Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for a curry.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Blackheath wrote: »
    Cafe Goa is amazing, I now live in London and I have yet to find a place as good as Cafe Goa and i have tried a lot of places. I miss it loads.

Have you tried any of the curry houses in Brick Lane yet?

I must try Cafe Goa soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Where is cafe Goa in waterford???

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

Cafe Goa is down on the Quay, I think it's directly across from the bus station but not 100% on that... it's down that way anyways you won't miss it.... If you pass Planet spice or Eastenders you've gone too far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Eastenders is still my favourite Indian in the town

Lamb Madras is lovely there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Kashmir Tandoori for me. Didn't think much of Goa myself the last time I got grub there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I'm always singing Cafe Goas praises on the restaruants section herer. IMO the best place in the country for an Indian. I love getting the vindaloos and hot dishes, if you are not into spicy hot stuff just say it to them, they will tweek the spices for you and make it to your spec.

Im not being funny or anything but could you please let me know how you could possibly claim this restaurant to have the best curry IN THE COUNTRY? what qualifies you to say this?

Are you a food critic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Im not being funny or anything but could you please let me know how you could possibly claim this restaurant to have the best curry IN THE COUNTRY? what qualifies you to say this?

Are you a food critic?

The same thing which qualifies you to contribute and share your ideas on this and other sections of this forum, and thats that its my OPINION.

Looking at some of my the other positive reviews on this tread of the Cafe Goa and the other reviews on the restaurant threads I don't think I'm far wrong, but thats my OPINION aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

The same thing which qualifies you to contribute and share your ideas on this and other sections of this forum, and thats that its my OPINION.

Looking at some of my the other positive reviews on this tread of the Cafe Goa and the other reviews on the restaurant threads I don't think I'm far wrong, but thats my OPINION aswell.

No im not making fun of you, im not trying to be smart, Im interested in what you and the others have to say about which is the nicest restaurant as i would like to know this but

how do you know in the WHOLE COUNTRY??? have you tried all curry houses in the whole country and are therefore able to compare them? thats not about having an opinion thats about being able to say ive been to all the restraunts in the whole country and then on basis of flavour using my opinion i choose this one, but you still have to eat in alot of curry houses first before you can make a statement like the best in IRELAND??
    I value your opinion and thought because you had said something as VAST as this that you were some sort of food critic.

Sorry if ive upset you somehow please continue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Eastenders is, in my opinion, better than Goa - but not by much. Goa is very cramped, uncomfortable I think.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Blackheath wrote: »
    Cafe Goa is amazing, I now live in London and I have yet to find a place as good as Cafe Goa and i have tried a lot of places. I miss it loads.

Ah come on, it is nice but just is plain curry. Try Zaika in Kensington, now that is Indian not this Irish-Indian muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 metta

Good thread :)
    I think Cafe Goa is the best I've had in Ireland... I normally prefer Thai (Sabai being my favourite), but for Indian - Cafe Goa is fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Amazing the amount of people here recommending muck.

Kashmir Tandoori on high street is one of the best indians I have ever eaten and is consistent. I have heard great things about Cafe Goa thou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

O Riain wrote: »
    Amazing the amount of people here recommending muck.

Kashmir Tandoori on high street is one of the best indians I have ever eaten and is consistent. I have heard great things about Cafe Goa thou.

People involved in liking different things shocker! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I posted this in the restaurant section, but thought it deserved a post here too

We tried Little India on Saturday (takeaway), on Parnell Street. Husband had the chicken jalfrezi, which he really enjoyed. I had the chicken fire eater. At last a curry in Waterford that is truely HOT. 2 mains with 2 rice & 2 garlic naan - €24.00, which is good value, compared to some of the other Indian takeaways. We will definitely go back there, and will try a sit down meal too, as the setting was nice and the staff very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

RubyK wrote: »
    We tried Little India on Saturday (takeaway), on Parnell Street. Husband had the chicken jalfrezi, which he really enjoyed. I had the chicken fire eater. At last a curry in Waterford that is truely HOT. 2 mains with 2 rice & 2 garlic naan - €24.00, which is good value, compared to some of the other Indian takeaways.

Did the Chicken Fire Eater have lots of sauce or was it just a bit of sauce with some veggies that were not blended into the sauce?

I like curries to have everything blended together into a lot of sauce and have been caught out a few times when they have come out with a bowl of onions, tomatoes etc. all just basically chopped and not blended and then there is never enough sauce!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

reni10 wrote: »
    Did the Chicken Fire Eater have lots of sauce or was it just a bit of sauce with some veggies that were not blended into the sauce?

I like curries to have everything blended together into a lot of sauce and have been caught out a few times when they have come out with a bowl of onions, tomatoes etc. all just basically chopped and not blended and then there is never enough sauce!

It had lots of firey hot sauce! It really was very good. Give it a try and see what you think :)

Advertisement