupid.

I still don't know this woman's full situation.
    But let's assume for a second that she's the lowest of the low, and milking the state for every cent she can get.
    How do you propose to reform social welfare payments in order to save us all money while still ensuring that those in need of assistance still get it, and why is this woman, who's representative of a tiny minority of people in this country, worthy of so much attention?
    And should people on welfare be banned from having holidays? Should we control how they spend their money, or should the unemployed get just enough money to survive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Long term unemployed should be made do council jobs like sweeping roads, If you get pregnant on the dole you should have to take a sexual education class that focuses on contraception, offer out free contraception, dont offer people a chance to move to bigger houses.

Heil Hitler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Think of it this way;
    If you are earning circa 35k per annum and 2 more of your friends are earning around the same,

All of your combined tax take is going directly to this family, nowhere else, not the improvment of this country, but soley and directly to keep this family in the lifestyle they have chosen.

You and 2 others are working so this family does not have to.

Makes you feel all warm inside, doesn't it.

I don't mind paying tax to help the less well off tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

[/B][/B]

I love that word, it is soaked in irony.

Moo wrote this because many people have written stuff complaining that she has been allowed to have more kids.

Moo ain't stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The poster said people can't have children they can't afford, which is factually untrue.

Nice one. Some working couples cannot afford to have kids, they have things called bills where by if they tried to have a kid, they cannot either afford childcare or give up one of their jobs.

I don't see how pointing this out is stupid.

I still don't know this woman's full situation.
    But let's assume for a second that she's the lowest of the low, and milking the state for every cent she can get.
    How do you propose to reform social welfare payments in order to save us all money while still ensuring that those in need of assistance still get it, and why is this woman, who's representative of a tiny minority of people in this country, worthy of so much attention?
    And should people on welfare be banned from having holidays? Should we control how they spend their money, or should the unemployed get just enough money to survive?

for the millionth time#

she should not be having children she can not afford , because as a state we cant afford it ,
    people should not be rewarded for having large family's on welfare , ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT , a cut of point if you like
    its un sustainable and stupid , no matter what gloss you put on it

she is NOT a tiny minority , i live in a 100 plus council estate and 80 PERCENT are SW piss takers , working , cock lodgers , all chancers , its all around me , every day
    not my faulty you live in cloud 9 - grasp reality , dept of SW figures said that 150,000 people are either being over paid or getting benefits they don't deserve

well **** this moo im not paying , you can TRY defend the indefensible but you will not be fooling me and many others

as for you " should people on sw not have holidays " how about this moo , should the people who pay for her ****ing life style also not have the right to a holiday ????? , because i dont get one , and in fairness sittiing on her hole is a holiday enough for her , she is whats wrong with our country and those who try defend this lunacy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

for the millionth time#

she should not be having children she can not afford , because as a state we cant afford it ,
    people should not be rewarded for having large family's on welfare , ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT , a cut of point if you like
    its un sustainable and stupid , no matter what gloss you put on it

she is NOT a tiny minority , i live in a 100 plus council estate and 80 PERCENT are SW piss takers , working , cock lodgers , all chancers , its all around me , every day
    not my faulty you live in cloud 9 - grasp reality , dept of SW figures said that 150,000 people are either being over paid or getting benefits they don't deserve

well **** this moo im not paying , you can TRY defend the indefensible but you will not be fooling me and many others

as for you " should people on sw not have holidays " how about this moo , should the people who pay for her ****ing life style also not have the right to a holiday ????? , because i dont get one , and in fairness sittiing on her hole is a holiday enough for her , she is whats wrong with our country and those who try defend this lunacy
    dept of SW figures said that 150,000 people are either being over paid or getting benefits they don't deserve

Can you provide a link to the evidence for that statement please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

my heart bleeds for her....me hole.....we have a 2 bed apartment(i use the term apartment lightly more like a shoe box) and there's 5 of us here,were told by the council that we weren`t eligible for a transfer because we weren`t overcrowded,then i done a bit of digging and found that they were totally lying to us,firstly we werent measured properly and second they told us that if we do get a transfer then it has to be into another 2 bed place! which is horsesh!te and gets totally contradicted on their website...so finally after a year we are on the transfer list,so hopefully in another 6 or 7 years we might get a chance at having a house...and before anyone pipes up my fiance works and im heading to college in september and have been looking for work everywhere but cant even get an interview, anyway the best way to sort out the social welfare here is to have a massive crackdown on cheats, hire company's to do the detective work and pay them on commission,i guarantee that within a year we would save millions...then any non nationals caught boot them out of the country,any irish caught either make them give up the dole or give up the job there doing, this social welfare system here is the biggest joke in europe no wonder we`re feckin screwed

lividduck wrote: »
    dept of SW figures said that 150,000 people are either being over paid or getting benefits they don't deserve

