Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun shops Galway

Options
  • 23-04-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Outside of Duffy's is there any good gun shops in the Galway aera. I am going to find myself in Galway tomorrow afternoon / evening for a few hours with fu** all to do and thought I might visit a shop or two?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

There's Corrib Tackle as well, reasonably selection of gear but not a huge number of firearms. You can try their airsoft range while you're there :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

viper123 wrote: »
    There's Corrib Tackle as well, reasonably selection of gear but not a huge number of firearms. You can try their airsoft range while you're there :-)

Thanks for that where are they?

Really looking to browse air rifles:D

Ok found them on net

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zeevalentino

Me thinks there is another small shop at the end of shop street attached to the pub. Freeney Sports, was never in it but often meant to have a gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shooting101

Ranger outdoor in bussiness park.good seltion of guns im buying a 233 savage.i cant wait:D:D:D:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Thanks for that where are they?

Really looking to browse air rifles:D

Ok found them on net

If you come out of the city be on the Headford road, you'll pass Dunnes Stores on your right, up past the Pillo Hotel also on your right then take the 4th exit off the roundabout into the Liosban Industrial park (think it's called Liosban anyway).

Keep left, pass by the car dealers on your left, and you'll see Corrib up a piece on your right next to a Polski/Polska shop.
    Me thinks there is another small shop at the end of shop street attached to the pub. Freeney Sports, was never in it but often meant to have a gander.

Not much to see in Freeneys last time I was there, more fishing and odds and ends.
    Ranger outdoor in bussiness park.good seltion of guns im buying a 233 savage.i cant wait:D:D:D:p:p

Where is this? Never heard of them :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Remmie 223

Would this be outdoor ranger in tuam?

Remmie 223 wrote: »
    Would this be outdoor ranger in tuam?

Yes. Found their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shooting101

johngalway wrote: »
    If you come out of the city be on the Headford road, you'll pass Dunnes Stores on your right, up past the Pillo Hotel also on your right then take the 4th exit off the roundabout into the Liosban Industrial park (think it's called Liosban anyway).

Keep left, pass by the car dealers on your left, and you'll see Corrib up a piece on your right next to a Polski/Polska shop.

Not much to see in Freeneys last time I was there, more fishing and odds and ends.

Where is this? Never heard of them :confused:

Tuam

Well back from Galway now and am dissapointed to say the least, between the 2 shops they could show me 1 air rifle and that was not even a PCP. But I did buy an airsoft Mauser 98 (for the kids of course) It will help to curb their cuirosity about the gun cabinet if they can see and handle a gun like daddy's one. I can't wait till they start shooting it:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Well back from Galway now and am dissapointed to say the least

Am not a bit surprised!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

I was in a very well known rfd's shop in galway recently and I will NEVER be going back there. I may as well have been invisible as I looked around the shop as the lad barely looked at me never mind tried to make a sale. Not a hope of looking in the gun room(I reckon it would have cost me a kidney to even look in the door)even though me and my mate were very interested in new shotguns. And to top it off, the lad he was giving advise to will be lucky to still have his head attached! I couldn't believe some of the ****e he was telling him. Sometimes you just have to wonder about people.......

Advertisement