Can you provide a link to the evidence for that statement please.

ill revise this - JOAN of arc said this a interview in the sindo , im off to work now but I WILL have a look for said interview and post link later

funny in one year they save 750 million in fraud and over payments , did they get that of normal joe soaps who are not on the make ?/? my arse they did , they took it off the chancers that infest the system

and just in case the irony is lost on some , IM OFF TO WORK TO PAY FOR THIS WOMAN'S LIFE STYLE - you just have a good long think about that

at least she will get to see her children today becasue i ****ing wont

** actually - why dont the ones who are not working have a look for it , becasue im busy working **
    j

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Shíte like this makes me more right wing and angry with it by the day. Not something I expected to end up like when I was younger. Over the years I've seen the sense of entitlement that many(and yes I do mean many) Irish people have. They're so used to this they don't even see it in themselves. Some of these even go on to point fingers at the Greeks. We're nearly as bad IME.

This case? "Oh noes, kidz sharing a room". Christ. As for the ADHD? Never heard fits were a symptom. Maybe get a second opinion on that front. Free house, free money, no household charge, many other subsidies and still complaining? Fcuk off. No really. When half the worlds population will go to sleep tonight hungry and many millions of them will do so homeless and they're getting a free ride? Yea, fcuk that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

There is something wrong with the people who are trying to defend this women. They obviously have no sense of fairness and no sense of right and wrong.

There is something wrong when people who are working can't afford a child and the person who is not working can afford a child.

There is something really really wrong when people come on here and try and justify all of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

its good ole' ireland.

may i also point out IMO this is why society is getting more full of scum everyday. the decent people are out working, cant afford to have kids or have smaller families as a result of needing to work. the scum stay at home, fire out kids and repopulate with more poorly mannered kids.

why do we as a nation feel the need to look after these people who choose not to get an education or to work and just fill the country with more un-educated and un-supervised kids who run amok. i mean really, my parent were well off enough and i had to share a room with my brother most of my life. i also had kids very young, 19 and still went to college and worked and now have a decent(ish) job and pay taxes. i dont get to see my kids enough or get to do much in the way of fun because of having to pay taxes for what???? this kind of crap.

makes me sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

WindSock wrote: »
    Yes if only everyone stopped getting pregnant...

Do you want a large family: No
    If you accidently get pregnant will you go over to England for a termination: No
    Will you give the child up for adoption when it is born : No

Ok, you're not allowed to get pregnant, under any circumstance. If you do I will call you a slut and you and your kids deserve to live in a home that is well below standard.
    How are things in Cloud Cuckoo Land anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dubit10 wrote: »
    Heil Hitler
    This is the problem. Asking people to pull their weight and not take the complete piss out of the tax paying public is now comparable to fascism.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

What pipes are blocked and leaking carbon monoxide? If she has a blocked chimney, she wouldn't be able to light a fire. If she means the central heating she's talking nonsense since those pipes are full of water.

i cannot understand how anyone thinks that this woman is one of millions and it their fault we are all in this mess ? single mothers with more than 4 children account to just over 800 recipients of social welfare do anyone honestly think that by stopping their payments everything wrong with the country would somehow be resolved ?

The main recipients of social welfare are the pensioners what do all suggest mass euthanasia of them ? have they all pulled their weight ?

If you feel the system is flawed complain to your td if you know someone defrauding the sate report them . There are no easy answers but what other than my previous statement do you suggest ? that people on welfare who make it a lifestyle choice be publically indentified maybe by wearing a badge a certain type of clothing ?

My father grew up in a small house with 11 kids. They used to joke about how they'd put the smallest one in a set of drawers to sleep. I'm still not sure if they're being serious or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What pipes are blocked and leaking carbon monoxide? If she has a blocked chimney, she wouldn't be able to light a fire. If she means the central heating she's talking nonsense since those pipes are full of water.

Exhaust vent for the gas boiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I slept with 2 brothers in the same room, but I adapted, I learned to **** without moving a sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

I admire a woman with get up and go :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement